Baylor wins 23rd dualmeet

ru4mocs

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the disclaimer Soms Science Hill and Greeneville were about to take offense in the far reaches of the east.

Both had very good tourneys at Soddy today.

It's clear that both Science Hill and Greenville are top tens in the state. Red Bank has impressed me for the most part this season, but not sure about them making the top ten (statewide or otherwise)

Again, as far as Middle vs. Chat. area teams (without any north GA teams, aka Ringgold)...I see two middle TN teams, MBA and Clarksville*, in the top five and an even split overall in the top ten. The advantage goes to Middle TN teams in a total top twenty and huge advantage to Mid. TN teams in the top thirty based on sheer numbers.

*Note: Bradley could step it up and beat Clarksville; I know they are working their tails off. I do not see anyone but MC, Bay and maybe SD pulling out a win against Frank's Big Red.

Bear Cat, no problem. I ventilated some, & too much, as you witnessed on here and in person, but there hasn't been a direct cut to anyone"VIP to me downthere" of late either. I did hold my tongue on the time change/attendance comment though. This weekend should be exciting!!

Sure wish your Irish the best in the coming weeks. :thumb:

Soms

Reminder: These opinions are all about duals and my take on the top five or ten may change some in a combined d1/d2 individual tournament. BCB, I don't see MORE THAN 3-4 of Mid-TN wins possbile, after the first 5 matches/losses, if you went staight up as you suggest. Sly dog (wink-wink) On the other hand - Pools could prove otherwise you know.

Edited by Sommers

It's clear that both Science Hill and Greenville are top tens in the state. Red Bank has impressed me for the most part this season, but not sure about them making the top ten (statewide or otherwise)

Again, as far as Middle vs. Chat. area teams (without any north GA teams, aka Ringgold)...I see two middle TN teams, MBA and Clarksville*, in the top five and an even split overall in the top ten. The advantage goes to Middle TN teams in a total top twenty and huge advantage to Mid. TN teams in the top thirty based on sheer numbers.

*Note: Bradley could step it up and beat Clarksville; I know they are working their tails off. I do not see anyone but MC, Bay and maybe SD pulling out a win against Frank's Big Red.

Bear Cat, no problem. I ventilated some, & too much, as you witnessed on here and in person, but there hasn't been a direct cut to anyone"VIP to me downthere" of late either. I did hold my tongue on the time change/attendance comment though. This weekend should be exciting!!

Sure wish your Irish the best in the coming weeks. :thumb:

Soms

Reminder: These opinions are all about duals and my take on the top five may change some in a combined d1/d2 individual tournament.

You see MBA beating Bradley. Are you sure about that?

Edited by mtnrasslin

Baylor will stay in the east improving their record by wrestling weaker teams

That is just so mature of you too say!! I guess since you are so mature and everything it was just too hard for you to go to the Baylor School website and take a gander at their schedule...hmm...well that just might be. I don't even go to that school but even I know that they have a harder schedule then 80 % of the teams from around here. Yah, what about Parkveiw, Mccallie, Collins Hill, Ringgold....Yah exactly..

and by the way their website is www.baylorschool.org ....jsut in case you want to actually look at their schedule.

That is just so mature of you too say!! I guess since you are so mature and everything it was just too hard for you to go to the Baylor School website and take a gander at their schedule...hmm...well that just might be. I don't even go to that school but even I know that they have a harder schedule then 80 % of the teams from around here. Yah, what about Parkveiw, Mccallie, Collins Hill, Ringgold....Yah exactly..

and by the way their website is www.baylorschool.org ....jsut in case you want to actually look at their schedule.

So I just went to the website you so kindly provided, and I read their schedule as you suggested, and I was not impressed. Half of those schools on there I have not even heard of. I mean look at the margins Baylor beat the teams by. I agree that Baylor is a strong team and could beat most teams in the state, but I disagree in that they have a very tough schedule. Looking at it, I find 3 or 4 tough matches and one tough tournament. Wanting to keep your records in good condition is all fine and good, but give the boys some real competition. Congrats on your 23rd dual meet win, but it doesn't look like it was all that hard of a feat...

So I just went to the website you so kindly provided, and I read their schedule as you suggested, and I was not impressed. Half of those schools on there I have not even heard of. I mean look at the margins Baylor beat the teams by. I agree that Baylor is a strong team and could beat most teams in the state, but I disagree in that they have a very tough schedule. Looking at it, I find 3 or 4 tough matches and one tough tournament. Wanting to keep your records in good condition is all fine and good, but give the boys some real competition. Congrats on your 23rd dual meet win, but it doesn't look like it was all that hard of a feat...

Who would you suggest Baylor add to the schedule to toughen it up? We will wrestle the Tennessee's top 5 except Bradley. That exception is not Baylor's decision. We have always wrestled ND, but no more. That was not Baylor's decision either. We wrestle the best that Georgia and Alabama have to offer. Next I guess we should go North. Please chime in. I am sure Jim Morgan would welcome your input in scheduling the coming years.

Edited by mtnrasslin

So I just went to the website you so kindly provided, and I read their schedule as you suggested, and I was not impressed. Half of those schools on there I have not even heard of.

Dude, if you know anything about Collins Hill, Parkview, McEachern or Ringgold (or McCallie or Soddy for that matter), and you still say you're not impressed, you're in denial. Okay?

Dude, if you know anything about Collins Hill, Parkview, McEachern or Ringgold (or McCallie or Soddy for that matter), and you still say you're not impressed, you're in denial. Okay?

Dude... I think you are missing out on the part where I mentioned a few of their matches being tough. Believe me, I know how tough Parkview, McEachern, Collins Hill, Ringgold, Soddy, and McCallie are.... but you have to admit that there are a lot of weaker matches on there. Alot more than tough matches. I'm not here to point fingers at anyone, and I am definitely not going to get on here and tell Baylor who they need to schedule for upcoming years. But I just think that there could be tougher matches. Nothing wrong with that, just voicing my opinion and thoughts... It's good to have good personal records and team records. Not a thing wrong with that...

I am definitely not going to get on here and tell Baylor who they need to schedule for upcoming years. But I just think that there could be tougher matches.

You say Baylor could schedule tougher matches, but you won't make any suggestions. You think maybe that's because you can't come up with any suggestions? I sure do.

Baylor Should go up north for a little bit more competion this year. Mater Dei high school in Evansville would give them a heck of a match (they have won eight Indiana State Championships running and no offense to TN high school wrestling but it is a lot harder up there). Also if they really wanted to challenge themselves thae would have gone up to Ohio for some sort of dual tournament. Baylor has a heck of a program but if they wanted to they could travel north for some really tough competion they probably could have.