Mt Juliet score?

doedoe1961

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's an excerpt from an article in today's LancasterEagle-Gazette (Lancaster, OH):

Pickerington Central got 20 points from senior Stephanie Stevens, and junior Veronica Wilson chipped in 18 points with 11 rebounds as the Lady Tigers knocked off Mount Juliet 64-47.

Also picking up first-round wins were Pickerington North, Morgantown and Lexington Catholic, which entered the tournament ranked No. 6 in the country by USA Today.

Central jumped on Mount Juliet early and took a 12-point lead into halftime thanks to big first halves by Stevens and Wilson.

"We did a good job early on as far as taking care of their shooters," Central coach Ken Schneider said. "We limited second opportunities early, so we started out pretty well in the first quarter."

From the tournament website:

December 28, 2005 - Game One

Morgantown, WV 53 Beavercreek 49

December 28, 2005 - Game Two

Pickerington Central 64 Mount Juliet 47

Pickerington Central scoring: S. Stevens 20 points. Wilson 18 points. Ultican 12 points. Williams 2 points. K. Stevens 2 points. Harmon 10 points. Ultican, S. Stevens and Wilson each had one three-pointer. Mount Juliet scoring: Burroughs 19 points. Nixon 4 points. Hall 7 points. Gibson 5 points. Tique 2 points. McFarlin 10 points. Burroughs, Hall and Gibson each had one three-pointer.

From the tournament website:

December 28, 2005 - Game One

Morgantown, WV 53 Beavercreek 49

December 28, 2005 - Game Two

Pickerington Central 64 Mount Juliet 47

Pickerington Central scoring: S. Stevens 20 points. Wilson 18 points. Ultican 12 points. Williams 2 points. K. Stevens 2 points. Harmon 10 points. Ultican, S. Stevens and Wilson each had one three-pointer. Mount Juliet scoring: Burroughs 19 points. Nixon 4 points. Hall 7 points. Gibson 5 points. Tique 2 points. McFarlin 10 points. Burroughs, Hall and Gibson each had one three-pointer.

What is the web-site? Thanks!

Edited by Lions Den

So did K.C. not play or was her time limited because I notice she's not in the box score?

:huh: Shots are just not falling for her. Not sure why. Notice that she is not standing in her usual MBA range to shoot her 3's. She is standing closer to the 3 point line and under more pressure there from defenders. She has got to become a more well-rounded ball handler. Good teams can and will shut down the 3.

I remember Vanatta taking people to the hole in last year's state tournament -- where she was named all-tournament. In fact, I think the coaches called clear outs for her on several occassions at the end of periods. There was a game early this season where I read she had 30-something. Has she taken a step backwards?

I remember Vanatta taking people to the hole in last year's state tournament -- where she was named all-tournament. In fact, I think the coaches called clear outs for her on several occassions at the end of periods. There was a game early this season where I read she had 30-something. Has she taken a step backwards?

Let me begin by saying that KC is a great 3 point shooter when she is on.

Her defense is lacking because she is not very quick. She would be great at going to the hole but her dribble is way too high. Good teams are going to steal the ball every time like Smyrna did.

She's just not a well rounded player.