MS. BASKETBALL

raynoc

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In 1A, I believe the winner will be one of the following (in no particular order):

1. Kayla Hudson, Gleason - In terms of guards in Tennessee, they just don't get much better then Hudson. A born leader with blindingly fast speed, she has superb court awareness on both the offensive and defensive end. Scoring comes naturally and she has great court vision which allows her to always find an open teammate.

2. Ashley Howard, Clarkrange - Though there are many stars on this team, Howard has been the most dominant, and consistent, of the bunch. Leads her team in scoring and rebounding. When the game is on the line for the Lady Buffaloes, Howard is the go-to player of choice.

3. Alecia Weatherly, Perry County - In my opinion, she is the best, and possibly most dominant, all around player in 1A. She can post up, drive the lane, shoot the 3, handle the ball under pressure, and dominate the boards. She is a monster inside on defense and no one is as mentally tough as this young lady.

Others who could get a Miss Basketball nomination and get into the race:

4. Kris Ross - Jackson County

5. Jordan Ramsey - Clarkrange

6. Megan Perry - Westmoreland

I'm sure there is somone from either Oliver Springs, Oneida, Cloudland, or Coalfield who is capable of maybe getting a nomination. However, I don't think there is anyone out that way that is a Lacondra Mason type player, who got a nomination last year while at Chattanooga Christian.

Edited by ptguard12

with Cait being hurt the triple A is wide open. I think all the players above have taken there teams to a higher level. Right now I would have to go with Mooney (go Vandy) and Pickel as toprunners then Keke or maybe Pulelo as a long shot. I have seen all these four play and think they are top girls in Tennessee. Kerri Simpson would have been a longsot but she got hurt early in the year. i like Hudson fron Gleason in single a and I think Thomas will defend her title in double a. Brown should be a finalist again though and maybe Dudley.

All players talked about on here are great players. But Who has seen them play. Some are named because they have done well in the past. It would be nice if when they named the finalist that a group that vote would go see each girl play. But that is not going to happen anytime soon. So most of the time the player with the most hype get notice.

Now Each player named ARE GREAT PLAYERS and do what they need to do for their team.

Good Luck to each player. I have my favorites

Jackie Pickel, KeKe,

Brandi Brown, Jessica Mooney, Bonica Thomas(May have misspelled it)

I know these ladies, a little

How many Clarkrange games have you been to?

In 1A, I believe the winner will be one of the following (in no particular order):

1. Kayla Hudson, Gleason - In terms of guards in Tennessee, they just don't get much better then Hudson. A born leader with blindingly fast speed, she has superb court awareness on both the offensive and defensive end. Scoring comes naturally and she has great court vision which allows her to always find an open teammate.

2. Ashley Howard, Clarkrange - Though there are many stars on this team, Howard has been the most dominant, and consistent, of the bunch. Leads her team in scoring and rebounding. When the game is on the line for the Lady Buffaloes, Howard is the go-to player of choice.

3. Alecia Weatherly, Perry County - In my opinion, she is the best, and possibly most dominant, all around player in 1A. She can post up, drive the lane, shoot the 3, handle the ball under pressure, and dominate the boards. She is a monster inside on defense and no one is as mentally tough as this young lady.

Others who could get a Miss Basketball nomination and get into the race:

4. Kris Ross - Jackson County

5. Jordan Ramsey - Clarkrange

6. Megan Perry - Westmoreland

I'm sure there is somone from either Oliver Springs, Oneida, Cloudland, or Coalfield who is capable of maybe getting a nomination. However, I don't think there is anyone out that way that is a Lacondra Mason type player, who got a nomination last year while at Chattanooga Christian.

Class A- Jordan Ramsey-Clarkrange

Class AA- Brandi Brown-York