What happen to Bradley @ Soddy Daisy?

raider2

Coach Smith lets Terrance talk back to him way too much. Coach Smith should get a handle on him or everyone else on his team is going to get so mad and upset that the team will not make it past region. But I did watch him at McMinn and in the first half was pure awful and then in the second half kept shooting and brogt them back. But I also watched his attitude on the court. Horrible. Terrance is the cockiest player I have ever seen play down there at Bradley. They had some awfully good players at Bradley the past few years with the Hares, Carpenter, the Pughs and Pickel. All these players could run circles around Terrance as complete players but he is probably the best shooter of all them. But I watched Bradley play alot of their games and never one time saw any of those players act the way Terrance does. It is just awful the way he is allowed to act. To me he can win a game for them but he can lose them just the same. If he would just worry about winning instead of telling Coach Smith what to do or pointing his fingers at the other players or fussing with the referrees or talking to the crowd or any of the other things that good players should not do he would be good. I know even at McMinn when Bradley used to always win with the Hares. Pickels and Pughs that we hated to lose but we really respected Bradley and wanted them to go on. That is not the case now and it is because of the way he is aloud to act out there. But I still think that Bradley will win the district

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bradley isn;t as good as they were last year and they didn't even make it to state or region if I'm not mistaking ,I believe I 'm gonna count them out unless something drastic changes like olgesby is hurt for the season and dodd stops being clumsy .I bet bradley feels stupid aboutn bragging last year about how he transfered from another school I bet that school is praising bradley for taking him.

Bradley isn;t as good as they were last year and they didn't even make it to state or region if I'm not mistaking ,I believe I 'm gonna count them out unless something drastic changes like olgesby is hurt for the season and dodd stops being clumsy .I bet bradley feels stupid aboutn bragging last year about how he transfered from another school I bet that school is praising bradley for taking him.

Well, the Bears DID make it to the region last year where they were upset by Red Bank. This year has been a tough one mainly because they are not as deep on the bench as in the most recent years. They still went 26-3 last year which isn't too bad in my book. Never count the Bears out as long as Kent Smith is the coach.

As for Terrance Oglesby, he is a pure shooter and shooters have to keep on shooting even on cold nights. They'll eventually get their shot back as all good shooters do. At Soddy-Daisy he didn't take as many shots because he was well defensed. There was not anyone making any consistent shots for the Bears. They had also just come off an extremely emotional overtime loss the previous night to a mighty fine Red Bank team. If you were at the Soddy-Daisy game on Tuesday then you saw a very flat, both emotionally and physically, Bear team. Oglesby is certainly the 'go to' man for the Bears. There is not anyone who is more dependable when it comes to needing points. However, he does have a tendency at times to try to make the low percentage pass or take some low percentage shots. Yes, he is cocky, but there have been many, many talented players that have been just as cocky. These are the ones that expect to succeed on every single play or shot and this is just not possible. He is one of the most intense competitors ever to wear the Black and Gold and he detests losing more than most anyone you'll ever meet. He is very unforgiving of himself and is harder on himself than he really should be. He will not settle for mediocrity from himself and his team mates. What you see on the court is Terrance wearing his emotions on his face. If only more players played with his intensity in games or on the practice floor, the Bears could be even more successful.

Don't count out the Bears just yet. They are now 4-0 after a road win at Cumberland County tonight. They lead the district standings by 2 games over every District 5-AAA opponent. Yes, Red Bank has their number at the moment and yes the Region 3-AAA tourney will be at Red Bank but you better not count the Bears out or you'll be paying, not playing, in the post-season tournaments.

BYL--you are dead on in your analysis. See you Friday at BCHS.