RAW's Chattanooga Area Christmas Top 10

redandwhiteforever

I'm not too sure about South Pitt being in the #10 spot, but other than that this is not too far fetched. Grace might be better than McCallie and since East Ridge beat Howard -- I'd probably put ER in the 8 spot and Howard at 9 and Cleveland at 10.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just a minute ago you said . . . "if you think Temple is seriously capable of surviving in the upper echelons with McMinn Central, Grace, Bradley, and that bunch, then by all means, make yourself a poll...however, I think everybody knows that Temple would get destroyed by any of the above mentioned teams...Temple is in the top 10 tho...be happy..."

Why did you change your mind? "Upper echelons"? So all of a sudden Grace is in the "upper echelons"? What have they done to deserve that title? Temple has basically dominated them in the past and I don't think we can say for sure how these two teams will do against each other this year.

And we all know that Bradley Central is down this year compared to the the last few years. And the last time I checked Grace also plays Chatt. Creative Arts and Silverdale; so I'm not too sure what point you're trying to make with that comment.

Well, lets start at square one...I thought I had put McCallie in my poll and if u remember that post before I edited it, it also said everybody above McCallie give or take howard and east ridge would beat temple pretty easily...I saw this mistake and went back and changed the whole post...Yes, Grace IS in the Upper Echelons in this area...feel free to prove me wrong, or at least to try to...I believe Grace will have their way with Temple this year because according to sources I have in Chattanooga, Temple is really down this year...besides, I believe Grace is CAPABLE of competing in the Upper Echelons with the likes of McMinn Central, Bradley Central, and anyone else you wanna throw in that pile...I just don't believe Temple could compete with either of those schools...I strongly believe Grace could...to concrete my point, Grace plays a tougher schedule then Temple and so far, they are undefeated...Temple plays a far weaker schedule, but they have just one loss, so that isn't too bad I don't suppose...the point here I was trying to make before you came along and said what you said was where I had Temple ranked at, which was #10...everybody ranked ahead of Temple would beat them, in my oppinion...I know Bradley Central and McMinn Central would slaughter them...

Well, lets start at square one...I thought I had put McCallie in my poll and if u remember that post before I edited it, it also said everybody above McCallie give or take howard and east ridge would beat temple pretty easily...I saw this mistake and went back and changed the whole post...Yes, Grace IS in the Upper Echelons in this area...feel free to prove me wrong, or at least to try to...I believe Grace will have their way with Temple this year because according to sources I have in Chattanooga, Temple is really down this year...besides, I believe Grace is CAPABLE of competing in the Upper Echelons with the likes of McMinn Central, Bradley Central, and anyone else you wanna throw in that pile...I just don't believe Temple could compete with either of those schools...I strongly believe Grace could...to concrete my point, Grace plays a tougher schedule then Temple and so far, they are undefeated...Temple plays a far weaker schedule, but they have just one loss, so that isn't too bad I don't suppose...the point here I was trying to make before you came along and said what you said was where I had Temple ranked at, which was #10...everybody ranked ahead of Temple would beat them, in my oppinion...I know Bradley Central and McMinn Central would slaughter them...

you said you heard Temple was down from some of your sources in chatt? ... um does that mean you really dont know , but trying to state your own opinion that 1. grace is better and will have their way with Temple 2. Temple is down this year and 3. Mcminn Central (God's gift to bball) and Bradley Central would slaughter us, based on somebody elses opinion? umm maybe you should see them play before you say Temple is lucky to be on top 10 in chatt. area.

Edited by ILoveLamp5

I just want to get one thing straight. How many teams in your top ten have you SEEN play?

Well, lets start at square one...to concrete my point, Grace plays a tougher schedule then Temple and so far, they are undefeated...Temple plays a far weaker schedule . . .

You obviously haven't analyzed both teams schedules, have you?

Temple and Grace play many of the same teams.

Game results so far:

Creative Arts -- Grace beat by 39, Temple beat by 42

Silverdale -- Grace won by a margin of 37 (64-27), Temple won by 27 (81-54)(that's by scoring 17 points more than Grace did against them).

21st Century -- Grace got the win 77-49, Temple beat them 81-55.

Grace has wins over a few mediocre teams: Westmoreland, Gordonsville, Central, Arts and Sciences and East Ridge (who is probably one of the better teams they've beaten).

Temple, on the other hand, had a pretty good win against a good McCallie team.

I realize that some of the other teams they beat are not in the "Upper Echelons" as some of the teams that Grace played :thumb: but they are some decent teams:

Tellico Plains, Unaka, Rockwood, Harriman and everybody's favorite -- Copper Basin.

The real test will be next week when Grace and Temple are both in the Chattanooga Challenge at Tenn. Temple University (January 5-7).

We will, no doubt, know more about how good both of these teams really are after the next couple of weeks. Should be interesting.

Edited by moc3balla

you said you heard Temple was down from some of your sources in chatt? ... um does that mean you really dont know , but trying to state your own opinion that 1. grace is better and will have their way with Temple 2. Temple is down this year and 3. Mcminn Central (God's gift to bball) and Bradley Central would slaughter us, based on somebody elses opinion? umm maybe you should see them play before you say Temple is lucky to be on top 10 in chatt. area.

Temple is down from last year. Its like Temple people forgot they lost 4 of their top 6 players. They are good but down from last year.

Temple is down from last year. Its like Temple people forgot they lost 4 of their top 6 players. They are good but down from last year.

Everyone said Temple was down or having a rebuilding year Caleb's Jr. year, but they went to the final four. But yes I do see what your saying, this years team isn't as good as last years, but they could poss. go as far or farther than them.

Grace has wins over a few mediocre teams: Westmoreland, Gordonsville, Central, Arts and Sciences and East Ridge (who is probably one of the better teams they've beaten)...

East Ridge is mediocre? :thumb:

No one is saying Temple isn't good, but isn't it a fair statement to say after losing 4 key players, they might expect for the season not to go as well?