Mat Girls, Mat Maids etc

MasterBlaster 1

We have 20 - 30 wrestlerettes and 5 trainers at Collins Hill and we couldn't do without them.

The wrestlerettes score, keep the book, run clocks, clean the mats, update brackets and keep Coach Ramos straight. I've heard several refs tell coaches to check the score the Collins Hill wrestlerettes have, because it will be right.

The trainers, for the most part, are all certified in CPR and the use of difibulators. The trainers can handle cuts, bloody noses, bruises, sprains, breaks and even supervise rehab. The great thing about our trainers is they don't care what color your singlet is they're ready to help.

I'm proud of our girls and proud of the fact that they are so efficient they've been asked to run the 5A state tournament in Georgia for the past several years.

Graet Post!! This only emphasizes how much of a team concept you guys have at Collins Hill. Good Luck with the rest of your season!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Graet Post!! This only emphasizes how much of a team concept you guys have at Collins Hill. Good Luck with the rest of your season!

BAYLORs Managers are a great help to the coaches during Matches, and to the wrestlers during practice. The coaches can stay in the room during practice while the girls handle erands ect.. SODDYDAISY has a tradition of having very helpful and active managers. During the State tourney each year managers from both of these schools put in many volunteer hours. and both schools always seem to find BEAUTIFUL girls.

BAYLORs Managers are a great help to the coaches during Matches, and to the wrestlers during practice. The coaches can stay in the room during practice while the girls handle erands ect.. SODDYDAISY has a tradition of having very helpful and active managers. During the State tourney each year managers from both of these schools put in many volunteer hours. and both schools always seem to find BEAUTIFUL girls.

Glad to see you're still alive Dr.

ND has several young girls that also do a fantastic job. These girls led by coach Vicki Merideth will give up at least 8 weekends to travel with the team and keep stats and give support. I know the boys appreciate all the hard work they do. Thanks Girls.

Bear Cat aka Tee's dad

PS Walkenvol you might want to keep an eye on you know who (Raider76)

An important meeting will take place next thurs the 6th, with intent on expanding our IWHACBP club. Details to follow

I honestly find wrestling cheerleaders to be very annoying. Sure they mean well, but they are, as mentioned before, beating on the mat and cheering while a wrestler is trying to hear his coach. I mean they get enough distraction from the yelling of the fans, I don't think cheerleaders banging on the mats does much good. Wrestling managers on the other hand are very helpful. There is plenty for them to do and take of and they actually know what they are doing and talking about. At least most of them do... I'm not naming any names.

I honestly find wrestling cheerleaders to be very annoying. Sure they mean well, but they are, as mentioned before, beating on the mat and cheering while a wrestler is trying to hear his coach. I mean they get enough distraction from the yelling of the fans, I don't think cheerleaders banging on the mats does much good. Wrestling managers on the other hand are very helpful. There is plenty for them to do and take of and they actually know what they are doing and talking about. At least most of them do... I'm not naming any names.

Well Said Wrestle90, I haven't thought of it from that perspective yet.

I have to say something about our Little Sisters. We could not make it without

them period! They ran the Kenwood takedown Jam, the Antioch Jamboree, our Invitational, The McGavock Invitational and our duals. They are irreplaceable! Without them I would not have had the success that I had at Kenwood the last 8 years and I definitely would not have been able to move both tournaments to Sycamore. They are the backbone of our organization. And the young lady in charge of them at Sycamore is irrreplaceable also. She is Jesi Siefert and she and our girls make it happen. Thanks to all the Little Sisters and Matmaids across the state who donate oodles of time for our sport. It could not be done without you! If you don't believe me just look around at the table workers at the state tournament in February.

I knew my opinion would put a little "fuel on the fire". That's alright. But, I never put "managers/sisters/helpers/matmaids" in the same catagory. As most have mentioned, they are irreplacable. The cheerleaders on the other hand, need to be in the stands with the rest of the people cheering, or at least backed away from the mats.

To put another spin on this, TSSAA has made it a point to seperate "cheerleaders" and "managers/sisters/helpers/matmaids". At the state meet last year "cheerleaders" were allowed to get in free, while all others had to pay. What kind of message does that send? I may be wrong, but, I don't believe that's the case in any other sport. Take the state football championships as an example. Coaches send their roster in with everyone involved with the football team, including cheerleaders, for passes. For wrestling, the only individuals not paying are the coaches, wrestlers in the tournament, volunteers, and TSSAA employees. What about the rest of the team members? Why would cheerleaders be more important than the other guys on the team that helped to get these wrestlers ready for state?

Harry T., please help this old dumb southern country boy to understand what "Zzzzzzzzz" means? Did I bore you with my original post?

I knew my opinion would put a little "fuel on the fire". That's alright. But, I never put "managers/sisters/helpers/matmaids" in the same catagory. As most have mentioned, they are irreplacable. The cheerleaders on the other hand, need to be in the stands with the rest of the people cheering, or at least backed away from the mats.

To put another spin on this, TSSAA has made it a point to seperate "cheerleaders" and "managers/sisters/helpers/matmaids". At the state meet last year "cheerleaders" were allowed to get in free, while all others had to pay. What kind of message does that send? I may be wrong, but, I don't believe that's the case in any other sport. Take the state football championships as an example. Coaches send their roster in with everyone involved with the football team, including cheerleaders, for passes. For wrestling, the only individuals not paying are the coaches, wrestlers in the tournament, volunteers, and TSSAA employees. What about the rest of the team members? Why would cheerleaders be more important than the other guys on the team that helped to get these wrestlers ready for state?

Harry T., please help this old dumb southern country boy to understand what "Zzzzzzzzz" means? Did I bore you with my original post?

I am on your page with this one.

My daughter was the head mat maid for her Junior High team in the state we moved from. They were a great asset to the team. They did not clean the mats but they did score matches, run tables, and video tape the matches for the coach. I think having the girls show an intrest in learning about the sport helps to promote it. Wrestling often does not produce a large following and those students who show interest should be encouraged to help the team out.

The girls traveled with the team and were often looked to by refs for confirmation of proper scoring. My daughter and some of her fellow mat maids were so good at it that they assisted in scoring college matches (at 12 years of age) for the University near our home. This University was ranked in the top 10 in the country. As of right now, the high school that my son will go to does not allow mat maids but I am hoping that that changes when they see the possitive influence that they can have.