Lebanon at Warren County

FOOTBALL_is_LIFE

I don't understand everyone slurping Glenn and Majors. There are only three kids on this team with the talent and the drive to go to the next level and these two guys aren't among them.

Ok, I think you misunderstood me. I never said that Glenn or Majors were heading to college next season to play, but I AM saying that these two are the best two players on this WC team, with the most talent and the most bball smarts. Therefore, if this team is going to win any games in district, these two will have to "go off" in order for that to happen.

Also, I don't know about having or not having the drive, but I can assure you there is NO ONE on this team who has talent to play at the next level so I'm not quite sure who you could even possibly be referring to.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, I think you misunderstood me. I never said that Glenn or Majors were heading to college next season to play, but I AM saying that these two are the best two players on this WC team, with the most talent and the most bball smarts. Therefore, if this team is going to win any games in district, these two will have to "go off" in order for that to happen.

Also, I don't know about having or not having the drive, but I can assure you there is NO ONE on this team who has talent to play at the next level so I'm not quite sure who you could even possibly be referring to.

Don't worry Stewie he doesn't have anything positive to say about Warren Co. anyway. and you are right if anyone of them do go any where it will be to motlow like all other athletes at WC.

The people who I think have the drive AND the talent are Wood, Weir, and Weitzel. All three could definitely play on the next level. Weitzel may be the only D-1 talent out of the three, but they could all play.

As far as Glenn and Majors. Glenn has talent, no drive. Majors has the competitiveness, but too short.

Phoenix, quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. Nothing negative, only Motlow... pick one. Motlow is just fine. College is paid for. I think you can look at Pelham and Nunley and see that we aren't getting the most out of the talent here in WC.

The people who I think have the drive AND the talent are Wood, Weir, and Weitzel. All three could definitely play on the next level. Weitzel may be the only D-1 talent out of the three, but they could all play.

As far as Glenn and Majors. Glenn has talent, no drive. Majors has the competitiveness, but too short.

Phoenix, quit talking out of both sides of your mouth. Nothing negative, only Motlow... pick one. Motlow is just fine. College is paid for. I think you can look at Pelham and Nunley and see that we aren't getting the most out of the talent here in WC.

great post from someone with 4 posts Pheonix is a very respected poster on here rookie so you might wanna calm down the negative comments so early in your coach T adventure

not to argue, but i have to disagree. Wood will not play college ball, period. Colleges don't need guys who can just outjump people but nothing else.

Weir, its possible, but it'll take the right coaching. I think Ryan Smith can provide that but will situations allow this kid a chance. That being said, if Weir's cousin Reese Bishop didn't go anywhere to play, then I have a hard time believing Weir will too.

Weitzel, not a chance....but i will add a YET. He needs A LOT of coaching and needs to add A LOT of strength. Again, its possible for this kid to turn it around with the right coaching, but I've seen him around and he looks no bigger, as far as weight room goes, so thats gonna be his key.

Guest dare_2_dream

you live by the press and you die by it.......is it possible his teams lose their legs....he is a good coach but sometimes he needs to adjust and press in certain situations. do any other 7aaa teams press a great deal?

thats what i never understood about lebanon ... they would press the entire game, and when it came down to it at the end, they were so tired ... their press was easy to break ... i often wondered why he never would back it off, no matter the situation ... but i guess thats what he is used to ...

Lebanon wins 56-43.

Warren Co was up by 9 at halftime, 27-18. They did not hit a field goal in the 2nd half until there was 2:20 left in the 4th quarter. They hit 3 free throws in the third quarter and three in the fourth before hitting a field goal. Lebanon outscores WC 17-3 in the third & 21-13 in the fourth.

Presley had 27 for Lebanon (6 three's, 9 FT's) Payne & Winfree 12 each, Walton 3, & Henderson 2.

Wood had 13 for WC.

Lebanon wins 56-43.

Warren Co was up by 9 at halftime, 27-18. They did not hit a field goal in the 2nd half until there was 2:20 left in the 4th quarter. They hit 3 free throws in the third quarter and three in the fourth before hitting a field goal. Lebanon outscores WC 17-3 in the third & 21-13 in the fourth.

Presley had 27 for Lebanon (6 three's, 9 FT's) Payne & Winfree 12 each, Walton 3, & Henderson 2.

Wood had 13 for WC.

WOW...thats amazing. goin that long without hittin a shot (besides free throws of course)

Lebanon wins 56-43.

Wood had 13 for WC.

OMG.....Presley was on FIRE tonight! Great effort by Warren County!

I will say that it was a tale of two halves. The Pioneers came out on fire and it looked like Lebanon was on the ropes there at the end of the first half. Although the second half was not as good. WC had a lot of costly turnovers due to sloppy passes and they just seemed to not even try to go to the hole until the last two minutes of the game and almost made it a game again. but like I have stated once before in this post we just couldn't finish. and my hat goes off to Chase Officer(Sophomore) who came of the bench in the first half and although he didn't score much tonight he showed the most heart.