PICKETT @ CLAY

coach7

It was an amazing clutch shot from half court.......BUT

The "still shot" on the video doesn't lie, she was without a doubt out of bounds on the inbound pass. Problem was the ref had done headed up the floor 20ft from the baseline where he should have been stationed. All the other real referees that were in the stands agreed that it was a very bad blown call. The shot never should have even occured.......BUT

The Lady Dawgs should not have been in that situation.

They played a good enough game to win.....BUT

A group of girls that used to be so automatic from the FT line has become quite shaky when it counts.

For a Freshman to make a "net-stripping" shot from half court at the buzzer for the win is remarkable.

One Game....One result......They will meet again and next time Megan will be back!

make sure you mention the phantom foul call against pickett that should have not been called! congrats pc nice win on the road

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was there and it was she was very close to the out of bounds line thats for sure. However let me just say one thing. Alot of times people get on CoachT and down the refs and how bad they were and are game in and game out. I for one would take these 3 guys that we had last night on any given night in any gym. I thought for the most part they did an excellent job. There was no great disperity in fouls called on either team, in either game for that matter. Clay Co. missed a boat load of foul shots and then didn't even guard the girl coming down court. Granted the odds of her making that shot are one in a million but guess what? Someone just hit the lottery! Hopefully Meaghan Watson will be back soon, and by the way that #21 for Clay Co. needs to get some more PT she played great in the last two games that i have watched. Anyone know why she doesn't get off the pine more? :D

I was there and it was she was very close to the out of bounds line thats for sure. However let me just say one thing. Alot of times people get on CoachT and down the refs and how bad they were and are game in and game out. I for one would take these 3 guys that we had last night on any given night in any gym. I thought for the most part they did an excellent job. There was no great disperity in fouls called on either team, in either game for that matter. Clay Co. missed a boat load of foul shots and then didn't even guard the girl coming down court. Granted the odds of her making that shot are one in a million but guess what? Someone just hit the lottery! Hopefully Meaghan Watson will be back soon, and by the way that #21 for Clay Co. needs to get some more PT she played great in the last two games that i have watched. Anyone know why she doesn't get off the pine more? :D

i also thought they done a good job, also the bobcats missed a ton of free throws but played very good D

Clay County did miss a lot of free throws but if Clay County would have won then it would have been, Pickett sure missed a lot of free throws. Lindsey Wright walked and stepped out-of-bounds, 100%. Clay County played it right at the end. Lindsey Wright was guarded. Ashley Turner was right by her side: Wright made a heck of a shot. So, whoever wants to say she wasn't guarded is wrong. Clay County would want Pickett to take the exact same shot again and again and again. Both teams played their hearts out, it is just a shame someone had to lose that game. Good luck Clay County Lady Dawgs.

Clay County did miss a lot of free throws but if Clay County would have won then it would have been, Pickett sure missed a lot of free throws. Lindsey Wright walked and stepped out-of-bounds, 100%. Clay County played it right at the end. Lindsey Wright was guarded. Ashley Turner was right by her side: Wright made a heck of a shot. So, whoever wants to say she wasn't guarded is wrong. Clay County would want Pickett to take the exact same shot again and again and again. Both teams played their hearts out, it is just a shame someone had to lose that game. Good luck Clay County Lady Dawgs.

Well then i stand corrected as i just didn't remember anyone around her but i'm sure you're right. It all happened so fast it was hard to tell and i would let a team shoot from there 100 times to half to make it to win the game as well. It was a great game and lets take nothing away from that. I do believe getting Watson back will be a big difference the next time these two teams play. :thumb:

Actually, no she wasn't guarded at all. She caught the ball on the right sideline and dibbled straight down the right sideline to take the shoot. Standing next to someone isn't guarding, it's watching. Honestly, I wouldn't have gaurded her either because as undisciplined as our girls are, they probably would have fouled her. Our girls are playing horrible for the talent they have and something needs to be changed. The interest just doesn't seem to be there for the players that are getting PT, and the coach doesn't seem to notice or care. It's time for the coach to make some changes or for the coach to be changed because the job just isn't getting done. Lossing is contagious and if it doesn't change soon, Clay may not have a good girls team again for a while.

Actually, no she wasn't guarded at all. She caught the ball on the right sideline and dibbled straight down the right sideline to take the shoot. Standing next to someone isn't guarding, it's watching. Honestly, I wouldn't have gaurded her either because as undisciplined as our girls are, they probably would have fouled her. Our girls are playing horrible for the talent they have and something needs to be changed. The interest just doesn't seem to be there for the players that are getting PT, and the coach doesn't seem to notice or care. It's time for the coach to make some changes or for the coach to be changed because the job just isn't getting done. Lossing is contagious and if it doesn't change soon, Clay may not have a good girls team again for a while.

That's what I would do blame the coach. Maybe the girls are not as talented as they have been. WE will know more about it when your 7th and 8th graders make it to hs . B/c they are IMO loaded with some pretty good players.

That's what I would do blame the coach. Maybe the girls are not as talented as they have been. WE will know more about it when your 7th and 8th graders make it to hs . B/c they are IMO loaded with some pretty good players.

These girls are some of the more talented girls we've ever had. They have no confidence in themselves and I think they are just tired of it. I know for a fact some are. I'd say if things don't turn around quick, this coach won't be coaching those 8th graders. With all that Mr. Sims did to get the girls program going, I can't believe the school will stand around while it gets torn down. The Jr. High program will be dead in the water after this year anyway though. Mr. Reecer made a lot of the players that have gone though Celina, and he really didn't get enough praise for what he did here. Everyone will notice soon enough though.

These girls are some of the more talented girls we've ever had. They have no confidence in themselves and I think they are just tired of it. I know for a fact some are. I'd say if things don't turn around quick, this coach won't be coaching those 8th graders. With all that Mr. Sims did to get the girls program going, I can't believe the school will stand around while it gets torn down. The Jr. High program will be dead in the water after this year anyway though. Mr. Reecer made a lot of the players that have gone though Celina, and he really didn't get enough praise for what he did here. Everyone will notice soon enough though.

what do you mean do you think there is no more talent coming up for the jr, high if so you are very wrong you need to watch the 6th grade team play i watched them playone game and i was amazed they are unreal they could have beat that team by 60 points if wanted to but from what i know darryl reecer has worked with these girls since they were babies.