4A TSWA ALL-STATE

STARSNBARS

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it is not political, someone said it best, when they said that good ones will always be left off, there is no way to put all deserving players on the list, one of the best players that I saw this year played for a team that won 2 games, that young man never did get any mention and it is ashamed because he would have been a star on any team. For so manyof us posters, we are very familiar with players onour teams, and for some of us, very familiar with a couple of teams, I find it entertaining when I read critical comments about players from posters who may have seen the player in question 1 or 2 times during a season. most of these critics do so while being a fan of one shool and bashing players from another. well if you are a fan of one school, my guess is that you only see that other team maybe one time a year, does that make your criticism anything but biased.

Oh man I agree Hightower over Tallent! What a political joke! If Hightower wa at Maryville he would not even start! I mean come on, one and done in the play-offs and big yards vs. losing teams!

Another reason polls and ratings are silly compaired to real results!

Sure about that, not even start, what does one and out have to do with the ability of one player, Maryville would still have competed for a state title without Tallen. With that being said, one person does not win state titles, nor does a loss in the opening round of the playoffs indicate that an individual is not deserving of an all state nomination. what real results are you talking about, was it Tallent's state title or was it Maryville's state title. I do agree with you that polls and rankings are ridiculous, but had you picked the all stste team it would still be ridiculous.

How many yards did Hightower have when he played Maryville?

He had 30 versus the first team in the first half and the first 2 possesions the second half. Then ended up with around 170 i think. He had 6 or 7 carriers for around 70 yards on one possesion against the third string. He broke a run around 70 yards against third string after that.

Vs Maryville had 187 yards. About 35 vs the first team D and got the reat in the later part of the 3rd and fourth qtrs. He also played the whole game.

When I said he would not start for Maryville I meant that, Baker and Tallent were and are far better RB's over all than was HighTower. All-State not even close to all-region in my opinion. Sorry.

Vs Maryville had 187 yards. About 35 vs the first team D and got the reat in the later part of the 3rd and fourth qtrs. He also played the whole game.

When I said he would not start for Maryville I meant that, Baker and Tallent were and are far better RB's over all than was HighTower. All-State not even close to all-region in my opinion. Sorry.

fbe i want to know what it is that you have against me??? i went out on the field on friday nights and did what i could do...never claiming to be better than any of the other backs...but since i was in the game and ran for yards on your second and third string it makes you mad...i am not happy with doing that...i know that maryville shut me down and that completely dissapointed me...the coach left me in and had all the other seniors playing that night in the 4 quarter was i supposed to lay down and not try to do what i could...and as far as tallent goes i will never say that i am better than him...i like him...i was at the alcoa/maryville camp with him and i think that we have enough respect for each other to not argue about who is better at what...but what im asking you is for someone who has not ever said anything bad about your team that you must talk so much stuff about what they dont deserve...i worked hard as h*ll through highschool to be the best i could if im not up to your standards i would like you to keep that to yourself or express your feelings to me...not tell the whole world that you think i stink...i honestly just dont like it...i have respect for all of maryvilles players but i have none for you or half the fans b/c there is no respect for me...and what i did to deserve all the hatred coming from you i do not know...take this how you want it...it doesnt harldy matter i guess but everysince the day after the game when you said i was overrated i wanted to let u know how i feel...i said what i have to say and i guess ill find out how u are goin to respond...Rommel Hightower

fbe i want to know what it is that you have against me??? i went out on the field on friday nights and did what i could do...never claiming to be better than any of the other backs...but since i was in the game and ran for yards on your second and third string it makes you mad...i am not happy with doing that...i know that maryville shut me down and that completely dissapointed me...the coach left me in and had all the other seniors playing that night in the 4 quarter was i supposed to lay down and not try to do what i could...and as far as tallent goes i will never say that i am better than him...i like him...i was at the alcoa/maryville camp with him and i think that we have enough respect for each other to not argue about who is better at what...but what im asking you is for someone who has not ever said anything bad about your team that you must talk so much stuff about what they dont deserve...i worked hard as h*ll through highschool to be the best i could if im not up to your standards i would like you to keep that to yourself or express your feelings to me...not tell the whole world that you think i stink...i honestly just dont like it...i have respect for all of maryvilles players but i have none for you or half the fans b/c there is no respect for me...and what i did to deserve all the hatred coming from you i do not know...take this how you want it...it doesnt harldy matter i guess but everysince the day after the game when you said i was overrated i wanted to let u know how i feel...i said what i have to say and i guess ill find out how u are goin to respond...Rommel Hightower

Hight tower, i do not mean to point my arguments with tssaa to you, i canot speak for fbe but, i asure you he is the same way. The coaches should not have left you in ,in my opinion, and I think it was a little demoralizing to the third teamers. I cant take anything away from you you are and awsome back and shook me pretty good. sooo, I just think tallent should have been on the team. my bad as a rebel fan for shoing my toe

Edited by rebelman16