2006 TNT State Tournament (boys)

ptguard12

.... Something on Beaver,i saw them play they have big strong post and even have shooters.#54 had an outstanding performance,the team runs a tight defence,and if they are off they are still almost unbeatable.Around the arc is #31 witch is the tallest but can shoot.then #23,#44, are the guards and can shoot the 3 well.#25 witch comes off the bench can also shoot,and has a tight defence.they also have a guard that has bruised ribs and can shoot the 3 with good percentage......THEY CAN PLAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THEY HAVE AN OUTSTANDING BENCH.

GOOD LUCK!!! THEY ARE GOOD.....

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Friday night:

Greenbrier-44 Sequatchie County-29

Saturday:

Greenbrier-27 Cleveland-52

Cleveland has not lost a game in 2 years and appears to be the front runner to win the 5-A bracket. They will face a solid David Lipscomb team next weekend in the semi finals. Lipscomb defeated an undefeated Springfield team by 19.

An MBA vs. Cleveland Championship would be fun to watch.

Cleveland has a guard that is really good by the name of Derek Jackson am I correct?

Cleveland has a guard that is really good by the name of Derek Jackson am I correct?

No. Their main shoting guard is Ish Sanders. I saw them play this last weekend and about 9 deep. Their best all around player is on the bench. I heard He blew out his knee. He is one of the best in the state as is their shooting guard, Ish, and point guard, I think his name is AJ Frazier. I don't know the rest of the guys but they have a 6'3 three guard and a couple of good posts. They could be one of the best teams in the state as well as have some of the best players.

Ptguard12's TNT Predictions

1A

Hilham over Lakeview - Hilham should get a good test from Monteagle in the semifinals before playing Lakeview in the Championship Game. Hilham will have a sizeable height advantage over Lakeview which should present some problems inside for the boys from New Johnsonville.

2A

Allons over Rutherford - Allons absolutely dominated the James C. Haile Tournament and there is no reason to suspect they won't do the same here. Undefeated Rutherford, however, should give Allons a better game then anyone in Murfreesboro was able to give them.

3A

Beaver over Holy Rosary - The best game in this tournament will be between Beaver and Tracy City in the semi-finals. Considering the undefeated boys from Lexington get past Tracy City, they should have little to no problem with Holy Rosary, who is in the much weaker lower bracket, in the final.

4A

Waynesboro over Winner of West Carroll/Caywood - After defeating Liberty in the James C. Haile, I don't see anyone in this bracket that could give the Wildcats of Waynesboro much of a game. Unless I am overlooking a really good team, then they should run away with the 4A title. Best game of the tourney could be the semi-final game between West Carroll and Caywood.

5A

Cleveland over Whoever Emerges From Top Bracket - Cleveland has way too much talent and offensive firepower for anyone to really play them close. The top bracket is the tougher of the two and I'm not exactly sure who will make the finals out of those five teams. All are pretty good so it's anyones game. If I had to pick, I would probably go with Montgomery Bell Academy.

Ptguard12's TNT Predictions

1A

[

5A

Cleveland over Whoever Emerges From Top Bracket - Cleveland has way too much talent and offensive firepower for anyone to really play them close. The top bracket is the tougher of the two and I'm not exactly sure who will make the finals out of those five teams. All are pretty good so it's anyones game. If I had to pick, I would probably go with Montgomery Bell Academy.

Cleveland will have their hands full with a very solid David Lipscomb team this weekend. If they don't get upset by DL, they will face undefeated MBA in the finals. MBA will not lose in the upper bracket.

This will be a classic championship game between two unbeatens. Trust me...MBA will play Cleveland close and are very capable of winning.

Cleveland will have their hands full with a very solid David Lipscomb team this weekend. If they don't get upset by DL, they will face undefeated MBA in the finals. MBA will not lose in the upper bracket.

This will be a classic championship game between two unbeatens. Trust me...MBA will play Cleveland close and are very capable of winning.

I haven't seen MBA, but I had a feeling they were pretty good and would make it to the final. I have seen both Cleveland and David Lipscomb play before and I would be rather shocked if David Lipscomb could keep the game within 10 points. I just don't see them matching up well with a much larger, faster, and more athletic Cleveland team. I hope the final is a good one as I plan on seeing most of the Championship Games, including this one.

LAKEVIEW IS ALSO IN THAT BRACKET I BELIEVE. AND IF MEMORY SERVES ME RIGHT LAKEVIEW WON YOUR CONFERENCE TOURNAMENT. FROM WHAT I HEAR THEY HAVE A VERY STRONG AND ATHLETIC GROUP OF KIDS WITH QUITE ALOT OF SPEED. IS THIS TRUE?

Ya!!thats true i am a startin player for lakeview andLindin handed us our ONLY lose but we have bout 8 good ppl who can sub in and out without hurting us any But in the AA bracet i would like to see Lindin bring it all the way.........Good Luck...And no we aint in that bracket we r in 1A..Ya we are goin all the way

Edited by Postdominator#13

Hey PtGuard12. Do you think South Pitt can stay within 20 points of Allons in the top bracket semifinal game? I think this team may be one of the top 3 or 4 teams in the 2A bracket.

I think if South Pittsburg comes out playing thier "A" game without being intimidated by the the name of "Allons," then it should be a pretty good game. Allons strives in these end of the year tournaments, but they are coming off a loss to Hilham in their county tournament, so they are vulnerable. These teams matchup pretty well, but I think this game will probably be won on the boards.

How bad did South Pittsburg beat Scotts Hill Saturday?

I was not at the game, but the coach told me they won by 9 I think. They are usually a very good shooting team and I think they had a bad day. Seems like one person told me they were 5-31 on free throws, but still won by 9. According to the fans that were at the game it was by far the worst they have played. I would have liked to see a SP/Allons championship game in Murfreesboro, but they got upset by 1. One thing that may help them is the fact that they have never played each other.