Lipscomb defeats Livingston Academy by 3

madisonsquaregarden

First let me give credit to two good teams on a hard fought game at Lipscomb. According to the radio announcer, both teams played pretty well and the game was pretty close throughout. I think LA led by 4 at the half and Lipscomb led by 2 at the end of the third quarter. But in the fourth quarter, Lipscomb began holding the ball with about 6 minutes left and they were ahead by 3 or 4.

The stall game worked pretty well. However, with a 1:38 left on the clock and Lipscomb had a 2 point lead, and it sounded like LA had momentum because DL used 2 timeouts to avoid 5 second calls and had made a couple of turnovers, the ref on the opposite side of the floor from the scorers table blew his whistle and call a TECHNICAL FOUL..................on Livingston Academy's COACH......................................for being OUT OF THE COACH'S BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

The radio announcer said that both LA's and DL's coaches had been out of their respective boxes many, many times during the game. Furthermore, LA's coach was out of his box trying to switch his defense.....talking to his players........no where close to talking to an official. LA's coach, and everyone else, stood for minute wondering what the call was.

Lipscomb scored three points off of the technical, extending their lead to five. Guess what.....they won by THREE points.

Now, Lipscomb may very well have won the game without this hideous call, but this call took from LA any chance of winning this game! I know that officials don't have to warn a coach from being out of the coach's box, but they do all the time. LA's coach never got a warning and from what I can gather was never asked to get back or stay in the box.

LA, look at your film. If the radio announcer is correct that DL's coach was also out of his box at any time during the game........get the official's name and REPORT THIS! NO way should an official be able to decide how a game will end! If this isn't unsportsmanlike conduct, then I don't know what is!!!!!

By the way, LA had SIX charges called on them and the total fouls for the game were LA 26, DL 15.

Shame on this official. What's your problem with LA????????

LA........,pursue this. We have to start holding REFS accountable!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by madisonsquaregarden

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First let me give credit to two good teams on a hard fought game at Lipscomb. According to the radio announcer, both teams played pretty well and the game was pretty close throughout. I think LA led by 4 at the half and Lipscomb led by 2 at the end of the third quarter. But in the fourth quarter, Lipscomb began holding the ball with about 6 minutes left and they were ahead by 3 or 4.

The stall game worked pretty well. However, with a 1:38 left on the clock and Lipscomb had a 2 point lead, and it sounded like LA had momentum because DL used 2 timeouts to avoid 5 second calls and had made a couple of turnovers, the ref on the opposite side of the floor from the scorers table blew his whistle and call a TECHNICAL FOUL..................on Livingston Academy's COACH......................................for being OUT OF THE COACH'S BOX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT?!?!?!???!?!?!?!?!?!??!?!??!?!

The radio announcer said that both LA's and DL's coaches had been out of their respective boxes many, many times during the game. Furthermore, LA's coach was out of his box trying to switch his defense.....talking to his players........no where close to talking to an official. LA's coach, and everyone else, stood for minute wondering what the call was.

Lipscomb scored three points off of the technical, extending their lead to five. Guess what.....they won by THREE points.

Now, Lipscomb may very well have won the game without this hideous call, but this call took from LA any chance of winning this game! I know that officials don't have to warn a coach from being out of the coach's box, but they do all the time. LA's coach never got a warning and from what I can gather was never asked to get back or stay in the box.

LA, look at your film. If the radio announcer is correct that DL's coach was also out of his box at any time during the game........get the official's name and REPORT THIS! NO way should an official be able to decide how a game will end! If this isn't unsportsmanlike conduct, then I don't know what is!!!!!

By the way, LA had SIX charges called on them and the total fouls for the game were LA 26, DL 15.

Shame on this official. What's your problem with LA????????

LA........,pursue this. We have to start holding REFS accountable!!!!!!!!!!

I guess if I were the coach I would want to strangle the REF. That's one of the resons I guess I'm not a coach.

It's not fair to coaches and the kids that play to have the game decided by a suspect call. I agree that the refs should have some type of accountability. But I'm sure there won't be anything done about this incident.

In no way am I bashing the officials b/c I have called several games in my time. And it's not one of the most popular jobs to have. But I will say that I never intentionally called against a team or coach and cost them the game. The kids are what we should take into consideration. When you make a suspect call you are hurting the kids that play. I'm not saying this paticular ref made such a call b/c I was not at the game nor did I listen to the broadcast. I just think that it's a shame that some people that call games have the nerve to cheat and mock the game.

Sounded like a real good game between 2 good teams. I know Lipscomb was ranked 9th in the state and LA is getting better every game they play. I expect to see LA put it all together and roll into the tournament. But this was just a game but it was a good measuring stick for both teams. And if that call did decide the game then that's a down right shame.

No bash on Lipscomb. A classy bunch last night. but that call was PATHETIC!

I agree. Lipscomb's fans, coaches and players were very classy. However, a game should not be decided by stupid calls like the T on the coach for Livingston.

DL's players are very talented, quick athletes. They play great defense. LA has a good looking team too.

Good luck to both teams.

I've played against Lipscomb many times and at first I used to say the calls ALWAYS went to them and then I decided to watch some film. Lipscombs kids play SMART defense and make their own breaks. Don't get me wrong the game is decided by the players not by the refs and thats the way it always should be, but for the foul calls Lipscomb is just always in position whether it be in helpside, tough on the ball pressure, or denying a pass. They work hard on D without fouling. I'm no where close to a Lipscomb fan but this is what Ive gathered after playing them for 4 years.

I've played against Lipscomb many times and at first I used to say the calls ALWAYS went to them and then I decided to watch some film. Lipscombs kids play SMART defense and make their own breaks. Don't get me wrong the game is decided by the players not by the refs and thats the way it always should be, but for the foul calls Lipscomb is just always in position whether it be in helpside, tough on the ball pressure, or denying a pass. They work hard on D without fouling. I'm no where close to a Lipscomb fan but this is what Ive gathered after playing them for 4 years.

I think you're right about Lipscomb's defense. Let me clarify myself, though.

The sad thing here was the STUPID TECHNICAL!!!!!!!!!!!!

REVIEW THE TAPE! I know nothing can be done, and Lipscomb shouldn't be bothered with it...........BUT THE REF NEEDS TO BE BOTHERED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by madisonsquaregarden

Hey it gets juicier, funnier, uglier, more interesting...or whatever. Seems like the coach from David Lipscomb yelled at the ref that LA's coach was out of his box. Immediately the ref SAVED THE DAY and duct taped LA's coach back in his BOX!

It's nice that DL's coach and MR. BIG (ref) are so chummy!

If that happened that would be as low as it goes! I for one would get the tape to TSSAA as soon as possible! :angry:

Hey it gets juicier, funnier, uglier, more interesting...or whatever. Seems like the coach from David Lipscomb yelled at the ref that LA's coach was out of his box. Immediately the ref SAVED THE DAY and duct taped LA's coach back in his BOX!

It's nice that DL's coach and MR. BIG (ref) are so chummy!

If this is the case, I change what I said in an earlier post. NO CLASS!

I by no means am taking up for either team but before you judge a coach lets make sure we know if he said something or not. In the first few posts he's classy and now someone says he told the official the other coach is out of his box he is now the scape goat. So my point being lets get the facts straight. How in the world would you know if he said that or not. If he did in fact say that I believe that would have been one of the first posts on here.