The GQ era at MHS

Neil

Oooo...pretty players? Stars, is your alter ego Murvul Gal creepin out?

I didn't read the other 4 pages of this thread, but I'm glad to see a quality individual like Coach Quarles can spark this much debate and conversation.

It's good that a christian man such as Coach Quarles sticks firm in the frontal lobe of all your minds. That's a credt to Coach Q.

It's a shame that the other schools in the county don't have as much to discuss in the same regard.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You are correct that players do come and go,but you must also admit that you have had run of really good players. I think we could say that the success of the program recruits itself. Central Bobcat

NOW, stick to that boobcat. SUCCESS recruits...not coaches, parents, school officials, folks living in the area, boosters, aliens from your planet, etc.

I stand 100% by your statement...success recruits.

billy. what do these players have in common?

jason witten

aamad childress

cassen jackson

josh bullock

daniel bullock

john henry

joe sanders

chris russell

walter fisher

gerald riggs

brandon jenkins

brandon wright

ladarius price

kyle dickerson

terrence houston

dustin lindsey

brandon warren

zane bruin

lee smith

cody watts

baron huber

zach helton

kenyatta fullilove

michael carter

graig cooper

none of them ever beat the machine known as maryville rebel football. look at who has played big time college football from maryville since 1997.

chuck prugh ut

nick black clemson

carl stewart auburn

scott wilks marshall

cade thompson south carolina

there are several more who played small colleges. how many has william blount have?

the difference between william blount and maryville is this. when william blount beats ooltawah they make a dvd of that game. at maryville it would be just another win. in 1999 william blount won their only blount county championship in football. i saw william blount players wearing their letter jackets with the blount county championship patches on them. at maryville the only patches you see on their jackets are state championship patches.

i also remember when the walker boys were thinking about going to maryville. i was wondering do they want to go to maryville where they can play 15 games a year or do they want to go to william blount where they can play 10-11 games a year?

So BILLY you are telling me W.B. doesn't have "intelligent" assistant coaches and no "good sets of eyes in the pressbox"? Now BILLY don't "contradict" yourself, if W.B. has "good coaches".....

Again BILLY, if W.B. has all these "superior athletes," why are none of them not on any college roster? BILLY that is a legitimate, not "rediculous" (ridiculous) question. BILLY, 40 times, strength numbers, etc.......are just that....numbers. Pretty athletes and numbers don't win games and put points on the board.....TEAMS DO......Just ask Brandon, Duck, Joey, Riggs Jr., Walter Fisher Jr., Walker, Osborne, Zach, DaDa, Lee Smith, Cody Watts, Graig Cooper, Michael Carter, etc. how many blocks and tackles GQ and Co. made?

I agree we have a great staff...which is part of the TEAM.

Cassen is doing well at the "University of Vanderbilt" (Vanderbilt University). You are right he had "a pretty tough time" against MHS. Just like the players mentioned above.....his team always had fewer points in every high school football game, than the TEAM wearing Red and Black.

The answer to the question at hand is NO. William Blount for the most part does not have assistant coaches who are as well rounded as Maryville's. Having been a witness, Scott Meadow's had to do to much on his own. There have not been a good set of eyes in the press box in probably the last 6 years, and I honestly believe this to be true. The difference in discipline between Maryville and William Blount and other school's is there. It is not very much, but it is there. The coaches at William Blount do enough on technique, a wonderful job on speed and strength training, and a great job on basic understanding of the offense and defense. But when it comes down to it Maryville's offensive coordinator,whether it is always GQ or if he has help i do not know, but he had to have been a major league pitcher. Because they seem to always keep the other team totally off balance, and throw the fastball for a strike when they have to. And where did i spell ridiculous rediculous?

The answer to the question at hand is NO. William Blount for the most part does not have assistant coaches who are as well rounded as Maryville's. Having been a witness, Scott Meadow's had to do to much on his own. There have not been a good set of eyes in the press box in probably the last 6 years, and I honestly believe this to be true. The difference in discipline between Maryville and William Blount and other school's is there. It is not very much, but it is there. The coaches at William Blount do enough on technique, a wonderful job on speed and strength training, and a great job on basic understanding of the offense and defense. But when it comes down to it Maryville's offensive coordinator,whether it is always GQ or if he has help i do not know, but he had to have been a major league pitcher. Because they seem to always keep the other team totally off balance, and throw the fastball for a strike when they have to. And where did i spell ridiculous rediculous?

