DB vs. SOUTH, from the gridiron to the hardwood

1_and_1 make_2

I personally think this league is as balanced as it has been in years, I don't see any "South" fans being over confident. Art you are right. If you are going to win this conference you MUST take care of business at home. South has not done that with T-High and Central. That is why, in my opionion, the conference title goes thru Kingpsort. South has really stuggled with teams that play zone. I expect no difference tonight. Everyone travel safely and I know it will be an exciting and well fought game.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great game both teams. Exciting as they will get! DB was down by 20 at one point and NEVER gave up. South looks like they may have found their groove. What a HUGE team. Look for a game anytime these two play. Alot of people are continuing to eat there words about DB this season. This conference is the most exciting it has been in many, many years.

Roll Tribe!

D-B won 57-56. Not sure how it happened and I watched the whole thing! ha. South blew up in the 4th and D-B never quit. I like the way D-B scraps. It was obvious they were outmatched, but they have a lot of heart. They do have a couple of attitudes on the team, but I've never been one to not like a little attitude here and there. South's seniors didn't handle the pressure the way seniors should. Hopefully they'll learn from this. Missed free throws and turnovers doomed them.

two quick points also: WaCoJaCo was correct.........."this is not a rivalry". There was hardly any excitement in the air and D-B's fans didn't storm the court after the game, so I guess he's correct. :huh: Also, MaroonandGray is correct.........home cooking helped the Rebs tremendously. We wouldn't even have been close if not for the officials. :justwrestle:

P.S. Before the replies start, I was attempting to be sarcastic on the last two points. :huh:

P.S.S. The 'nasty sideburns' chant was funny, I don't care who you are! :o

volman you can say whatever you want about the game, the rivalry, the chants, but PLEASE do not use the refs as an excuse. I have never been one to use them for or against db win or lose, and that will not change.

it was obvious to anyone that the refs blew calls for both teams. there were WAY to many over the back calls on both teams that were never called, there were WAY to many reaching calls on the indians that werent called, and there were WAY to many fouls on the rebels when the indians went up down low that never got called. it went both ways. you can not blame the refs at all!

this game was a result of both south BLOWING UP and db having more heart that RUDY and never giving up! great game Indians!!

Undefeated and 1st place in the conference!

volman you can say whatever you want about the game, the rivalry, the chants, but PLEASE do not use the refs as an excuse. I have never been one to use them for or against db win or lose, and that will not change.

it was obvious to anyone that the refs blew calls for both teams. there were WAY to many over the back calls on both teams that were never called, there were WAY to many reaching calls on the indians that werent called, and there were WAY to many fouls on the rebels when the indians went up down low that never got called. it went both ways. you can not blame the refs at all!

this game was a result of both south BLOWING UP and db having more heart that RUDY and never giving up! great game Indians!!

Undefeated and 1st place in the conference!

See, I knew this would happen. Did you read the part where I spelled out the fact that I was being sarcastic? I was pointing out the fact that some were saying that South would get all the calls. Ah, never mind. Good game and good luck to you guys. I'm sure the next one, possibly two or three matchups will be just as exciting.

Yes the sideburns chant was awesome.I really can't believe DB won that game,Sensabaugh didn't hit a shot until the 4th quarter and then he had prolly 10 or 12.It was kind of like the football game,South outplayed them,but they couldn't shut the door,they let the Indians stay in it and it proved to hurt them.Had Willey and Roberts still been in the game it probably would have been a different story,but thats the way the game goes.The fouls were cheap,but there's nothing you can do about it.I don't know how much longer DB can keep doing this,but they've proved me wrong plenty of times this season.All these close games might catch up to them later,but they've earned first place so far.

WE might have won tonight, but a loss was too our squad. Logan looks like he hurt his knee, i hope to all that is holy that he'll be back in no time, but, his face was the MRI results to me. I could be wrong, but if hes out, i could see big Jordan Edwards gettin more PT. He did good on defense, and really made no mistakes. This man will be playin defintely in the next few years, but i could see Charlie callin his # more often if Logans hurt

what a game... i still cannot believe that we won. i was about to leave when it was 42-24 and we were missing every shot put up. great comeback by the indians. shout out to my boy brad blackwell who was just showin more heart then anybody. was it just me or did the last 10 seconds remind me of the game last year just reversed?

CMO is without a doubt the best Coach in East Tennessee. 6-0 on the Road in Conference to start the Season, all with a Team nobody expected more than too be a .500 Team.

Great Crowd for Kingsport. Great Student Section for the Indians. DB never gave up. Down 8-0, down by 12 at half, down 44-24 in the 3rd, down 15 going into the 4th qtr @ 44-29. DB chipped away and somehow got back in the game. Coty Sensabugh did nothing until the 4th qtr, then he really took control. Jo Jo Throp always has the Opponents Crowd on his back for 4 quarters, but he just keeps coming at you and always plays great, what a ball player. Frankie Adams played a good game. Logan Wiliamson got hurt at the end, and was in foul trouble the entire game, but he really had some big plays in the 4th qtr. I hope Logan is ok. he was walking slowly, but was putting weight on the knee or ankle, so maybe he is going to be ok in a week or 2.

When Coty Sensabaugh hit that Free Throw with nobody else on the court, that was pressure. He stuck it in the Rebels Eye!! DB is 1 point better than the Rebels again!! @ South.

Road Warriors

Roll Tribe Roll

Giddy Up!!

Edited by ArtVandalay