Why no respect for Catholic?

Flyguy2100

Garbage, then why is Western Carolina, Mars Hills, West Virginia Tech, Hanover College, Maryville College, Blurfield College and Wofford coming to his games CONSISTENTLY. I wish more players were that "garbage" then they could have a free education too!

Hey man, Im just tellin you what I heard...

Whoever said Parton was GARBAGE is either clueless or must have seen him play a rare horrible game. The kid is 82-20 as a 4 year starter and don't tell me it's because he's had great teammates. Who in East TN can make a claim to both those statements? I know it's a cliche but I've never coached a player with more heart and that can't be measured. But I promise you anyone who was played against him will tell you he's been in a battle. He's taken the leadership of the Zags since he was a freshman playing up in age (unlike Tony White who played down an age group). We've won numerous tournaments around the South where we had no business being on the court if you just looked at us. I think the respect he's gotten playing against the Travelers, Ballerz and Thunder and beating them speaks for itself. Don't let one person's opinion of Parton form your judgement. I'd take him over any point guard in East TN and yes I've seen about everybody in ET play.

lol, I believe I'll trust my source...

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey man, Im just tellin you what I heard...

lol, I believe I'll trust my source...

Well my sources are two recruiting services who evaluate talent for a living. One service says Parton is a top 50 senior in TN. This is definitely based on his play this summer with the Zags. It is ran by Jeremy Shulman of the Mid State Ballerz. He recently coached the Delk twins at Miss St and numerous other D-1,D-2, and NAIA players as well as coaching at the junior college level. My other source is Andre Whitehead at unapproved website.com He lists Matt as a top 100 senior. I think both these guys see him as a D-2 level player and possibly a low d-1 player if he gets the right situation and someone willing to take a chance. That to me sounds like garbage.....nice sources, keep trusting them.......

Thanks for the factual backup qb#7. What do those 2 guys know except basketball evaluating? I respect both Jeremy and Andre's assessments of Parton's skill level and think they're very accurate. I think he's closer to Jeremy's ranking but he played very well against both Ballerz teams in the AAU state tourney. He's a low D-1 at best in the right opportunity but realistically probably will end up D-2. ScottA11 hit the nail on the head. A lot of coaches are coming to watch a "garbage" (in your opinion or your sources) , a flat out winner in mine, player.

Edited by IrishBBall

i just want to know why Catholic gets no respect, im a Kingston supporter and we thought that they would not be as good as they had shown in previous games. I was wrong they came out and beat our butts in a big game.

Id just like to know why the papers, media, and everyone on these boards have no respect for Knox Catholic mens bball?

I have nothing in this, in fact I dont live anywhere near Knoxville, but why do I keep hearing this word? RESPECT! What is respect? I mean apparently Catholic aint getting none, LA on the football threads aint getting none, Tom Brady aint getting none, a few weeks ago JC wasnt getting none, the Denver Broncos aint getting none, etc.! What do you want people to do, bow down and kiss the feet of this school? Maybe they should be the lead story on the 6'o clock news for the next year? Maybe they can put up a huge sign in Times Square with theses people on it? Maybe there should be a holiday for theses people that arent getting respect? :angry: I mean come on what do you want? Its a game! I just want to know what theses people crying for respect want? You, Tom Brady, or any member of the Denver Broncos can answer this! If you want respect, go earn it, dont get on a message board and ask for it! ;)

I am not typing this to make anyone mad, its just a word that has become drastically over-used and I want to know what theses people want?

Good Day everyone! ;)

Well my sources are two recruiting services who evaluate talent for a living. One service says Parton is a top 50 senior in TN. This is definitely based on his play this summer with the Zags. It is ran by Jeremy Shulman of the Mid State Ballerz. He recently coached the Delk twins at Miss St and numerous other D-1,D-2, and NAIA players as well as coaching at the junior college level. My other source is Andre Whitehead at unapproved website.com He lists Matt as a top 100 senior. I think both these guys see him as a D-2 level player and possibly a low d-1 player if he gets the right situation and someone willing to take a chance. That to me sounds like garbage.....nice sources, keep trusting them.......

And my source is a dude that was being guarded by Parton...he says Parton couldnt guard him to save his life...however, your sources are good as well, and I will respect what they think...however, my source, like I said, is someone that played against Parton and was guarded by him...he said he was garbage...

Bert Bertelkamp former Vol and Vol basketball announcer came to watch Matt Parton in the Catholic 37-35 win. He set with Matt's Dad. I guess he doesn't think Matt is garbage especially as Matt hit the 3 to win the game. :lol:

Well gosh, just the fact that an announcer, a UT announcer, sat with his dad is enough to convince me...please...for all you know, they could just be old friends...and the score was 37-35 you say??? I must say, that is impressive...both teams gave a great defensive effort it appears...however, I still don't see what it is that is so special about this team...they are being blown up for holding Farragut to 35 points, when they only scored 37 themselves...and Farragut is not one of the better teams in this are...they are ok, if anything...by the way, do you honestly believe that just because an announcer sat wit his dad that that means something??? That dude is just an announcer...he is nothing more then a fan, like you or me...so please don't see anything else about that...

I have nothing in this, in fact I dont live anywhere near Knoxville, but why do I keep hearing this word? RESPECT! What is respect? I mean apparently Catholic aint getting none, LA on the football threads aint getting none, Tom Brady aint getting none, a few weeks ago JC wasnt getting none, the Denver Broncos aint getting none, etc.! What do you want people to do, bow down and kiss the feet of this school? Maybe they should be the lead story on the 6'o clock news for the next year? Maybe they can put up a huge sign in Times Square with theses people on it? Maybe there should be a holiday for theses people that arent getting respect? :lol: I mean come on what do you want? Its a game! I just want to know what theses people crying for respect want? You, Tom Brady, or any member of the Denver Broncos can answer this! If you want respect, go earn it, dont get on a message board and ask for it! :thumb:

I am not typing this to make anyone mad, its just a word that has become drastically over-used and I want to know what theses people want?

Good Day everyone! :)

This thread was started by a fan of one of our opponents who had heard that Catholic wasn't any good, not by a Catholic fan. He talked about being surprised at how well Catholic played. I agree about everybody harping about "a lack of respect". BUT it amazing to me to have watched the PrepXtra ranking come out for several years and to be either unranked or ranked behind teams you've beaten when you have a better record. I don't think we are necessarily one of the top 10 teams in the state but we aren't even listed for AP voting. We've been to the state for the past 2 years but few people in the Knoxville area seem to think we can play. The people we've played seem to appreciate the fact we can play as is shown by their comments. Coming out of the D-2 Private School division, we haven't played in a local district. Most of our opponents were in Chattanooga. As a prime example of the private school ignorance/bias in this area, last year Kitty Houston from Webb and Brett Connor from Catholic were initially left off of the PrepXtra Team while earning All-State Honors. Brett was First Team A-P All State and wasn't listed among the top 15 on the PrepXtra Team from the Knoxville area alone. ??? The same basic thing happened to Kitty Houston and when the coach talked to the guy who did the team for the Knoxville news paper, he admitted that he hadn't even been to see her play or covered any of her games. AND both these players led their team to the State Tourney.

Edited by IrishBBall

hey the only reason i brought up respect is because (it supports my point), i HEARD about the catholic webb game from one of my buddies who was there, yes, HEARD, because when i watched the news to see some hightlights of the game, there were none, NOT EVEN AN ON AIR MENTION, they showed blowout girls games, like Farragut v. Bearden, but would not even mention the great game that went down at Webb on Friday night

oh and ive seen matt parton play a few times, he is good