BILLY does "well rounded" mean they are not as good?

And where did you spell ridiculous "rediculous?".....Let's see BILLY you spelled it "rediculous" until about Jan 7, 2006 2:59 PM, when you went back on the previous page and edited it...So about 7 minutes before your last post at Jan 7, 2006 3:06 PM....Editing is good BILLY... :thumb:

Edited by STARSNBARS

And where did you spell ridiculous "rediculous?".....Let's see BILLY you spelled it "rediculous" until about Jan 7, 2006 2:59 PM, when you went back on the previous page and edited it...So about 7 minutes before your last post at Jan 7, 2006 3:06 PM....Editing is good BILLY... B)

You have to love "paper trails". Good catch. :(

Well Billy you can have baseball until Maryville gets serious about that sport. The MHS baseball team, I am sad to say has been broken for some time now. I am one who thinks the present coach needs to go and as soon as his next child graduates I say the school brings in a real baseball coach. I love JG but the record and dismal preformance of the teams of late bear the facts that something must get done if Maryville is ever going to seriously compete beyound its own district level in baseball. There are many kids walking the halls who could out play many of the team members presently on the roster, but have issues or can't get past the present selection process. Another issue for another day.

Not wanting to cause trouble, its just my opinion.

Sorry everybody, but i have to take a bite on this one. Don't give baseball to WB until they earn it. Records in the past have shown. Even last year they might have beat us 8-1, but it seems that people forget the 13-3 in a shortened game. As for all the bashing of coach gaylor during baseball season and now on this post, get over yourself FBE...I don't think it is CG fault that the team averaged 6 errors a game. It is not CG fault that there were 7+ no decisions because of complete fall outs during games including a loss to Halls (ranked #1 in the state with a 23-1 record at that time) with a 6 run lead in the 5th inning after fatty woo (Aaron Gaylor) injured his throwing elbow...things didn't fall our way a lot last year. And why don't you come take a few swings against Holland or Catapono or Bell. We will see how you do. Try to hit Coy Best with an unbelievable knuckler. So don't start giving things to Willy B that they haven't taken yet, because we aren't giving it up. If you have so much critisism come watch this year...you will be surprised...TRUST ME!!!

Edited by rebelguy21

you tellem fatboy!!! :lol:

good luck this season.

HAHA!!! That last one is not from who you think it is Rebelman...I am on his name though...I was at his house last night supposedly doing a project...haha...yep we are working hard as usual...but he chooses to not get into this...he said that we have a lot to prove but we will take care of this TALK on the diamond...we are all really excited to start the year...especially since we are going to be in Florida for the first six games. Have a good year next year though...I will still be there to watch, but it will be from the rail next year!!!! :blink:

you tellem fatboy!!! :lol:

good luck this season.

HAHA...that last one was not from who you think it was Rebelman...I was at his house though supposedly doing a project...workin hard as usual...HAHA. I just needed to get that off my chest though...He said that he does not want to join all the talk...he wants to prove it on the diamond where it should be. We are all very excited to start the season though. Especially since we are going to be in Florida for the first six games. But Rebelman thanks for the support...since we came to the football games you know you have to come support a couple times for us...HAHA...good luck next year though...I plan on being there on the rail next year though! :blink:

HAHA...that last one was not from who you think it was Rebelman...I was at his house though supposedly doing a project...workin hard as usual...HAHA. I just needed to get that off my chest though...He said that he does not want to join all the talk...he wants to prove it on the diamond where it should be. We are all very excited to start the season though. Especially since we are going to be in Florida for the first six games. But Rebelman thanks for the support...since we came to the football games you know you have to come support a couple times for us...HAHA...good luck next year though...I plan on being there on the rail next year though! :thumb:

Good luck to you as well, i will try to make it to some games and watch you guys play, you better beat halls this year!! B)