District 7AAA

riverdaleman

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Marcus Barnes is the best pitcher in district 7AAA by far, and may be one of the best outfielders with his speed and arm strength. Pj Polk is also an outstanding player for Oakland. He has exceptional speed and can swing a good stick.

What about Killian from Warren Co. I think that he is going to have a great year this year.

What about Killian from Warren Co. I think that he is going to have a great year this year.

Yea, Killian is good and should have another great year.

Everybody tell who you think is the best one or two at each position.

C?

1B?

2B?

SS?

3B?

OF?

OF?

OF?

P?

P?

P?

Riverdale: swing it well, pitching depth may be an issue.

Oakland: swing it well, pitching depth an issue

Siegel: defense solid, pitching depth an issue, scoring runs a premium

Blackman: play very hard, don't know much else

Lebanon: have not seen them play in two years

White County: have not seem them either

Cookeville: don't much either

Warren Co.: don't know much

That is about as in depth as anyone else's posts. There is no order to my list except I started in Rutherford Co. Please don't take this as an "attack." Bottom line is that whoever has the deepest staff has the best chance of advancing. WOW, I am an official "7-AAA poster."

siegel is pretty deep on the mound this year... where did you get this information?

while yes, marcus is a very solid ball player with a bright future, i don't think he's BY FAR the best pitcher in the district. first off, he hasn't had a lot of varsity experience due to his ineligibility. secondly, pitchers like killian from warren county, roberts from siegel, and choate from riverdale could all be contenders for the "most dominating" pitcher in this district. don't get me wrong, i think marcus is good. i've watched him play since he was little (friends with his dad). but to say he's the best BY FAR is going out on a long limb. hitters in this district have hit pitchers farther along than barnes, and to be honest i don't really think any pitcher in this district will ultimately "dominate". when i hear domination, i think consistent 2,3,4 hit games. not many pitchers in this district will get many numbers like that. and underdawgs... easy killer... you said oakland will win region. first they have to get out of one of the toughest districts in the state.

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

man some crazy outlooks for the season thus far..

right now if I had to rank the best pitchers in our district, this would be a few..

1. Kenneth Roberts, Siegel

2. Colby Killian, Warren Co.

3. Chason Choate, Riverdale

4. Marcus Barnes, Oakland

while yes, marcus is a very solid ball player with a bright future, i don't think he's BY FAR the best pitcher in the district. first off, he hasn't had a lot of varsity experience due to his ineligibility. secondly, pitchers like killian from warren county, roberts from siegel, and choate from riverdale could all be contenders for the "most dominating" pitcher in this district. don't get me wrong, i think marcus is good. i've watched him play since he was little (friends with his dad). but to say he's the best BY FAR is going out on a long limb. hitters in this district have hit pitchers farther along than barnes, and to be honest i don't really think any pitcher in this district will ultimately "dominate". when i hear domination, i think consistent 2,3,4 hit games. not many pitchers in this district will get many numbers like that. and underdawgs... easy killer... you said oakland will win region. first they have to get out of one of the toughest districts in the state.

Oakland will get out of the district and go farther than the region. Oakland has very few holes in their line up. Marcus Barnes and Pj Polk both have great speed and can swing the bat. When they get on base they have some people who can drive them in like Drew Fann, Tyler Burnett, and Tennyson Dodd. Oakland's defense should be pretty good too.

IMO, the District championship will run through Mrufreesboro again. Cookeville lost way to much from last years team. I believe Warren County and siegel will have the best 2 pitching staffs in the district, I am not sold on their ability to score the needed runs though. Riverdale is struggling to name a number 2 pitcher and really only have Skinner and Hunter with any pop. The rest are solid high school hitters, but nothing to lose sleep over. Oakland, well I have read about Barnes and Burnett, have seen the pitch, but really they are untested in big district games. They have the ABILITY to dominate, but will they? Oakland should have the sticks again, with THE best outfield in the state. They are young though with only like 3 seniors. Blackman is my sleeper. Gritty and always in the game. Well coached. they seem to just hang around. Solid defense, timely hitting and consistent pitching and they may be around awhile. Very solid team. White County and Lebanon could suprise some people, but I do not see them taking the district.

Yea, Killian is good and should have another great year.

Everybody tell who you think is the best one or two at each position.

C?

1B?

2B?

SS?

3B?

OF?

OF?

OF?

P?

P?

P?

C- Bratcher, Warren Co./ Dodrill, Siegel

1B- Fann, OHS

2B- Jones, Siegel

SS- Burnett, OHS

3B- Tobitt. Siegel

OF- Skinner, RHS

OF- Hunter, RHS

OF- Polk, OHS

P- Killian, Warren Co.

P- Roberts, Siegel

P- Choate, RHS

Guest didyouseethatmessDANG

1B- Fann, OHS

2B- Jones, Siegel

SS- Burnett, OHS

3B- Tobitt. Siegel

OF- Skinner, RHS

OF- Hunter, RHS

OF- Polk, OHS

P- Killian, Warren Co.

P- Roberts, Siegel

P- Choate, RHS

I couldn't have said it much better than that .. that lineup would definitely be at state year in, year out.

1B- Fann, OHS

2B- Jones, Siegel

SS- Burnett, OHS

3B- Tobitt. Siegel

OF- Skinner, RHS

OF- Hunter, RHS

OF- Polk, OHS

P- Killian, Warren Co.

P- Roberts, Siegel

P- Choate, RHS

yes, i love this line up too. the coach would have a hard time making out the lineup though! :thumb: