Cyclone Basketball

CountryBoy4Life

Another wonderful post by the all-knowing rvd! Every now and then say somethan positive. Could you try that?

And the boys team is not below average. If you knew any basketball and watched these kids, you would know they are better than average.

A 6-10 record I did not know that was above average. I have said nothing bad about the kids. You were the one that said you were tired of watching them. I believe you said the football team was good also and I was proven 100% right on that. I speak the truth and have never said anything but that in my posts. A lot of people get upset because I do not sugar coat anything about EHS athletics but someone needs to step up and tell the truth because the coaches are in fantasy land. The Arby's Classic proved that basketball in this area is below average so I stand by my statements. True I am a football guy but results are results.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A 6-10 record I did not know that was above average. I have said nothing bad about the kids. You were the one that said you were tired of watching them. I believe you said the football team was good also and I was proven 100% right on that. I speak the truth and have never said anything but that in my posts. A lot of people get upset because I do not sugar coat anything about EHS athletics but someone needs to step up and tell the truth because the coaches are in fantasy land. The Arby's Classic proved that basketball in this area is below average so I stand by my statements. True I am a football guy but results are results.

Records don't show everything. If you are sooooo smart you would know that. And I do believe the football team did make the playoffs. And I do believe they hold the state record for the most consecutive seasons in the playoffs. You might speak the truth, from a narrowly minded point of view. You talk like my dad did, you talk all about the negative and nothing about the positive. You might think it makes you like you know what you're talking about, but a lot of times it just makes you look like you dislike everything about Cyclone athletics.

Records don't show everything???? Your record shows if you are good, bad or average. Do not get me started on football because when you start taking up for the football program you must not watch the games. I do dislike certain parts of the football program because certain parts let the kids down. I have nothing against the basketball program boys or girls I just say what I see and how they play.

The boys have have had so many close games this year...just ended up losing them...(South Greene, Happy Valley, gave Unicoi a struggle at first). They do play hard, and when they play smart, they aren't that bad. I agree they tend to have some selfishness at times on the court- get past that, they might step up come tourney time. Coach Wilson isn't all to blame, considering his past frew years with the girls.

I hear a rumor that Charles Peters will get to dress/play this Friday...anyone know if that's true?

RVD,

Do your records show that the Cyclones have gone toe-to-toe twice with the number 10 team in the state? Do your records show that the Cyclones went toe-to-toe twice against the number 4 team in the state? Do your records show an overtime loss to Happy Valley, one of the most talent laden teams in the area?

Did you see the SG game? Derrick played his heart out with a bum ankle. Austin gave his best performance of the season, as did Andrew. Brian threw up a prayer and it was answered. I could go on and on about the good things that happened Friday but I don't think you will listen. This team is making strides. What they need from you is encouragement, not the rantings of a fan who only sees the bad. Unless you are a coach or a player, you do not get to make game decisions. All you need to do is cheer their effort or save your four bucks and stay home.

P.S. If you are a student, you could have made a difference as a player. Yet you chose to take the easy road and put a dent in your recliner. If that is the case - be quiet.

Edited by coacherdude

It's about time. The boys won tonight at Chuckey Doak, following the girl's win. It definitely wasn't pretty, and there were some ups and downs in the officiating, but they came out on top. Charles got to play for the first time this season...and quite significant minutes considering the circumstances. Hm..his first game back and they win...any connections?

A loss is a loss. The Happy Valley game they should have won but missed 2 free throws at the end of the 4th quarter. What if's and playing close does not cut it. I know the Freshman are playing good and have just 2 losses. So maybe the basketball future looks bright because their money sport is on the way down.

The money sport is going down??? You seem not to remember the freshman football team or 17 returning starters on varsity. Once again, more negative outlooks by rvd.