MS. BASKETBALL

raynoc

Little1 - I'm encouraged that you have the time and resources to have watched "every" player in the state! If you haven't seen "EVERY" player in the state play ( and actually more than one game) you should be careful in how you word your posts.

There are many girls who probably should be listed here that aren't, because people don't know this place exists or because they are in such small schools that they get even less attention than others.

Is Casha good? Probably. Is she GREAT? maybe... but to say that she has more natural talent than any player in the state? The is probably a reach (but I can't be sure, because I haven't seen her play!).

reallybigfan, Don't be so ridiculous. The theme of this thread is to discuss those we think have the potential to be a Ms. Basketball. If everyone were required to follow your criteria, no one would be qualified to make a post; or, worse yet, no one would be qualified to cast a vote at the end of the season.

Onward. Casha may not be 6' tall (5' 4", actually), but I stick to my argument. She's the best natural talent in the state. Will she out rebound a 6 footer, no. Will she beat a 6 footer one-on-one, almost every time.

How about you...anyone out there that you dare pull for?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1A, I believe the winner will be one of the following (in no particular order):

1. Kayla Hudson, Gleason - In terms of guards in Tennessee, they just don't get much better then Hudson. A born leader with blindingly fast speed, she has superb court awareness on both the offensive and defensive end. Scoring comes naturally and she has great court vision which allows her to always find an open teammate.

2. Ashley Howard, Clarkrange - Though there are many stars on this team, Howard has been the most dominant, and consistent, of the bunch. Leads her team in scoring and rebounding. When the game is on the line for the Lady Buffaloes, Howard is the go-to player of choice.

3. Alecia Weatherly, Perry County - In my opinion, she is the best, and possibly most dominant, all around player in 1A. She can post up, drive the lane, shoot the 3, handle the ball under pressure, and dominate the boards. She is a monster inside on defense and no one is as mentally tough as this young lady.

Others who could get a Miss Basketball nomination and get into the race:

4. Kris Ross - Jackson County

5. Jordan Ramsey - Clarkrange

6. Megan Perry - Westmoreland

I'm sure there is somone from either Oliver Springs, Oneida, Cloudland, or Coalfield who is capable of maybe getting a nomination. However, I don't think there is anyone out that way that is a Lacondra Mason type player, who got a nomination last year while at Chattanooga Christian.

Kayla christopher would be one from Oliver Springs,but she is only a freshman!

For AA, definitely Brandi Brown. The MTSU signee can do anything and everything that it takes to lead her team to a win, whether it's scoring points, pullin rebounds, bringing the ball up the floor, or whatever. She's all-around the best I've seen and had the privilege to play with. Brandi Brown - Miss Basketball!

Alright, it's time for me to re-enter this fray. first off: no I havent seen every player in state of Tennessee play. However, I've watched the candidates mentioned on this thread throughout their Senior year!!! (Jackie Pickel, and Allison Butler) I've seen Casha go head to head with these girls and shut them completely down offensively. Sure, scoring might be a big stat, but is there a better defender in Tennessee than Casha Foster??? Also, if your reasoning for Foster not being Ms. Basketball is because she goes to Cumberland County High School then your argument is absolutely absurd! It shouldn't matter if you go to school in a cardbaord box! If you're the best player in the state then you're the best player in the state. Oh, and as far as having the "credentials", I just want to know. If Casha doesn't have the credentials to win this award then who does?? and what does Foster Lack? Tell me that and then you might change my mind!! :thumb:

Alright, it's time for me to re-enter this fray. first off: no I havent seen every player in state of Tennessee play. However, I've watched the candidates mentioned on this thread throughout their Senior year!!! (Jackie Pickel, and Allison Butler) I've seen Casha go head to head with these girls and shut them completely down offensively. Sure, scoring might be a big stat, but is there a better defender in Tennessee than Casha Foster??? Also, if your reasoning for Foster not being Ms. Basketball is because she goes to Cumberland County High School then your argument is absolutely absurd! It shouldn't matter if you go to school in a cardbaord box! If you're the best player in the state then you're the best player in the state. Oh, and as far as having the "credentials", I just want to know. If Casha doesn't have the credentials to win this award then who does?? and what does Foster Lack? Tell me that and then you might change my mind!! :lol:

