Lipscomb defeats Livingston Academy by 3

madisonsquaregarden

Hoghead nation, Chill out. Friday is just about here and I'm sure you will have something new to gripe about after you finish playing Smith Co. or York Inst or Macon Co .Whoever is next. FYI Lipscomb girls had that same call (technical) go against them 1 week ago against Ezell Harding. Maybe the refs just believe in calling games according to the rules here in the big city. Your players play hard and play with class. Your fans need to work on it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, now LA fans are classless? You are right, though. The coaches and teams represent us in a very classy way, thanks. But just because the fans get on here and are honest, there's no reason to say they have no class. We've just stated facts about a game that was tough to accept. Facts that no one has seemed to deny are true about this game. DL has always been a respected school and program and will continue to be. However, the ref made a call that WAS a legal call but was also done in poor taste, especially after the fans saw DL's coach yelling about LA's coach. That doesn't look well on any coach. Good luck to Lipscomb the rest of the season. I'm sure they will be successful.

LA will move on and will get better because of this. Remember, Friday's game is a district game and they are all big ones. Coach Melton, be careful about that stupid box, you know, the one that every coach gets out of. :lol:

Wish DL was coming to LA sometime this year.

Ok so I was at the DL-LA game and I watched and laughed as LA fans screamed their heads off at the referee all game. And yes, as a witness at the game, DLs coach did scream that the other coach was out of his box. However, the referees gave him more than "a few seconds" .. try 9 or 10 seconds and the coach did not even move. So, they did the logical thing, and gave him a technical foul. Now, the game would not have even really been close if DL hadn't of made a few bad passes here and there and gave LA the ball - LA didn't take it away, DL gave it to them.

DL goes up by 6 or 7 and LA decides they are going to run some kind of half-court trap on DL. So, DL does what the do best - spread out the defense and make the other team work to guard them. LA was obviously getting worn down at first because DL was getting easy baskets. Then, DL made a few stupid passes, and LA got points off of those.

Also ... to all the LA fans : Quit complaining about calls even if they are bad. Don't think it's going to change the outcome of this game ...

Just kind of shows the difference here too ... cause you got the LA parents in the stands who are ALL OVER the refs during the game, and then I got DL players tell me after the game how nice of a guy Wilson Cates is and the other players as well.

Great game.

Ok so I was at the DL-LA game and I watched and laughed as LA fans screamed their heads off at the referee all game. And yes, as a witness at the game, DLs coach did scream that the other coach was out of his box. However, the referees gave him more than "a few seconds" .. try 9 or 10 seconds and the coach did not even move. So, they did the logical thing, and gave him a technical foul. Now, the game would not have even really been close if DL hadn't of made a few bad passes here and there and gave LA the ball - LA didn't take it away, DL gave it to them.

DL goes up by 6 or 7 and LA decides they are going to run some kind of half-court trap on DL. So, DL does what the do best - spread out the defense and make the other team work to guard them. LA was obviously getting worn down at first because DL was getting easy baskets. Then, DL made a few stupid passes, and LA got points off of those.

Also ... to all the LA fans : Quit complaining about calls even if they are bad. Don't think it's going to change the outcome of this game ...

Just kind of shows the difference here too ... cause you got the LA parents in the stands who are ALL OVER the refs during the game, and then I got DL players tell me after the game how nice of a guy Wilson Cates is and the other players as well.

Great game.

Don't give Livingston any credit on Lipscomb miscues. Your just like all the rest your team is the best and DL gave LA what they got. I guess DL just overlooked LA just a little since the game was so close.

Just like the football game you predicted DL by a few td's since they had only given up a td and fg or 2 in the play-offs. Boy did you get a big surprise. Little did you know that LA had already played the best teams in the state in 3A before they thumped your team.

As for the fans yes some of them do go a little over board and stay on the ref's tail the whole game. And that don't help our team out the least bit. I guess that's why some ref's stick it to us whenever they get a chance. But our fans are good people and they are just defending their kids. We can't help it if some ref's have thin skin and no back bone. Like I said I wasn't at the game but the ones that were said it was a bogus call.

Yes we have some fine young men on our team and I'm sure DL does also. Good luck hopefully we will see you again on down the road and maybe the outcome will be in our favor when it counts.

BTW you must have come from Alabama and recruited by DL. Most people from Tennessee don't support out of state teams especially the Tide. :lol:

Great game.

Bama, did you talk to any of the Livingston parents. Sure they get into the games. Reverse the rolls in this game and maybe Lipscombs parents would have noticed something besides an instant message or a weather forcast. By the way, one of the officials had to simmer down a Lipscomb parent during the girls game.

He did nothing but complain about the refs the whole girls game.

Just kind of shows the difference here too...cause you got the Lipscomb parents in the stands who are ALL OVER the refs during the game, and then I got LA players tell me after the game how nice of a girl Jane Doe is and the other players as well. :P

Anyway, go ahead a be ABOVE everyone, BAMA. Lipscomb won this game and everyone says it was a good one. No one on here bashed Lipscomb parents, but you did LA's. Is that what you call CLASS? LA fans did complain about the refs and one thing DL's coach did, but were very complimentary about Lipscomb's fans, parents, and players.

One more thing. You say you saw DL's coach yell at the refs the LA's was out of the box. And the refs gave him a few seconds to get back in. I think, since they didn't warn him or say anything to him about gettin back in the box, they must have given him about the entire game to get back in the box. But guess what, they gave DL's coach the entire game to get in his box too. Yes, he had also been out of his box.

All you've done is admit what LA fans said happened is true and then made fun of good people from LA. It's funny that your coach had time to watch LA's coach and you had time to watch LA's fans.

Edited by madisonsquaregarden

One more thing. You say you saw DL's coach yell at the refs the LA's was out of the box. And the refs gave him a few seconds to get back in. I think, since they didn't warn him or say anything to him about gettin back in the box, they must have given him about the entire game to get back in the box. But guess what, they gave DL's coach the entire game to get in his box too. Yes, he had also been out of his box.

Let us all take a moment and think outside the box...