BA vs Whites Creek

mr.giggliefly33

Oakland[/url'>Grad' post='825903523' date='Jan 18 2006 - 01:53 PM']

How anyone can come on here and try to discredit George Pitts is simply beyond me. Coach Pitts set the standard for Tennessee High School Basketball in the early 90's with his great depth and reputation to just press teams into submission, its been a philosophy that has been to him over the years, even before he came to Science Hill or Brentwood Academy. There may not be another coach in tennessee who has a resume as good as George Pitts'

i agree but he still plays in a underacheiving league

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

With the athletes BA has it makes sense to play a lot of kids. The first title they won in this series of three was against Lausanne I believe. That team had King Dunlap, Brandan Wright as a freshman, Darren Musten, Holbert, Josh Bone, Barry Turner, and Theo Townsend: those guys are either playing football or basketball at BIG time schools. It made sense then and I don't see why it doesn't make sense now. They've obviously taken it to some of the best teams in the country with that approach. Bolivar Central won state last year.....BA won state last year.....BA beat Bolivar Central this year: Brandan Wright = better than Willie Kemp.

Aside from MBA, St. X, and Male who did Brian Brohm ever beat at Trinity? Dunbar isn't really good football. Nor is Danville or Paducah. Brian Brohm only played against easy teams and never accomplished anything in high school, despite the state championships he, like Brandan Wright, won for his team.

Edited by cut it out

With the athletes BA has it makes sense to play a lot of kids. The first title they won in this series of three was against Lausanne I believe. That team had King Dunlap, Brandan Wright as a freshman, Darren Musten, Holbert, Josh Bone, Barry Turner, and Theo Townsend: those guys are either playing football or basketball at BIG time schools. It made sense then and I don't see why it doesn't make sense now. They've obviously taken it to some of the best teams in the country with that approach. Bolivar Central won state last year.....BA won state last year.....BA beat Bolivar Central this year: Brandan Wright = better than Willie Kemp.

Aside from MBA, St. X, and Male who did Brian Brohm ever beat at Trinity? Dunbar isn't really good football. Nor is Danville or Paducah. Brian Brohm only played against easy teams and never accomplished anything in high school, despite the state championships he, like Brandan Wright, won for his team.

Pitts is a great coach i was just saying it is kids on that team that should not touch the floor with the talent they have Stallings son being one of them last night he nevered played his 5 best players at one time at all. Also i dont care what he has accomplished ole nollner out coached him last night like it or not.

BA has great talent, no doubt. They have a great coach, no doubt. They play in a weak division, no doubt.

I applaud Coach Nollner for going against BA. He went to their place with his team not at full strength and got the win. Much respect. And Coach Pitts should be applauded. BA had nothing to gain in this game. If they win, they were expected to.

I would love to see BA compete in AAA every week. If they have trouble against good shooting teams, then Hunters Lane and McGavock would give them trouble too. BA would give middle Tennessee a better shot against the public schools in Memphis during the state tournament also.

BA would still win in AAA, I think, but there would be no cakewalk like DII is for them.

some thoughts:

-neither pitts nor BA control the league they are in and as you can tell by their schedule pitts and the entire staff wanted to make this the most imposing schedule that they could, over christmas they played what 8 games in 12 days?

pitts wins games playing subs alot; also pitts has no problem pulling the best players if they arent playing like he thinks they should; pitts and stallings are both stand up guys and I dont care for any suggestion otherwise; if you are down by 13 should the stars be kept in? clearly something was off! pitts saw that and wanted to adjust it...also with the clear edge in the speed/athletism going to WC guards why not sub some guys? and bone is argueable one of the top 4 players for both teams, should he have been left in? please; also i bet if he could do it over again pitts would sub more against shelbyville, their football guys just ran out of gas bc they didnt have their legs yet, i

jrm pointed something out that ryan last year was able to notice and capitolize on...lights out from three and BA is screwed...the doc tries it with the stall as does mba/ usn...sometimes it works, F ryan took ba to OT last yr with it, other times it doesnt, the next time out ba won by 50ish, hats off to whites creek for taking advantage of the oppurtunity to win

week in and week out ba would have trouble in AAA, look at giles county last yr, ba has serious matchup issues with most aaa teams esp when bone or garrett are off, could they pull it together and win the tourney? maybe but you can lose in d2 and still make state

Pitts is a great coach i was just saying it is kids on that team that should not touch the floor with the talent they have Stallings son being one of them last night he nevered played his 5 best players at one time at all. Also i dont care what he has accomplished ole nollner out coached him last night like it or not.

Not exactuly sure who you think his 5 best players are or who you think he left on the bench . . . ??? He did use his bench, but mostly in relief with those players getting very few minutes.

This game was not won or lost by coaching -- this game was won because Whites Creek shot lights out in the first half. Rouse was amazing (not sure he missed a shot in the first 2 quarters). WC did a great job of handling BA's come back and they made the shots in the end when it counts.

Great high school basketball game!

I want to know where the ones are who still think Bone is better than Stewart from Shelbyville? Two points at home thats not good to say the least. Sounds like Wright could have used a little help. Let him get his and nothing for anybody else is the key to beatin BA

I still think that Joshua Bone is a better player than Stewart he just had a bad gang everybody has a bad game he will bounce back after this terrible game and lost keep up the good work.

Its all about who you know. Stewart may not of signed anywhere, lets just see who's better in four years. Just because he is gonna be a Saluki dont mean jack in my mind. I'll take Stewart just like he took Bone for 28. :blink:

Bone has proved himself on the aau circuit....

"Bone is plain scary when he gets hot, Barry's aight but he aint no Josh"...that from Stewart's cousin and Bone's AAU teammate. I think you can figure out who that is.

Edited by Harris' hooligans

Some of you have presented honest, well-informed opinions in this thread.

Then there are the lowlifes who feed off criticizing a team who could trounce their beloved squads anytime, anywhere.

Some advice to those who have dumped ignorant criticism upon George Pitts, Josh Bone, and Brentwood Academy in this thread:

Stick to pontificating about your own team, because unless you support Mitchell, Raleigh-Egypt, Bolivar, or Ridgeway, your school probably doesn't have the national respect Brentwood Academy has right now.