Bolivar vs. Haywood

bchs

What was also rediculous were the things that I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread about Haywood over-selling the game and their lack of crowd control. Also, I have seen a member of the coaching staff at Haywood reffing high school games involving teams that Haywood plays this year. Now, that individual is a good guy and is above board in my opinion. However, some people might think it looks awfully strange.

]THIS WAS NOT PART OF MY POST AND I DONT KNOW HOW IT IS PASTED IN MY POST!!!

No, it was not part of your post. Those were comments I made in reference to your earlier post. Instead of copying your post and then answering it at the bottom, I copied your post and inserted my reply to you point by point right under what you had written in a blue highlight. That is one of the neat features of this message board.

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't start with over selling seats. Bolivar always over sells seats and then they charge more than anyone in the state. Let's talk about the game rather than fire code violations.

If you are committing on the BOLIVAR AND MIDDLETON game as I recall both schools charged $6.00. And as small as the gym is in Middleton you and I both know that was not even called for.

What was also rediculous were the things that I mentioned in my earlier post in this thread about Haywood over-selling the game and their lack of crowd control. Also, I have seen a member of the coaching staff at Haywood reffing high school games involving teams that Haywood plays this year. Now, that individual is a good guy and is above board in my opinion. However, some people might think it looks awfully strange.

]THIS WAS NOT PART OF MY POST AND I DONT KNOW HOW IT IS PASTED IN MY POST!!!

On this comment this is not the first time that something like this has happened to them. If we recall Raleigh Egypt ASST. called one last year and was giving us every whistle against us that he had wind to blow. This was brought to my attention last night by my girlfriend and I told her she was wrong. But look someone else saw the same thing she saw

Edited by Bizzieb_34

Why does no one have anything to say when Bolivar loses. They played Lexington and beat them and the thread went on and on for seven pages. They lose and there are only seven total posts. Bolivar has lost to two 14 AA teams this year in Fayette Ware and Haywood. What does that tell you about our district? Also we have to go through tough Memphis teams such as Mitchell last year. We have gone through Raleigh Egypt in the past and had to play Ridgeway also. These have been some of the top teams in the state year in and year out. Who does Bolivar play to get to the state? Certainly not teams of this caliber. People act like Bolivar is invincible. The got the benefit of some terrible calls and still lost. One of the referees that called everything in Bolivar's favor had the nerve to point Willie Kemp out to some people in the crowd and nod his head like this is the one Im talking about. Then he and Kemp gave each other high fives and laughed together. That type of favoritism is ridiculous. WAY TO GO HAYWOOD!!! We get no respect on this board but we keep on winning anyway.

I as one can respect who your district has to play to get to the boro' which is tough but give BOLIVAR the credit where credit is due. No matter who it has been from the big M that you had to play to get there for the last two years BOLIVAR beat them as well as I hope we will see you there again so we can settle this once and for all. Oh by the way don't forget about MLK trying to get to BOLIVAR

GOOD LUCK ON THE REST OF YOUR YEAR

Edited by Bizzieb_34

If you are committing on the BOLIVAR AND MIDDLETON game as I recall both schools charged $6.00. And as small as the gym is in Middleton you and I both know that was not even called for.

The only reason we charged $6.00 is because Bolivar did. We always charge $5.00 just like every other school in TN. What does the size of the gym matter with price. That is a stupid comment. Bolivar is just cocky and now they are getting it handed to them.

The only reason we charged $6.00 is because Bolivar did. We always charge $5.00 just like every other school in TN. What does the size of the gym matter with price. That is a stupid comment. Bolivar is just cocky and now they are getting it handed to them.

Yeah it is funny how they have a hard time with the fact they can be beat. Kemp and Chism seem to really have thought it was no way they were going to lose to Haywood Saturday night. I like Kemp as a player but he was jumping around in the center circle before tip off and laughing and talking to people in the crowd. I guess winning two championships makes you think you are unbeatable. Coach Rudesill was steaming when he left the gym the other night . I dont know why though its not like they lost to a team that had only won 2 or 3 games. People need to face the reality that these are not the Bulls of the 90s. These are high school kids and can be beat and will get beat. They only have 6 players that play. How long do you expect to beat people with 6 players? THEY BETTER WATCH OUT FOR HAMILTON ON JAN 16th.

