Lake County vs. Humboldt

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was going to reply to this, but Bigster said it all. But I will reply to one thing that you said. I am not putting out any falsehood whatsoever. I'm just stating the facts from what I read in someone else's post earlier in the year that seemed very factual to me. Here is what he said and what his facts said just to refresh your memory a little bit in case you missed his post. Browniemagee was the poster who posted it.

Town Population/School Enrollment

Greenfield 2133 (161)

Bradford 1113 (176)

Gleason 1452 (207)

Lake County 2439 (224)

South Fulton 2800 (288)

Halls 2291 (361)

Dresden 2755 (384)

Trenton 4700 (428)

Union City 10,800 (442)

Humboldt 9339 (534)

Now that right there is what I call facts, not falsehood or something being said in coffee shops or ballgames like you said. The guy got them from TSSAA and some kind of population website. Why would he lie about it or make it up? I believe he was just stating the facts. Now you and everyone else can read it and tell me who doesn't belong in that picture. That is just common sense for anyone and you can say we are whining or whatever you like, but we are just stating the facts!!

You said you heard at the ballgame the other night that Union City had over 500 students...That's not right...

I guess you guys might have rather played in Middle College's district...I never heard anyone complaining about Trenton or Dresden..Where is the cut-off point that would be acceptable??..Under 300???

You might need to get used to the fact Union City is in 1A..They will be there awhile..Maybe not in football,but in basketball,yes...

When you get to the state level you will have to play bigger schools,that's just part of it...Why don't you take up your argument with the T.$.$.A.A??..They made the rules..You guys just beat the "biggest" school in the district,so what's the problem??...Maybe Union City,this year,is just better than anyone else...They would win the district they left in AA this year also....

Peabody brings more trouble to Union City than Lake Co. Lake Co. lost to Union City by 33 points I think and Peabody lost to Union City by 12. The only reason Lake Co. won against Humboldt was the fact that Humboldt key players were out. If that wasn't the reason Lake Co. would have lost. The only reason Lake Co. beat Peabody was the fact that the refs cheated anybody at that game can tell you that. The top 3 teams in this district should Union CIty, Humboldt, and Trenton. From these teams two will prolly go to the state tournament. Also I think Trenton and Humboldt will beat Union City.

Peabody brings more trouble to Union City than Lake Co. Lake Co. lost to Union City by 33 points I think and Peabody lost to Union City by 12. The only reason Lake Co. won against Humboldt was the fact that Humboldt key players were out. If that wasn't the reason Lake Co. would have lost. The only reason Lake Co. beat Peabody was the fact that the refs cheated anybody at that game can tell you that. The top 3 teams in this district should Union CIty, Humboldt, and Trenton. From these teams two will prolly go to the state tournament. Also I think Trenton and Humboldt will beat Union City.

Trenton did give Union City a better game than Lake County did that's a fact..But when Union City put the hammer down they handled Trenton pretty well also...Depth,Union City has it Trenton don't..That is part of what disturbs me a little with UC,they seem to want to turn the switch on whenever they want to...That will bite them in the butt if not careful....Trenton and Humboldt won't beat Union City....

I was there, yes the refs did cheat at that game. I know and everybody else knows it. The only reason the refs cheated was because they knew trenton was going to come in and tear the falcons apart and also that nobody wants Trenton to appear at the state tournaments again. But remember this cheaters never win. Trenton or Humboldt will beat Union City and thats a fact. db21 look who went all the way at state tournament. So Trenton is way better than LC

Humboldt's lack of defense, lack of hustle, Tech for hanging on the rim, 4 for 15 free throws, and foul trouble didn't help them any last night. However, Lake Co played well and deserved the win. Humboldt had 3 games last week, and we also have 3 again this week playing Trenton, Gibson Co, and Union City...... poor scheduling to have your two biggest District games on the last night of weeks with 3 games.

Trenton will more than likely be the #4 seed and be in Union City's bracket unless Humboldt beats Union City and then everything will be up for grabs..Trenton won't beat any of these three teams in the tournament...

t-money- You said the only reason LC beat Humboldt was because Humboldt's "key players" were out. Who didn't play for Humboldt last night? Rose? Smith? Sain? Johnson? If Peabody would've played Middleton in sub-state last year, they would have been sitting at home while LC enjoyed the silver ball, but that's just the way the cookie crumbles.

mrbigster- I wouldn't leave Halls out of the top 4 in 14A just yet!

t money has to be a student because the comment about the refs cheating is ridiculous. Make all the excuses you want but the fact is LC beat Trenton. Plus this was during a string when the falcons were not playing well. Last night was one of the better games they have played as far as hustle, execution and team play goes. If they continue to improve other teams had better look out.

Edited by db21