MS. BASKETBALL

raynoc

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think he is referring to Casha Foster. He is right. She is a fine player and CN got a good one--no doubt. But she is not Miss Basketball material. You may not like the point stat, but it is huge in considering such honors. She has a good team this year but as an individual she has not the credentials that it takes. Sorry if you don't want to hear that but its true. And you probably won't agree with the ones that will probably be finalists.

I agree, unfortunately, that the point stat is huge in considering Ms Basketball honors. It is important but there are other stats that are at least equal in my mind. utladyvols18 started a post on assists (see "Why no recognition" thread). It has gotten some good food for thought posts.

I obviously have to take issue with your thoughts that Casha Foster is not Miss Tennessee material. She may not put up huge #s for that glamorous stat...points (although she does have over 1,000), but her defense, assists, steals, ballhandling, running the point skills, and, amazingly, rebounds (she's only 5'4") are too good to overlook when you consider Miss Basketball candidates. When you say she doesn't have the credentials, which ones doesn't she have? Teams literally have to make, and adjust game plans around her. She may not draw the attention of those putting up big (glamorous) point stat, but to overrlook Casha's talent when picking Miss Tennessee would be plain wrong. She quietly goes about doing her business, and her business is putting together a total package basketball game, as well as any girl I've seen.

Yep, District 5, 3A has some exceptional talent...Pickel and Butler are the real deal...so is Casha.

I have seen Foster play and will admit she is a good player, but there are certainly a lot better players in all 3 cataglories. Brown from York is a lot better all around player than Foster, as is Thomas. Ramsey from Clarkrange is another outstanding all around player, both inside and outside the paint. Pickel is another and Cravens

from Clarkange (only 5'3") excellent ball handling and rebounding. So the list goes on and on. There are so many outstanding players in the State, it will be a really hard job picking just 3.

If there is a candidate from Jackson County, which i doubt there will be because they are such a balanced team it would be either Kristen Ross or Kristi Apple. :blink:

Yes the Jackson co. team is very balanced, but.

The horse that is leading the Jackson Co. stampede is Kristi APPLE.

Repeate after me; APPLE< APPLE<APPLE. B)

Edited by jimbo44

Bianca Thomas is the REAL DEAL.

Indeed, she is the real deal. She surpassed 2500 points tonight, and is on her way to be all time leading scorer at CCHS for [u]men and women[/u]. She had 30pts tonight and had 31 tuesday night. I feel this could be a repeat of Miss Basketball for Miss Thomas. Brown, as most everyone says on the forums, has it locked in, but don't discount Thomas.

I think Casha is a great ball player. I've watched her play for four years and she has great talent. Is she the greatest in the State? We won't know until the time comes for them to realse the results of Ms Basketball. There are a lot of great players in Tennessee. I've watched a lot them from going to CCHS games. Since I am from Cumberland County I will be for Casha but I also know there are some great basketball players in Tennesee.

I hope that Kayla Hudson will win Miss Basketball, but it seems that Alicia Weatherly from Perry Co. might have a slight edge. Last season, Weatherly would have been nominated except for her team mate, Krystal Edney. Her numbers were good enough, over 20 points per game and close to double digits in rebounds.

This year Weatherly has helped her team stay close in most games with an Edney- less team (Edney is back now). Weatherly's team mates are young but fairly good players, but Perry Co. supporting cast is not as good as Gleason's.

It appears that Gleason has an experienced starting 5 from top to bottom. The point is that Weatherly has had to carry the team. If Kayla Hudson doesn't win Miss Basketball this year, she most definitely will next year.

Bellamy is definitely going to be AA Miss Basketball.

Edited by westviewman