Siegel at Willis Valley Shoot Out

StarsPres

Siegel plays in the Willis Valley Shoot Out in Ft Payne, AL on Wed, Thur & Fri of this week (12 21-23, 2005). They play Gordon Lee High at 10:30 AM on Wednesday. Does anyone know anything about them.

:lol::thumb: The Teams participating are:

Ft Payne High School- Ft Payne, AL

Grissom-Huntsville, AL

Northridge-Tuscaloosa, AL

Girls Prepatory School-Chatanooga, TN

Daniel Boone High School-Gray, TN

Eufaula High School-Eufaula, AL

Siegel High School-Murfreesboro, TN

Gordon Lee High School-Chickamauga, GA

Edited by StarsPres

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Siegel plays in the Willis Valley Shoot Out in Ft Payne, AL on Wed, Thur & Fri of this week (12 21-23, 2005). They play Gordon Lee High at 10:30 AM on Wednesday. Does anyone know anything about them.

:lol::lol: The Teams participating are:

Ft Payne High School- Ft Payne, AL

Grissom-Huntsville, AL

Northridge-Tuscaloosa, AL

Girls Prepatory School-Chatanooga, TN

Daniel Boone High School-Gray, TN

Eufaula High School-Eufaula, AL

Siegel High School-Murfreesboro, TN

Gordon Lee High School-Chickamauga, GA

This is a good Georgia single A team with a 6-3 record against shools or all classifications. scores indicate that they are scoring on an average 60+ points a game but their opposition is scoring about 50 points a game average. High scorers Kori Penland 25ppg and Mattie Mckinley 20 ppg Played boyd buchanan first game of the year but no score or no information. I would think it is a small school that would run and gun.

This is a good Georgia single A team with a 6-3 record against shools or all classifications. scores indicate that they are scoring on an average 60+ points a game but their opposition is scoring about 50 points a game average. High scorers Kori Penland 25ppg and Mattie Mckinley 20 ppg Played boyd buchanan first game of the year but no score or no information. I would think it is a small school that would run and gun.

Eufaula is ranked # 5 in AL 5-A. Siegel will play them Thursday if they get past Daniel Boone and we get past G-L.

Edited by StarsPres

Lucky star 22- Good post. This team is just starting to believe in itself and believe in each other. The coaching staff has done a great job in working out the strategy on both offense and defense. The team is executing the strategy because it works. This team is working hard and it is good now but by the end of the season it looks like it will be very good. It's hard to visualize how good it can be if they will believe in themselves and believe in each other. Go stars.

Eufaula is ranked # 5 in AL 5-A. Siegel will play them Thursday if they get past Daniel Boone and we get past G-L.

I was wrong, Eufaula is #6 in 5 A. You are right Lucky, Siegel leads the district in defense, allowing only 43.2 points per game, while scoring 50. The Grey Goose says hello. She just got back from the Apple Store.

For anyone needing directions to the Tournament site, just take I-24 East toward Chattanooga. Exit on I-59 south(exit 167) and go 39 miles south to exit 222. Turn left on US 11 (Veterans Memorial Hwy) and proceed for 2 miles. Turn left on Gault Ave and then right on 45th St NE. Hope to see you there!

Didn't make it to the tournament, but do have the results from the first game. Siegel won against Gordon Lee High 61-33. Great win for the Lady Stars!

Does anyone have a report on Daniel Boone's game Wednesday?

Eufaula is a tough opponent plus the Lady Blazers played last night against Volunteer and then traveled with a very late arrival time. Their legs may be a little dead.

Slip- This proably doen't make any difference to you but Siegel won their game 61-33 over a Georgia team. Boone/Euphala winner plays Siegel. good Luck in your game. Euphala is ranked 6th in Alabama but I am unsure how good Alabama girls basketball is.

Didn't make it to the tournament, but do have the results from the first game. Siegel won against Gordon Lee High 61-33. Great win for the Lady Stars!

[/quote

I believe TJ scored 17 points to lead the Stars in a blowout and everyone played and scored. Good game Stars. The next game will be against the #6 team in Alabama very likely unless D Boone upsets them, which they could do.