Top 10 in 1A

culleokarep

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5.Cosby...13-1 so far having a good season and they will be tested soon with their game against grace

The Grace team that Cosby plays is Grace Knoxville/Oak Ridge not the team from the Chattanooga area. This is their 1st year in District 3A and as a TSSAA school.

They could be a really good team in the future but they're still building a program

TOP 10

1.Middleton

2.Humboldt

3.Grace Baptist Academy

4.Union City

5.Temple

6.Culleoka

7.Summertown

8.Clay Co.

9.Lake Co.

10.Cosby

very sorry but its a must i throught a wildcard in, Wayne Co. They could very easily secure a spot in there. These are the teams i believe are most talented despite some losses and will still be around in March. Thoughts?

1 Middleton - defending champions

2 Temple - looks like the team to beat in that district still

3 Union City - very tough with a tough schedule

4 Clay County - finally back healthy and dominating once again

5 Grace - Very good team loaded with talent

6 Cosby - Don't know much about them they have solid wins over good teams

7 Humbolt - Always seem to have a tough team

8 Wayne Co. - Not alot of competition on the schedule but very solid team

9 Summertown - Another solid team that could be in Murphreesboro come march

10 Lake Co. - Team is loaded with talent, will challenge for the district

Here's my top ten 1-A teams...

1. Grace

2. Middleton

3. Temple

4. Union City

5. Humboldt

6 Wayne County

7. Summertown

8. Cosby

9. Culleoka

10. Clay County

That is absurd!!! How can you put WCHS ahead of SHS? You must be thinking GIRLS!!!! Even then that isn't a guaranteed win there either. SHS will win 12A boys and could possibly do so without a blemish. Braden and Klinghard will dominate WCHS.

That is absurd!!! How can you put WCHS ahead of SHS? You must be thinking GIRLS!!!! Even then that isn't a guaranteed win there either. SHS will win 12A boys and could possibly do so without a blemish. Braden and Klinghard will dominate WCHS.

I kinda liked that poll from WCHS_Wildcats_#2...I see a more trueful poll than the ones I've seen so far...and Stown is good no doubt about it, but I mean don't put them up in the sky.......Their time will come..but to say a clean sweep of 12a boys is "absurd"...... :thumb:

Edited by Waynefame

I kinda liked that poll from WCHS_Wildcats_#2...I see a more trueful poll than the ones I've seen so far...and Stown is good no doubt about it, but I mean don't put them up in the sky.......Their time will come..but to say a clean sweep of 12a boys is "absurd"...... ;)

What else do you want--SHS has already beaten PCHS @ Linden, trashed Collinwood @ Summertown, Clifton is self explanitory, Hampshire was beaten badly. The only other team to challenge will be WCHS but I just dont think anyone in the district can stop both Braden and Klinghard and that is what it will take.

lol so what Summertown has beaten all those teams...so has Wayne Co. They beat Perry Co.(Away) by 11, Clifton(Home) by 46, Hampshire(Away) by 23, Collinwood(Away) by 16...those are all gimme games...and as far as "Braden" and "Klinghard"...we got two players you need to learn who they are...Hammack and Doyle(Healthy again)!!....we will find out who's better on Jan. 10th...wen SHS comes to WCHS to play.

in light of a few big wins and losses heres my new top 10...

1. Middleton...played great ball all year beating bolivar was huge...and they arent defending state champs

2.Grace...finally got their first loss but still a very good team and will still go very far in the state tourney

3.Temple...they keep on winning consistent and their guard duo has to be one of the best in single

4.Clay county...huge win over pickett co. they deserve a spot in the top 5

5.Cosby...13-1 so far having a good season and they will be tested soon with their game against grace

6.Summertown...very good team and not many ppl know about but i promise they are a force to be reckoned with...check the scores saturday when they play CA

7.Culleoka...very solid team they just keep on winning...brought the tourney back to tennessee from alabama playing some extremely good talent..watch out for these guys

8.Humboldt...taken a few hits over the past week but still a solid team

9.Union City...ppl are gonna say something about this one but they can beat any single a team on any given night...i think they deserve a spot here

10.Columbia Academy..as much as i hate to put them on here they've earned a spot but they will be out of the top 10 when they lose saturday

thats what ive got...let the arguments begin :o

Fun rankings for debate...but, the basketball in West TN is a bit better than what is being played in the Middle and Eastern parts of the state - especially in 1A.

Middleton is #1 - they are the defending champs and until a 1A team knocks them off, they deserve the top spot.

Union City is #2 - no team in the this part of the state has played them well other than 2A powers Bolivar, Liberty and Fayette. Plus, they have wins over Poplar Bluff, MO and Memphis East.

There are other quality teams in the state like Temple, Lake County, Peabody, Wayne County, Grace, etc... that "might" give either team a run for their money...but, the ball being played by UC & Middleton is execptional. Both teams are deeper and quicker than anyone I've seen this season. They should meet in the state title game in 1A.

Sportsradiotn....

You are correct..Middleton would have to be #1 until somebody beats them in 1A..Union City,with probable 1A Mr.Basketball,Marquis Weddle is #2..Wouldn't that be a great game??..The rest of the top 10 is playing for 3rd...And as was the case last year,the state championship game will be pitting two West Tennessee teams against each other....

Tough night the other night with 'Nova...

Give Kevin a buzz,he is the new Sports Editor at The Mayfield Messenger....