2006 TNT State Tournament (boys)

ptguard12

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know anything about the AA bracket????? I have a copy of the bracket I was just wondering who the tough teams are. Hope to see Linden bring it home. They have an oustanding boys team starting THREE SIXTH GRADERS as they are currently 21-5.

What are the other teams in the bracket and who plays who?

AA upper bracket

South Pitt vs. Scotts Hill 2/4

Eastside vs. Trinity Christian 2/10----Allons plays winner 2/11

Lower bracket

Rutherford vs. Nashville Christian 2/10

Linden vs. St Vincent 2/4----Philadelphia plays winner 2/11

Hmmm...here is what I know (which isn't much):

South Pittsburg - There is an entire post about them.

Scotts Hill - They weren't real impressive when I saw them, but they could have gotten better.

Eastside - Not sure who this is.

Trinity Christian - There record is like 6 - 10 or something like that (I know it's below .500). If the TNT chooses teams based on record, I'm not real sure how they got in.

Allons - Defending 1A State Champion and is always really tough. Usually has quite a bit of size and speed.

Rutherford - Plays in a pretty easy Gibson County conference. Not real sure how good they are though.

Nashville Christian - I heard they were decent with some size inside.

Linden - Won 20+ games. A very young and small team.

St. Vincent - One of the better teams out of the catholic league in Nashville (if this is the right St. Vincent's).

Philadelphia - Has played TNT before, but I'm not real sure where this is even at.

Edited by ptguard12

Linden is a small and young team. But however they have two shooters one is a sixth grade version of J.J. Redick (lol) well not exactly. They all shoot the ball well and are one of the fastest teams I have ever seen. Tough to play this team in any defensive set. Being small has hurt them very little due to the shooting ability they have. They do have two good size post players and one that can easily get 5 + blocks a game. I look for them to surprise people

Edited by zach0014

A little update on the Allons boys in the AA bracket. This team is currently playing in the Class A Bracket of the James C. Haile Invitational Tournament where they have posted a 47 - 31 win over Crab Orchard and a 56 - 38 win over Nashville Christian. Looks like the defending 1A TNT Champions are looking pretty good. However, they should get a pretty tough test in their quarterfinal game against a very good Pickett County team.

Edited by ptguard12

Is the TNT Tournament for private schools? Where and when is it played?

No…This is an invitational state tournament. There are a total of 47 teams participating this year in 5 classifications. The TNT is played in Springfield. They use both the Middle school and the Civic Center gyms.

The TNT starts February 3rd and runs through February 18th.