• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

folks wake up!

these are the only ones the coaches turned in

notice there are 2 off most teams meaning those coaches submitted 2 players

anybody would have to know this is not a serious list

Your right, coaches submitt players from their team, and only players on the ballot get voted for, so, if a coach does not turn in any players from his team, they cannot be selected.

Your right, coaches submitt players from their team, and only players on the ballot get voted for, so, if a coach does not turn in any players from his team, they cannot be selected.

Then that would make this the dumbest, most illegitimate all-anything team ever. If I had a kid on this team I wouldn't even acknowledge it.

lifer and catback,

If your coaches sent in their nominations, then they would probably been selected for inclusion. Don't sit back and say they were working on winning the state championship, if my sources are correct, they have had the entire month of November to take 5-10 minutes to gather stats and fax to the person in charge.

It's just like complaining about a player not being selected for a post-season all-star game when the coach didn't nominate him. The fault still lies with the coach!!!

In my opinion, the bigger travesty is the Associated Press not assembling an All-State team this year. Hopefully, this is not true.

lifer and catback,

If your coaches sent in their nominations, then they would probably been selected for inclusion. Don't sit back and say they were working on winning the state championship, if my sources are correct, they have had the entire month of November to take 5-10 minutes to gather stats and fax to the person in charge.

It's just like complaining about a player not being selected for a post-season all-star game when the coach didn't nominate him. The fault still lies with the coach!!!

In my opinion, the bigger travesty is the Associated Press not assembling an All-State team this year. Hopefully, this is not true.

You may be right, but thats just part of the problem, go to the TFCA website and read the Word from the President, he states that the TFCA has to do a better job in selecting the all state team, so it will have some credibility. I'm not "sitting back" and making assumptions to why MOST of the coaches don't take the time to send these in.

But, until they do, this selection is flawed. I agree with you about the AP selection, and don' know why they stopped assembling an All-State team. This post was not a knock on the players selected, but, for more or less, the process.

Edited by catback