Lenoir City @ Wartburg

basketball101

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your probably right. Lenoir City basketball is a joke and Wartburg is for real. Lenoir City staying close the first time was just a fluke. I look for the game to be a big Wartburg win. Final score Wartburg 85-55. Go Dogs. :angry:

I (Jeremy Shannon) play for Wartburg and I am here to tell you and everybody else that is saying that Lenior City isn't a good team has no clue what they are saying! Lenior City has stepped up there game BIG time since the first time that we met them. They have played some of the best teams in East Tennessee, not to mention them beating Farragut, Sevier County, and only getting beat by 7 against the best team in East Tennessee Bearden. Not to mention Sevier County is the only team to beat Bearden. I look for this game to be a GREAT one. This will be an all out war. It will come down to who wants it more. If we (Wartburg) don't come out clicking on all cyclinders, as a TEAM, it will be a long night! I look for Lenior City to come out and play some zone to slow down our running attack! Right now I am really not worried about there zone because if Travis Nelson and DJ Shannon keep shooting like they have been shooting these last few games, Lenior City will not be in that zone for long. Both of these two players have stepped up there game tremendously, especially Travis Nelson this kid the last few ballgames has been nothing short of MAGNIFICENT on the Defensive and Offensive end! Look for this game to be close the whole time unless the Bulldogs come out and play like everybody knows they can. Tonight will be one of those nights where we can prove to people just how good we really are! It's TIME to PUT UP or SHUT UP! GO DOGS!

Edited by orangenation16

I would like to congratulate Wartburg on another big win. I will not make excuses for Lenoir City. It is a little unusual however for a team to shoot 51 free throws in a game. Wartburg attempted 20 more free throws and they press the entire game. Coach Layne is either a wizard defensive coach or something out of the coaches hands was at work here. Wartburg was in the 1 and 1 with 6 minutes to play in the 3rd... That's right in the 3rd. They were shooting the double bonus with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd...That's right the 3rd. They made more free throws than Lenoir City shot. Lenoir City primarily played a sagging M2M, and Wartburg runs a relentless full court press most of the game. They are extremely physical and really use their hands throughout the defensive possession. They scored 16 points off of 4 Lenoir City technicals. The Lenoir City coach has not been t'd all season, but he and 3 Lenoir City players drew one tonight. Wartburg scored 20 points the whole first half and scored 40 in the 3rd. Yes 40. 18 of which came from the line. They attempted 38 free throws in the second half alone. I'm not saying that Lenoir City would have won the game...It's just a shame that 3 grown men would not even give them a chance. You need to shake this one off Panthers and go get one tommorrow night. :thumb:

I would like to congratulate Wartburg on another big win. I will not make excuses for Lenoir City. It is a little unusual however for a team to shoot 51 free throws in a game. Wartburg attempted 20 more free throws and they press the entire game. Coach Layne is either a wizard defensive coach or something out of the coaches hands was at work here. Wartburg was in the 1 and 1 with 6 minutes to play in the 3rd... That's right in the 3rd. They were shooting the double bonus with 3 minutes to go in the 3rd...That's right the 3rd. They made more free throws than Lenoir City shot. Lenoir City primarily played a sagging M2M, and Wartburg runs a relentless full court press most of the game. They are extremely physical and really use their hands throughout the defensive possession. They scored 16 points off of 4 Lenoir City technicals. The Lenoir City coach has not been t'd all season, but he and 3 Lenoir City players drew one tonight. Wartburg scored 20 points the whole first half and scored 40 in the 3rd. Yes 40. 18 of which came from the line. They attempted 38 free throws in the second half alone. I'm not saying that Lenoir City would have won the game...It's just a shame that 3 grown men would not even give them a chance. You need to shake this one off Panthers and go get one tommorrow night. :lol:

Lenoir City was fouling. And the Lenoir City coach not gettin a T all year is a LIE. He got one at Lenoir City that helped Wartburg get that win down there. The first T they got the kid said something That i can't post or it will get deleted. It was uncalled for. The coach deserved his too. He was on the refs, which I don't blame him. The JV kid that got one was mouthing at the ref after a foul. He shoulda relized the ref wasn't changing the call and just to lay off. Lenoir City played physical and is a great club. There was alot of speed on the team. BTW Wartburg shoots alot of FT's they shoot 53 against OS. They take the ball to the hole and draw fouls. I do admit when they called a Technical on a player and then gave Wartburg the basketball that was made after the T that was wrong. Lenoir City was a good team, only some of the players and fans got frustrated and their tempers flew. Lenoir City still has my respect though. They are a good team and good luck the rest of the season.

Lenoir City is a good basketball team. I thought the game would've been closer than what it was. I knew, though, that if the dog's came out and played as a TEAM that it wouldn't be a contest. I think the dog's really played together last night. Even when the starters sat the bench they we're shouting and cheering their team on. It was a very physical game, and i'm surprised Wartburg kept their cool. They have improved alot on their tempers. Anyways, great game dog's and best of luck to Lenoir City on the rest of their season.

Lenoir City was fouling. And the Lenoir City coach not gettin a T all year is a LIE. He got one at Lenoir City that helped Wartburg get that win down there. The first T they got the kid said something That i can't post or it will get deleted. It was uncalled for. The coach deserved his too. He was on the refs, which I don't blame him. The JV kid that got one was mouthing at the ref after a foul. He shoulda relized the ref wasn't changing the call and just to lay off. Lenoir City played physical and is a great club. There was alot of speed on the team. BTW Wartburg shoots alot of FT's they shoot 53 against OS. They take the ball to the hole and draw fouls. I do admit when they called a Technical on a player and then gave Wartburg the basketball that was made after the T that was wrong. Lenoir City was a good team, only some of the players and fans got frustrated and their tempers flew. Lenoir City still has my respect though. They are a good team and good luck the rest of the season.

The Lenoir City assistant coach got the T in the game at home. The head coach has not been t'd all season. Wartburg is a really good team and they will go far if they continue to play this type of ball. Good Luck coach Layne and all the dogs from Lenoir City.