What player does it all

raynoc

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Black Hole

After reading the topic, 8 players came straight to mind:

Victoria Dunlap - <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Alecia Weatherly - Perry County

Abby Andrews - Collinwood

Christian Clay - Lake County

Jana Cross - Loretto

Abby Lawson - Cheatham County

Kristen Brison - Fairview

Jessica Mooney - Hillsboro

TJ from Siegel

TJ from Siegel

After reading the topic, 8 players came straight to mind:

Victoria Dunlap - <a href='http://www.coacht.com/inside/team.cfm?SchoolID=37&SportID=2' target='_blank'>Brentwood Academy</a>

Alecia Weatherly - Perry County

Abby Andrews - Collinwood

Christian Clay - Lake County

Jana Cross - Loretto

Abby Lawson - Cheatham County

Kristen Brison - Fairview

Jessica Mooney - Hillsboro

TJ from Siegel

I, at first, thought I might not respond to this thread because my thoughts have been expressed on this in other forums but when I have seen the some of the candidates above go head to head with Tikedra Jones of Siegel in competition I felt I too might be qualified to suggest her. Sure, there are a lot of great players, but this goes further than that, to the person. After seeing her play and observing her grow, as a player and a person, and while no one on earth is perfect, she certainly fits in this catagory. I am sure that that it can be said of all of these young ladies that growth is what life is all about. Momentum , right now is the important thing. Right now, the starting point is where we are today.u

What player this year has done more for thier team. Rebounds, steals,points,defense,assists,leadership,hustle,heart,smarts,etc.

I think that Maplewood has a pretty good chance of stepping up.

One person that comes to my mind is Rho'nesha Taylor, she has a lot of skills and may go far in life. So all yall haters step yo game up a notch.

Tiffany Firby is also a great player, not to mention their pointguard Camile Rucker.

I have to give Jessica Mooney her props though, she is the only girly that I've seen switch hands in a ball game. Well I'll holla but good luck to everybody and there schools.

Bianca Thomas - plays point guard, shooting guard, power forward and center, breaks the press off the dribble - runs the offense - passes off and posts up. On defense, she guards the point, the wing, or the post, wherever she is needed the most. Plays the front, middle, or back on the press. Pretty versatile.

At 5' 4" Cumberland County's Casha Foster is one of the best kept secrets in Tenn. She's a truly natural point guard with a sixth sense for being in the right place at the right time...check her rebound stats...remember she's just 5' 4". She is unselfish and is able to push her dribble through double/triple teams as well as anyone. Casha's assists are deadly accurate and her defense is mystical. Her ability to penetrate the lane and throw up a layup from places you wouldn't think a shot could be taken from are no less impressive. In my 40+ years of watching bball she may be the best all round natural talent I've seen. If you're down by 1, 2 or 3, inbounding the ball on the far end of the court with <5 seconds left on the clock, you have a surprisingly good chance if the ball is in Casha's hands. Her style of play naturally results in many knocks. If she develops a tolerance for pain from the inevitable knocks her style imposes, she's a legimate Miss Tennessee candidate.

Casha is lucky to be surrounded by talented teammates (Hood, Brown, Smith, Martin, Henry, Elmore, Dishman...and the bench goes on) that helps showcase her talent. (Each of these just mentioned have had their times of stepping up, and when they have, they have held their own with the best...from Georgia, Alabama and South Carolina, all the way north to Ohio.)

Keep your eye on Casha...keep your eye on CCHS. How far these girls go is in their own hands.

Edited by little1