5. Leaper

6. Speedster

7. Passer

8. Rebounder

9. Team Leader

10. 2005-2006 MVP

1.Wright

2.Walden

3.Wright (although he and Godwin probably lead the world in "carries" or "palming"

4.Rich

5.Capps

6.Wright (Ferrell is not in his league)

7.I haven't seen them play, but this has to go to someone left over from the meador days at RBS- I mean that's all they did was pass. :lol:

8.Rich and it's not close

9.Walden (like Dawg05 said: see the FCS game)

10.I am going with Rich, but Godwin will get the votes from the coaches

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(TopDawg83 @ Jan 6 2006 - 01:38 AM) *

Why not break it up a bit.

List the best by attributes. It will make it more interesting.

1. Point Guard

2. Shooting Guard

3. Ball Handler

4. Big Man

5. Leaper

6. Speedster

7. Passer

8. Rebounder

9. Team Leader

10. 2005-2006 MVP

Note that I may have a few ties in my rankings since it is so early and I have not had the chance to see most of these players over a couple of times this season.

1. Godwin/Laws- Both these players understand how to score but more importantly how to distribute the basketball.

2. Walden/Allen- These players are very similar and while Allen may be the better outside shooter, Wladen has a more well-rounded game offensively.

3. Wright- Has perhaps as much upside as anyone in the distrcit and will be a great player if he learns to control his emotions on the court.

4. Rich- Is better right now than Capps because of his touch and agressive but smart play on the defensive end.

5. Capps- This is the easiest to call. Capps is the best leaper in 7A since Randy Rice.

6. Ferrell- Is a blur on the court but he gets lost at times on the offensive end. When he is scoring Clay County is virtually unbeatable.

7. Godwin/Laws- see #1.

8. Snow- Has really improved his game since this time last year as he has shown the ablity to take over games.

9. Walden/Buckner- Walden is the unquestioned leader of the favorites, but I really like the way Buckner handles himself on the court. He doesn't get much credit because he plays for Monterey but he is the type of player every coach would love to have.

10. Is way too early to determine this one. Clay County has three players (Godwin,Walden,Rich) who could win the award while Jackson County's Blake Allen could also get some consideration if the Blue Devils can split with Clay and win the rest of their district games.

All of your insights are interesting to read and I can tell the ones that are responding seems to actually be able to back-up what they are saying with examples and proof instead of just putting down your teams starting five.

I know most of us have not got to see every team at this point and have to go with what we have seen. But I do appreciate your honest opinion and not turn this into a "player or team bashing" thread.

I'm interested in see just how much better HS is this year. Tonight should give them a big measuring stick to go by. :thumb:

Rich may be better than Capps right now,but I will tell you one thing..Capps will definately be a MUCH better player by the time he's a senior than Rich ever was!! Capps works very hard to improve all the time,as well as all the other players that PC has.If Bibb stays with them til they are seniors and they continue to work as hard as they have been,they will more than likely be unstoppable!!

just an opinion though..thats what all these post are on here and people get so worked up over them...

Rich may be better than Capps right now,but I will tell you one thing..Capps will definately be a MUCH better player by the time he's a senior than Rich ever was!! Capps works very hard to improve all the time,as well as all the other players that PC has.If Bibb stays with them til they are seniors and they continue to work as hard as they have been,they will more than likely be unstoppable!!

just an opinion though..thats what all these post are on here and people get so worked up over them...

I agree with you here...They wanted the best players this year and this year Rich is better than Capps...But by the time Capps in a senior he should be untouchable and PC should have a very good team...

Yea, and Rich has just lounged around for 4 years. Give me a break. As far as your boys being unstoppable, please! As much as you might like to see Clay go away, when your boys are seniors, we will have 5 really good juniors and a sophomore who will probably be the best player in the district. That's getting a little to far ahead though. Let's worry about this year first.

well in my opininion saylor is way overrated ,against pickett this last time all they played was a 2-3 zone and I don't think he could have guarded there best scorer(wright)if they had plaayed man

Well, in reality Saylor is way underrated. He is the best player and the leader of this team and does whatever he has to do to get his team a win. Wright is no where near the player Bailey was and Saylor shut him down. He would do the same to Wright no doubt.