Top 5 AA teams

baseballa28

Here are my top 10 teams:

1. Mitchell (8-2)-They are a very loaded team and have the most talent in the state. They were upset by Kirby because of a hobbled but still playing Thad Young. Hamilton only beat them by 9 without Young playing.

2. Liberty (9-1)-You may think I am biased on this one but right now I think Liberty is the second best AA team in the state. They lost to Bolivar playing a horrible first half and not getting any help from the refs either.

3. Haywood (7-1)-This is a very atheletic group who has only lost one game and that was to Liberty by 5 points. They play Bolivar tonight and I think they are going to come out on top.

4. Bolivar (7-4)-Bolivar still has a lot of question marks and they have to figure them out or the three-peat will not happen. Right now they are a two man show and are not very deep either.

5. McMinn Central (9-0)-I don't know a whole lot about this team but they have a 9-0 record and I think they should be included. Beau Brown is a very good player and it looks like he is doing great in leading this team to victories.

These are my rankings tell me who you think are the top 5 in the state.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bolivar had question marks this time last year. Right now, the seniors are getting used to the younger players and the coaching staff is doing a lot of experimenting. They will get it together by March.

I have watched Bolivar play for the past 4 years and I believe this is their weakest team since before Willie got there. They are still a very good team and you are probably right but they are taking a little more time to get it together because of the younger players.

BB28,

Prior to Willie, Bolivar had players such as Cameron Crisp, Ashley Champion, and Brian Lake. All of whom played in the state tournament, were Mr. Basketball finalist (Crisp was MR. Basketball in 2000), and recieved college scholarships. There are people in Bolivar who believe that Bolivar's late 90's teams were better than our state championship teams. This may not be the best Bolivar team that Willie has played on. However, it is far from weak. It really looks a lot like last year's team. Last year Bolivar lost regular season games to Liberty and Fayette Ware. They really looked average until tournament time when they beat every team in the District, Region, Sectional, and State tournament by 15 pts or more (except for MLK and Raleigh Egypt). I am not saying that will happen this year. I just believe that a team that has not lost a post season tournament game in over 2 years should not be counted out in December.

Guest catfish-hunter

Sycamore has certainly gotta be on this list. They will be 7-0 after tonight and still yet to be tested on the year. They smacked Harpeth on Friday night and this weekend they've got two good teams on their schedule in Stewart Co. and Goodpasture.

The War Eagles are a team that will play with Bolivar and Liberty in the Regional Tourney. They are deep, big, and can still shoot the lights out from downtown. Most important of all they play hard all the time. In order to beat them you'd better bring your A-GAME for 32 minutes or you'll be going home with a "L".