Alright, it's time for me to re-enter this fray. first off: no I havent seen every player in state of Tennessee play. However, I've watched the candidates mentioned on this thread throughout their Senior year!!! (Jackie Pickel, and Allison Butler) I've seen Casha go head to head with these girls and shut them completely down offensively. Sure, scoring might be a big stat, but is there a better defender in Tennessee than Casha Foster??? Also, if your reasoning for Foster not being Ms. Basketball is because she goes to Cumberland County High School then your argument is absolutely absurd! It shouldn't matter if you go to school in a cardbaord box! If you're the best player in the state then you're the best player in the state. Oh, and as far as having the "credentials", I just want to know. If Casha doesn't have the credentials to win this award then who does?? and what does Foster Lack? Tell me that and then you might change my mind!! :thumb:

Alright, it's time for me to re-enter this fray. first off: no I havent seen every player in state of Tennessee play. However, I've watched the candidates mentioned on this thread throughout their Senior year!!! (Jackie Pickel, and Allison Butler) I've seen Casha go head to head with these girls and shut them completely down offensively. Sure, scoring might be a big stat, but is there a better defender in Tennessee than Casha Foster??? Also, if your reasoning for Foster not being Ms. Basketball is because she goes to Cumberland County High School then your argument is absolutely absurd! It shouldn't matter if you go to school in a cardbaord box! If you're the best player in the state then you're the best player in the state. Oh, and as far as having the "credentials", I just want to know. If Casha doesn't have the credentials to win this award then who does?? and what does Foster Lack? Tell me that and then you might change my mind!! :lol:

Did you feel that was such a good post that we needed to see it twice? :D

I've watched the candidates mentioned on this thread throughout their Senior year!!! (Jackie Pickel, and Allison Butler) I've seen Casha go head to head with these girls and shut them completely down offensively. Sure, scoring might be a big stat, but is there a better defender in Tennessee than Casha Foster???

Maybe I am wrong, but shutting a player down would not mean holding them to 27 and 28 points. I was scanning my old Chattanooga papers and found that Miss Foster "held" Butler and Pickel to a mere 27 and 28 points in the games they played. You are truly contradicting yourself in that statement. Are you saying that Miss Butler and Miss Pickel are much better than 27 and 28 points? Looks to me like her teammates were the ones who played the defense in those games. Always look at the points a player scores herself and the points the player she guarded scored. If you outscore the player you are defending then you come out on top. I don't think that happened. Anyways, you made a point in favor of Butler and Pickel by saying they were held to mere 27 and 28 points. Thanks for making the case for those two without even knowing it. And from what I understand Pickel would have had only 40 if she knew how to make foul shots, oh and in the second games against CCHS she held these two to under their averages. She held them to a little over 20 is all. Basketball is a team sport and CCHS has a better team than any in the district. Everyone knows that. I don't think they have the best individual player in the district. I think McMinn, Bradley, Cleveland, and Walker Valley all have an individual as good or better. I would rather have Foster's "team" than any in the district but don't fool yourself by saying she is the best player in the state. She is very good but the best, I don't think so.

Edited by luvinsports

brandi brown should be a lock in the AA category. can't comment on the other classifications that much because other than the guard from cumberland county haven't seen anyone in A or AAA that stands out. the eighth grader from rbs will be one to watch over the next few yrs. though.

I don't know about "A Lock" for Brown in AA. Reigning Ms. Basketball, Bianca Thomas, is having another outstanding year with increased duties on the floor. She also is nearing 2500 points for her career and has signed with Ole Miss. Thomas may be your "Lock"!