Titans To Draft Third

The Titans might get Matt Lienart after all! I heard NFL reporters on ESPN tonight saying that Lienart might pull a "Eli" and refuse to sign with the Saints if they draft him like Eli Manning did when he was drafted by the Chargers! :rolleyes:

This could be a plus as he could sit behind McNair a year like Carson Palmer did in Cincy. Plus for the most part he already knows the the offense!

Although if Bush were available I don't see how you could pass on him. You could then trade Chris Brown or Travis Henry or both!

Edited by Sequatchie

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I`ll go out on a limb and say the first two picks are traded. I don`t think Houston really needs a RB. Davis had right at 1000 yards and only played in 11 games. He`s not a bad RB. If they don`t trade though I think it`s Bush for them.

I`m not sure if the Saints are willing to pay what it will take to sign Leinhart. I see them trading down. They aren`t the Saints for no reason. They`ll pas on the number 2 pick IMO.

Smart man, a very smart man.

Call me in 10 years....Jay Cutler will be a better NFL quarterback than either Matt Lienart or Vince Young. He has all the intangibles, a rocket for an arm, (would love to know what the jugs gun would have picked up on the last pass to Bennett in the UT game), is tough as they come, is a pocket passer with the ability to run effectively and has the right gunslinger attitude you need to be successful. The Titans should trade down and try and manufacture the pick for Cutler. Of course, the Dolphins probably wouldn't let him get away.

I'm not sold on Cutler, definitely not at number 3.

Question I have about Young - can he operate under center? That is a bigger transition than you think.

Benson and the 'Aints; who knows what he'll do? I mean, does he ever think he has to answer to anyone? And with revenue streams being very iffy in New Orleans, he might have to part with one of his car dealerships to make payroll.

Titans don't need a number of draft picks, which would translate into another dozen first year players. They need veteran help at some key positions. I think unless Leinart or Young falls to them, they should wait on QB or sign a vet. AJ Hawk, or any linebacker who can run, would be a huge improvement over what they have now.

in the AFC South, with the multiples of three wide-out sets, you don't need a classic middle linebacker. You need someone with speed to stay with the backs, tight ends, or slots coming across the middle or down the seam.

My point exactly, and they dont have that with Kassel! They need to find a Brooking, Urlacher, Thomas, Edwards, Lewis, Wilson, etc. type of MLB! The Titans are very weak at the LB position and they could use the draft to strengthen that position!!!

Dont get mr wrong if they have the chance to grab Leinart or Young then go for it, but if not, trade down and draft some LB and OL!!!