Yeah it is funny how they have a hard time with the fact they can be beat. Kemp and Chism seem to really have thought it was no way they were going to lose to Haywood Saturday night. I like Kemp as a player but he was jumping around in the center circle before tip off and laughing and talking to people in the crowd. I guess winning two championships makes you think you are unbeatable. Coach Rudesill was steaming when he left the gym the other night . I dont know why though its not like they lost to a team that had only won 2 or 3 games. People need to face the reality that these are not the Bulls of the 90s. These are high school kids and can be beat and will get beat. They only have 6 players that play. How long do you expect to beat people with 6 players? THEY BETTER WATCH OUT FOR HAMILTON ON JAN 16th.

Congratulations to Coach Vanardo and the Haywood Tomcats. They earned a hard fought and well deserved victory.

Now Tomcat, Dude, Lighten up. It's just high school basketball. I was there supporting Bolivar and honestly, I was laughing at the people who acted like they had just won the LOTTERY. Is beating Bolivar really that satisfying for y'all? Sure, we like winning too, but hey, you win some and you lose some. As far as Kemp being excited before the game, I mean, he is what, 7-1 against Haywood? Name another team in the state that can say they have consistently won in that gym other than Bolivar. So we lost. Big deal. A broken clock is right twice a day and anybody can win on a given night. It happens. We will regroup and get ready for the next game. Enjoy your win and good luck the rest of the way. I am sure we will see you on the other side.

This is another post that I will not go back and forth with but I want you to remember Dec.11 2004 first game vs. Middleton those tickets was $6.00 also. As well as when you came to Bolivar $6.00. This is nothing to go on about so let it burn. We split this year and I"m also a Middleton fan as well as have family on the team. B&M should not even be back and forth on this. I back Middleton just as well as I back Bolivar as long as they are not playing each other

Edited by Bizzieb_34

Why does no one have anything to say when Bolivar loses. They played Lexington and beat them and the thread went on and on for seven pages. They lose and there are only seven total posts. Bolivar has lost to two 14 AA teams this year in Fayette Ware and Haywood. What does that tell you about our district? Also we have to go through tough Memphis teams such as Mitchell last year. We have gone through Raleigh Egypt in the past and had to play Ridgeway also. These have been some of the top teams in the state year in and year out. Who does Bolivar play to get to the state? Certainly not teams of this caliber. People act like Bolivar is invincible. The got the benefit of some terrible calls and still lost. One of the referees that called everything in Bolivar's favor had the nerve to point Willie Kemp out to some people in the crowd and nod his head like this is the one Im talking about. Then he and Kemp gave each other high fives and laughed together. That type of favoritism is ridiculous. WAY TO GO HAYWOOD!!! We get no respect on this board but we keep on winning anyway.

You mentioned WIllie "high fiving and laughing" with a referee. Willie has been playing FOUR YEARS!!! Maybe he knows the guy. How can you prove favoritism?

Just because they laughed? That proves favoritism?

Haywood's coach is a friend of mine. Bolivar lost, so congrats to Haywood! Of course we'd rather win, but we didn't so there is no Coach I'd rather us lose to than Winston (IF we have to lose!).

We did lose, and a loss is a loss, but it was by ONE point after all.

But again kudos to the Haywood team and their coach!

I don't know what you mean about getting no respect on this board. Unless you're playing Bolivar, I wish you all the luck in the world! ;)

And by the way...I agree with the previous post, most of those Lexington posts were Lexington fans. But that's cool. They are true fans...but they sure do rag us out!!! Those Lexington fans NEVER stop. Judging from past experience, the Bolivar/Lexington posts are ALWAYS goning to be that way!!! Lexington fans...no disrespect meant at all.

Edited by firefulmer