How is Mitchell & Ral-Egypt not top 10 teams?

Galilee

Maybe I am stupid so can someone explain to me. Both teams won major Tournaments R-E Sportsplex and Mitchell Rumble on the Ridge and Mitchell finished 2nd (BeachBL) losing to famed DeMatha. If our teams were not focused at first, they will be now.

Edited by Galilee

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Most people form their opinions based on what they read on coacht, the newspaper, or what they have seen...

#1. the commercial appeal is the worst paper in the state when it comes to stories on west tennessee preps......the jackson sun is good, but they don't cover shelby county...

#2. hardly anyone from memphis sends their schedules and scores to coacht, so most everybody in the state is in the dark about what is going on.....

coacht is the best "clearing house" of general information on high school sports in tennessee.........it would be even better if everyone would send their schedules and game scores in.......

shelbyville is the number #1 AAA in the state on this weeks AP poll.....

but if shelbville played in district 15AAA or 16AAA, they probably would not have even made the top ten....

it really does not matter.....what happens in the BORO is what counts..

Edited by mg

Most people form their opinions based on what they read on coacht, the newspaper, or what they have seen...

#1. the commercial appeal is the worst paper in the state when it comes to stories on west tennessee preps......the jackson sun is good, but they don't cover shelby county...

#2. hardly anyone from memphis sends their schedules and scores to coacht, so most everybody in the state is in the dark about what is going on.....

coacht is the best "clearing house" of general information on high school sports in tennessee.........it would be even better if everyone would send their schedules and game scores in.......

shelbyville is the number #1 AAA in the state on this weeks AP poll.....

but if shelbville played in district 15AAA or 16AAA, they probably would not have even made the top ten....

first off both of those two teams should be in the top ten no doubt if not top five. second its the coaches or somebody closely associated those schools job to send in schedules and report scores on here if they choose. I hardly think that this site is what most voters go by to base their voting on because a lot of what is said is biased. Finally Shelbyville is ranked #1 for now, it maybe high, but they play the schedule in front of them and not exactly a cup cake one, so dont assume they couldnt have the same type of success in those leagues.

Edited by jrm2x

The AP Poll is ludicrous as usual!!!

Raleigh Egypt is ranked #5 in the SOUTHEASTERN U.S. poll and gets no mention in the state polls?

MG: Ral-Egypt's schedule is on CoachT for all to see. And, by the way, I'll put it up against anyone's in the state. To be 15-1 (a last second tip-in away from undefeated), with the difficulty of this schedule, deserves to be recognized. There are 14 players that have worked mighty hard to accomplish this that don't deserve to be ignored!

Only 8 media outlets across the state voted in this first poll and only one of these is from West Tenn. I am told this oversight will be corrected in future polls...we'll see.

Gallilee, looks like we'll just have to keep on winning to get the respect we deserve. Good luck to the "Tigers" the rest of the way.

Edited by Jumpshot

The state high schoold basketball polls are and always have been a joke. There is simply no way that the people who vote have seen all the teams. This is high school, not college. I also suspect local bias is a much greater factor than in college polls. I can't believe anybody who knows anything would place the least amount of value on this poll.

I am from middle Tennessee and have seen Raleigh Egypt play several times this year along with Mitchell, Bolivar and Haywood County. I laughed when I read the AP poll. It is obvious the voters do not know what they are doing and have not been exposed to the quality and talented West Tennessee and Memphis teams. I guess it is pretty hard to come up with a top ten when you don't see some of these teams play. In the end the teams from Memphis and West Tennessee will bring back the gold balls just like history has proven year in and year out! Mitchell is not in the top ten in AA! Are you serious!

Thanks JumpShot,

I hope we both are in the Boro together. Our boys are so fired up now. Brandon Powell told them in the team meeting today" that only way to get respect is to earn it". Thad responed " it starts tonight"

This has nothing to do with the AP polls. (You may already know this) But, when go to the rivals website, it opens with a Thad Young highlight reel. It's pretty cool. Check it out if you haven't already seen it.

Folks,

It was said, in another thread, that some schools are listed in the wrong class on the AP voting website. Raleigh-Egypt and Chattanooga Christian are 2 schools in particular that are listed 1 class lower than they really are. Mitchell may fit under this also, but I don't know. The same thing happened in football and it took a couple of weeks to get it straightened out. Until then, calm down, they will get it fixed. It only matters in March in Murfreesboro anyway.