Oneida

youdontknowme

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:P Bright lights will distort even the finest eyes. The red carpet has been walked on enough for a time, lets try the hardwood. Everyone needs to lower their head and pull harder. Can anyone else smell the post season or is it just me? I like our chances when we proceed as a unit. I'm sure someone in Oliver Springs or Coalfield is laughing at me, but he who laughes last.......... Crazy world!

;) Kaz :lol:

:angry: Oneida lost, the coach quit 10min into the first half. He allowed his girls to make two turn overs and he was done. Watching him sit there and pout is very difficult. He does not believe in his team so they do not believe in themselfs. I have heard that he tells them often that they are not a championship team, how many times does it take hearing that, that you start to believe it. I think a lot of coaches forget that they are there for the team they are not there for the coach.

How did Oneida do against York tonight?

Hold the lynch mob. The jury should hold out until all the evidence is on the table. There are some games left to be played. Granted, the team is not functioning at a high level right now, but if they ever get hot for a while they will definitely close with a bang. I'd expect any knowledgeable fan not to jump ship before it all plays out. Kaz won't, in fact, I guess I'd rather go down with the ship than desert the team.

<_<

Hold the lynch mob. The jury should hold out until all the evidence is on the table. There are some games left to be played. Granted, the team is not functioning at a high level right now, but if they ever get hot for a while they will definitely close with a bang. I'd expect any knowledgeable fan not to jump ship before it all plays out. Kaz won't, in fact, I guess I'd rather go down with the ship than desert the team.

:lol:

I will always be a hugh fan of OHS. I just see so much potential with the Oneida girls, but their confidence is very low. Someone needs to let them know how proud we are of them. Even a player at the professional level can not perform if they are told how bad they are almost everyday. I don't think you should baby these girls they are very tough, but they are young ladys that really want to please their coach and they are finding that task almost impossible. I think coach West is a very good coach, I think he may have lost his focus. Remember it takes 5 positive comments to overcome 1 negative. Keep playing hard girls and it will pay off. I still think we will be at state again.

Edited by OHSfan

As far as Coach West quitting on the girls at the York game yes, I feel that in some ways he did. After mentioning the opinion of this forum to one of the players, her reply was "we quit on ourselves". As for him telling them they are not a championship team, her reply was "he tells us sometimes that we don't play like a championship team". This I totally agree with. There are some games, that I think if you were to tell the person sitting beside you that this same team went to state last year, that they would probably fall off the bleacher in shock. Do I agree with everything Coach West does? No. Their are times I think that a too quick substitution can contribute to game losses. If you have 5 girls out there not fouling, keeping the opponent from scoring, and they are scoring for us, why pull them off the floor? Do I think it's all his fault when we lose a game? Of course not. But, I do know this. He has the respect of these girls, and I don't think that any of them would ever want to play for another coach, or at least I know one that definitely would not. They may not always understand his playing decisions, but they defend him and support him. Do I think that they lack confidence, yes. I believe they think they are beat sometimes by some teams before they ever step foot on the floor. But I think that he does believe they are championship material, and they need to believe it too.