Top 10 in 1A

culleokarep

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From what I know of Union City they should not be ranked #1. They aren't as good as Middleton but probably should be in the top 10 (#7).

I agree the team has four losses. I dont care if they are to AA and AAA teams you cant have four losses in the first month and be number one in the state. They may be really good but not number one.

Middleton won the State Championship last season, returned a lot, and they only have 2 losses this season through the course of a very difficult schedule. They haven't lost to a single A school. Until somebody in single A steps up and beats them they should remain in the top spot. They have split with Bolivar (prob the best overall team in the state) and lost to a team in Mississippi. Edited by therickbol

after looking over some stuff i think right now the most dangerous team in single a has to be union city...they killed lake co. and they are doing pretty good against everyone else...i know middleton is the defending champs but i dunno union city is gonna be tough...and for those who said pickett co. should be in there...please they barely beat moore co....if you can barely beat them you should be nowhere near the top 10

You cant base your rankings on the margin of victory of one ballgame. I am not arguing for or against Pickett. Just saying that is not a good reasoning to base your rankings. Maybe Moore Co. played unbelievable (and still lost)? Maybe Pickett played subs a lot? Maybe Pickett played as bad as they could (and still won)?

Edited by therickbol

i know noone else is at this tournament so you cant really respond to this but i am extremely impressed on how our boys our playing we played an extremely talented team tonight in northview that has some size that we may not face in tn single a ball...they're moving up on my list...and that not bias culleoka is flat playin their butts off

i needed to change my list up a little bit so...

1.middleton

2.grace

3.humboldt

4.temple

5. union city

6. summertown

7.culleoka

8. cosby

9. clay county

10. wayne co.

Don't misunderstand this statement, because I think Culleoka has a good team. But, seems to be a little bias if you are putting Culleoka at the #7 spot.