Top 10 in 1A

culleokarep

Unaka is a tournement team. Look @ their records in previous seasons, they've had decent regular season records, but then they take off in the post-season.

When was the last time Clay Co. got past sub-state?

Its been a long time thats for sure, Unaka has a much easier road to the state. But hopefully Grace will make that trip north again this year and we'll book reservations in the boro' when that happens! :lol:

• Replies 374
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its been a long time thats for sure, Unaka has a much easier road to the state. But hopefully Grace will make that trip north again this year and we'll book reservations in the boro' when that happens! :lol:

Well of coarse Grace doesnt plan losing regions. And Clay hasnt won their region either. (or at least last time I checked.) Grace can win on the road at substate. They beat Trousdale County two years ago at Trousdales old gym. If you can win there you can win anywhere.

As long as they are winning they deserve to be up there right now know matter who they played...But it's just an opinion...calm down...

Would expect nothing less from a RBS fan. Sounds like your girls team........"well look at our record it doesn't matter that we only play about three tough games a year we get our 20 wins and everybody in town talks about how good we are". This is exactly why youll never go far come tourney time girls or boys.

Anybody can have one bad game.

Sorry, Clay Co. has had several "bad" or "down" games. Hartsville almost beat them in the Nera White Tournament with Walden and all of their "star" players. They were down by 10 points at halftime during that game and came back. Westmoreland held them to just 16 points with all of their "star" players in the first HALF of the Nera White Championship game. They recently played Hermitage Springs and just won by 9 points! Friendship beat them pretty badly AT Clay Co. They do keep on winning and they are a very good team when they are all playing their "A" game but the way they are playing now both up and down, they will get beat in the region or sub-state before they make the state. However, I wish them well as they are a Senior team.

Its been a long time thats for sure, Unaka has a much easier road to the state. But hopefully Grace will make that trip north again this year and we'll book reservations in the boro' when that happens! :angry:

Good point on Unaka. If I am not mistaken, this Unaka team does not have the experience that previous Unaka teams have had.

You missed what I was saying about Clay. I wasn't trying to start something, I just wanted to know.

when is the last time a gold ball went to middle TN?

That was such a good question, I had to research it.

1999--Moore County, the last of 12 crowns in 13 years for Middle Tennessee. Boyd was the other champ during that streak.

It's been a while, though. Balance of power has shifted over the past seven years or so. Can't argue that.

That was such a good question, I had to research it.

1999--Moore County, the last of 12 crowns in 13 years for Middle Tennessee. Boyd was the other champ during that streak.

It's been a while, though. Balance of power has shifted over the past seven years or so. Can't argue that.

agreed..i do think that middle TN is making a resurgence...i think we had a big suprise showing by Wayne Co. last year...and i also think we will have a big showing this year for middle TN...only time will tell though

Anybody can have one bad game.

Sorry, Clay Co. has had several "bad" or "down" games. Hartsville almost beat them in the Nera White Tournament with Walden and all of their "star" players. They were down by 10 points at halftime during that game and came back. Westmoreland held them to just 16 points with all of their "star" players in the first HALF of the Nera White Championship game. They recently played Hermitage Springs and just won by 9 points! Friendship beat them pretty badly AT Clay Co. They do keep on winning and they are a very good team when they are all playing their "A" game but the way they are playing now both up and down, they will get beat in the region or sub-state before they make the state. However, I wish them well as they are a Senior team.

I see alot of "almosts" in this post of yours. Whats the bottom line? It doesnt matter if you win by 1 or 100 now does it? You can say this team almost did this, that team almost held them to this, bottom line is they are winning the games. Every team throughout the season has off nights and bad games, its when it matters most, when it counts, that the real teams show up. So i guess we'll wait and see won't we! <_<