2006 TNT State Tournament (boys)

ptguard12

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lakeview vs. Monteagle in Championship for 1A, GO JACKETS!!!!

Monteagle suprised me with their tough inside game to match their quick guard play in their win over Hilham. Lakeview will have to play better then they did in their 1st two games, if they expect to win the 1A Championship. Good luck to both teams.

Ptguard12's TNT Predictions

1A

Hilham over Lakeview - Hilham should get a good test from Monteagle in the semifinals before playing Lakeview in the Championship Game. Hilham will have a sizeable height advantage over Lakeview which should present some problems inside for the boys from New Johnsonville.

2A

Allons over Rutherford - Allons absolutely dominated the James C. Haile Tournament and there is no reason to suspect they won't do the same here. Undefeated Rutherford, however, should give Allons a better game then anyone in Murfreesboro was able to give them.

3A

Beaver over Holy Rosary - The best game in this tournament will be between Beaver and Tracy City in the semi-finals. Considering the undefeated boys from Lexington get past Tracy City, they should have little to no problem with Holy Rosary, who is in the much weaker lower bracket, in the final.

4A

Waynesboro over Winner of West Carroll/Caywood - After defeating Liberty in the James C. Haile, I don't see anyone in this bracket that could give the Wildcats of Waynesboro much of a game. Unless I am overlooking a really good team, then they should run away with the 4A title. Best game of the tourney could be the semi-final game between West Carroll and Caywood.

5A

Cleveland over Whoever Emerges From Top Bracket - Cleveland has way too much talent and offensive firepower for anyone to really play them close. The top bracket is the tougher of the two and I'm not exactly sure who will make the finals out of those five teams. All are pretty good so it's anyones game. If I had to pick, I would probably go with Montgomery Bell Academy.

Well, I got half of 1A correct. A lackluster performance by Hilham against a better-then-expected Monteagle team, put Monteagle in the finals against Lakeview.

I had the final two teams in 2A correct, just wrong on who would win the final game. I was unaware of just how talented Rutherford was. Regardless, the 2 best teams in that bracket made it to the finals which is how all the brackets should be.

All of my teams in 3A and 4A are still alive, but Cleveland in 5A got taken down by Lipscomb. I must admit that I underestimated David Lipscomb. I had seen them play once and I really didn't find them to be all that impressive. I don't know if it was just because they were playing a pretty pitiful team or what but I didn't forsee them beating Cleveland. Congrats to them and good luck to them in the finals.

Good luck to all the remaining teams.

Was anyone surprised by Rutherford's win against Allons? (I wasn't as I've watched them go undefeated this season 26-0) So much was said about the strength of Allon's team, which was probably deserved, but nothing has been said about their defeat except some complaints about officiating.

What is there to say??? If you were there you seen it all. This was a good match up.... Rutherford has a very good team...as does Allons. If you were there...you can't act like you wasn't worried about Rutherford losing. It was a 2-3 point game (both teams back & forth for the lead) until late in the 3rd. #23 for Allons set out most of the second half due to an injury (from a foul where a player knocked him to the floor) but that's right we shouldn't complain about the officiating because we lost. The complaint about the refs was deserved!! This is the 2nd kid from Overton County that has come back from this tournament hurt because Refs let the game get to rough. We had a girl that ended up with 7 stitches over her eye & a 6in bruise up her side (from a player hanging on to her & pinching her side)...do you know what the bad thing is...the ref never called a foul against the other girl. Now do you understand our dilemma???? We have complained about the officiating for very good reasons.

Allons lost…what else is there to say??? Rutherford is a good team & played well…. the refs set the tone of the game by allowing all of the fouls…you can’t blame the kids for trying to get away with it. No one from Allons is trying to take away the glory from Rutherford by complaining about the Refs. I would have liked to seen the kids play ….. It was a good match up. Congrats to Rutherford…your boys played hard.