DISTRICT 5-AA

Central_Charger

Yeah...well, that takes care of that...

You know, I've watched this thread over the last few days, just waiting for the next stupid comment to be made. As for state titles, Central won multiple individual state track and field (both) titles during the early 1980's. So to say someone is lying is pretty stupid unless you know it. I know it, as I was there and saw the medal awards, and also have some pictures, too, if you'd like to see them.

I was at Central when Polk won their girls title, and most Central fans were happy for them. We (the big blue) were only winning three district and two region titles in men's basketball during that time (4 yrs). Oh yeah, we lost to the eventual state champion Memphis East team (with 3 Division I signees) in the '83 Final Four. And if I remember correctly, or unless my annual is misprinted, we won three regionals in men's track and field from '81 to '83, and two in women's. Does Polk have a track team yet, or do they still go to school in the the same building they did 20 years ago?

I'm not trying to be an a__hole here, just a realist. Intelligence would tell you a longstanding tradition of winning at many sports would gain you many enemies, while mediocrity with one state title will gain you a few folks who only remember one great year. One championship does not a dynasty build, just see Texas Southern!?! All you guys need to get a grip, get a life, and get over the reality that is the McMinn Central Chargers.

And one more thing while I'm on the history lesson, if Coach Cornwall hadn't retired early in his career, he'd probably have 600 wins by now. I can all but assure you that! Peace out!!!!! :thumb:

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, I've watched this thread over the last few days, just waiting for the next stupid comment to be made. As for state titles, Central won multiple individual state track and field (both) titles during the early 1980's. So to say someone is lying is pretty stupid unless you know it. I know it, as I was there and saw the medal awards, and also have some pictures, too, if you'd like to see them.

I was at Central when Polk won their girls title, and most Central fans were happy for them. We (the big blue) were only winning three district and two region titles in men's basketball during that time (4 yrs). Oh yeah, we lost to the eventual state champion Memphis East team (with 3 Division I signees) in the '83 Final Four. And if I remember correctly, or unless my annual is misprinted, we won three regionals in men's track and field from '81 to '83, and two in women's. Does Polk have a track team yet, or do they still go to school in the the same building they did 20 years ago?

I'm not trying to be an a__hole here, just a realist. Intelligence would tell you a longstanding tradition of winning at many sports would gain you many enemies, while mediocrity with one state title will gain you a few folks who only remember one great year. One championship does not a dynasty build, just see Texas Southern!?! All you guys need to get a grip, get a life, and get over the reality that is the McMinn Central Chargers.

And one more thing while I'm on the history lesson, if Coach Cornwall hadn't retired early in his career, he'd probably have 600 wins by now. I can all but assure you that! Peace out!!!!! :thumb:

You said it all...

well F.Y.I. Polk has more than one state title too, so whose makin themself look like and idiot now.......................

well F.Y.I. Polk has more than one state title too, so whose makin themself look like and idiot now.......................

Like the one guy said you need multiple championships to become a dynasty. Not 1 or 2 here and there. Fact is Central will absolutely handle Polk County. I hope I don't have a game that night because if I don't I will be there watching Polk get spanked!

I can't speak for everybody else that looks at these boards but speaking for myself I am about sick and tired of hearing how GREAT Central is and how GREAT Polk used to be. How bout sticking a sock in it for a while, or better yet, stick a pacifier in it (since all of you are obviously about 1 year old).

Im guessin you're from WV based on your name...you go on somewhere, yall are trash too...

This whole debate was started pretty much becuz some dude earlier said Polk has a state title and Central doesn't...I think the fact that Central has one is good enough for us...

No, it was started because someone from Polk voiced thier opinion about their team and you started runnin your mouth bout how it would never happen.

People thought the Colt's gettin beat would never happen.

People thought "the curse of the bambino" would never be broken.

But if your lookin on the high school level, look no farther than last years football season. Fulton, defending 3a champs, Barely sneaks into the playoffs. Livingston makes the playoffs a 4th seed, 5-5 team only to go on to win the state championship. South Pitt goes 10-2, only losses are to state champs Trousdale Co., with the youngest team in school history. Dyersburg losing to a 2-8 team in the first round. The list goes on and on...

I'm in no way saying Polk will beat Central, but you can't just say it WON'T happen. Thats why they play, and if you played a sport like you say you did then you would know that.

Calling people and schools trash really doesn't say much for yourself or your school, no matter what your record is in any sport.

Edited by Rt-21CBTrap

No, it was started because someone from Polk voiced thier opinion about their team and you started runnin your mouth bout how it would never happen.

But if your lookin on the high school level, look no farther than last years football season. Fulton, defending 3a champs, Barely sneaks into the playoffs. Livingston makes the playoffs a 4th seed, 5-5 team only to go on to win the state championship. South Pitt goes 10-2, only losses are to state champs Trousdale Co., with the youngest team in school history. Dyersburg losing to a 2-8 team in the first round. The list goes on and on...

I'm in no way saying Polk will beat Central, but you can't just say it WON'T happen. Thats why they play, and if you played a sport like you say you did then you would know that.

Calling people and schools trash really doesn't say much for yourself or your school, no matter what your record is in any sport.

That says it all.

Great little passionate (albeit useless) argument. Please don't butcher the English language anymore. Apostrophes express ownership or contractions, not plural. The professional football team located in central Indiana is the Indianapolis COLTS (not Colt's).

And if Polk Co. defeats McMinn Central in basketball in 2006, prepare for a rising from graves for the end has truly arrived.

LOL, this gets better and better...All I did was "give my oppinion" which was polk won't be beating Central (and I still defend that, by the way...) Furthermore, yes, I realize upsets do happen...you're forgetting where I come from, we upset Walker Valley my senior year...who was supposed to slaughter us...but basketball and football are two very different sports...and upsets happen on both sides, I know...I have experienced both sides of an upset...and the one side is not fun...but seeing as how you have an oppinion that Polk will beat Central, lets hear how you suppose this will happen...???