Underrated Seniors going anywhere?

cherries

It'd too not to.

Ole Dad

Ole Krusty, Do you visit all the boards and monitor spelling and grammar? You must have a really exciting life. Or maybe you just like trying to make yourself feel smarter than others. By the way if you are going to correct someone at least make sure you do it correctly.

Edited by NickOrlando

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would hope that if you actually graduated from ORHS that you were taught the difference between to and too. In any case, I did know Nick Orlando well and you have chosen to use his name in an environment where people admired him and loath you for using his name. Now that's Krusty!

Ole Krusty Dad

Ole Krusty, Do you visit all the boards and monitor spelling and grammar? You must have a really exciting life. Or maybe you just like trying to make yourself feel smarter than others. By the way if you are going to correct someone at least make sure you do it correctly.

I've heard it all "to slow, to small, grades, etc." the bottom line is that while alot of these players are not good enough to play at the D1 level I believe some of them are. Spencer Gulmire, T.C. Jennings, and R. Coffey for example, I believe have what it takes to play at the D1 level. For example, if the University of Tennessee had more players like Gulmire and Jennings on there team instead of a bunch of Thug heartless gutless wonders that probably major in Swine Husbandry, maybe they could keep their team out of touble and in the win column. Gulmire and Jennings are talented enough to play D1. They both also have something that alot of D1 players don't have and that is heart, determination and an excellent work ethic. Who ever is fortunate enough to get some of these players will be extremely lucky.

I agree with some of your post and with HTV's.

I contend it is more about size, growth potential and speed than any other factors. No question in my mind the kid from OR would have more choices if he were 6-2 or better with 4.8 speed. Or his uncle or Dad played major college ball. I think UT's Fulmer does not want many local kids so he won't have to worry about them hanging with their hommies during the off times. (Hommies is a generic term so don't go racial on me) Heck the school needs a full time police squad just to keep up with the current stable of thugs that are there mainly there because of size and speed. A kid with size and speed who can walk and chew gum could play any position and often does in HS and is moved around it the college game to where the staff think they need him.

I could have told you, as many others knew UT’s RB Riggs would be a bust at UT. Grades, work ethic were second to speed, size and heck look at the great career his dad had! But UT did not requite very well during that time and the kid didn’t get much playing time till his senior season. Not picking on the kid but anyone can run through a big hole for 3-5 yards. Gilmer, Talent, Stewart, C. Jackson, Tutor and quite a few others could carry the ball at the D1 level, but all were/are slower and smaller than a kid like Riggs. In Riggs defense he never was healthy, maybe the work ethic or maybe just science. Good luck to all kids seeking money for college through sports.

I agree with some of your post and with HTV's.

I contend it is more about size, growth potential and speed than any other factors. No question in my mind the kid from OR would have more choices if he were 6-2 or better with 4.8 speed. Or his uncle or Dad played major college ball. I think UT's Fulmer does not want many local kids so he won't have to worry about them hanging with their hommies during the off times. (Hommies is a generic term so don't go racial on me) Heck the school needs a full time police squad just to keep up with the current stable of thugs that are there mainly there because of size and speed. A kid with size and speed who can walk and chew gum could play any position and often does in HS and is moved around it the college game to where the staff think they need him.

I could have told you, as many others knew UT’s RB Riggs would be a bust at UT. Grades, work ethic were second to speed, size and heck look at the great career his dad had! But UT did not requite very well during that time and the kid didn’t get much playing time till his senior season. Not picking on the kid but anyone can run through a big hole for 3-5 yards. Gilmer, Talent, Stewart, C. Jackson, Tutor and quite a few others could carry the ball at the D1 level, but all were/are slower and smaller than a kid like Riggs. In Riggs defense he never was healthy, maybe the work ethic or maybe just science. Good luck to all kids seeking money for college through sports.

While he never did do what many believed he might at UT, I don't think it's fair to call Gerald Riggs, Jr. a "bust" at UT. He did rush for over 1,100 yards in his junior year splitting time with Ced Houston - the only year that he was able to avoid injury. Who knows what he might have done as a senior if he weren't hurt early in the year? He also missed 4 games as a sophomore due to an ankle injury as a sophomore.

If he can get over the injury problems Riggs, Jr. will have a great shot at making an NFL roster.

Edited by HTV

Thugs and players that play for themselves obviously doesn't win in the SEC either as UT is prooving.

Funny thing - those same "thugs and players that play for themselves" won an SEC East title the year before and darn near won the over all SEC crown. I guess talent does help. :thumb:

UT had a bad year in 2005. Is that a pattern or a one year thing? We'll see what happens next year.

Edited by HTV

Funny thing - those same "thugs and players that play for themselves" won an SEC East title the year before and darn near won the over all SEC crown. I guess talent does help. :thumb:

UT had a bad year in 2005. Is that a pattern or a one year thing? We'll see what happens next year.

UT would recruit from the state prison system before recruiting someone in this state. Parys Haralson ejected from senior bowl. Another upstanding out of state guy.

UT would recruit from the state prison system before recruiting someone in this state. Parys Haralson ejected from senior bowl. Another upstanding out of state guy.

How in the world do you come up with that?

Here's an assigment for you: Go to UT's roster and look at the scholarship players on UT's roster. Now look at how many of them are from Tennessee. Now look at the population of Tennessee compared to the surrounding states - Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana. Those are the states where the universities that UT competes with in most years for SEC East and SEC overall championships SEC are located.

For the population, UT takes a large number of players from instate. They have to recuit nationally to compete at the highest level of college football. There just aren't enough players of that caliber in Tennessee to allow them to stay instate like UGA, Florida, and LSU normally can.

Sure, UT could recruit primarily in the state, but then 5-6 would be the norm instead of the exception. I can promise you that UT fans who support the program wouldn't accept that.

Again, the kids you are talking about have ZERO, that's ZERO D1A offers, and I don't believe they even have any D1-AA offers at this time, either. Why should UT offer them?

Instead of throwing "thug" and "state prison" barbs, why don't you try coming up with a thoughtful and somewhat reasonable answer to back your allegations?

How in the world do you come up with that?

Here's an assigment for you: Go to UT's roster and look at the scholarship players on UT's roster. Now look at how many of them are from Tennessee. Now look at the population of Tennessee compared to the surrounding states - Georgia, Florida, Alabama, Louisiana. Those are the states where the universities that UT competes with in most years for SEC East and SEC overall championships SEC are located.

For the population, UT takes a large number of players from instate. They have to recuit nationally to compete at the highest level of college football. There just aren't enough players of that caliber in Tennessee to allow them to stay instate like UGA, Florida, and LSU normally can.

Sure, UT could recruit primarily in the state, but then 5-6 would be the norm instead of the exception. I can promise you that UT fans who support the program wouldn't accept that.

Again, the kids you are talking about have ZERO, that's ZERO D1A offers, and I don't believe they even have any D1-AA offers at this time, either. Why should UT offer them?

Instead of throwing "thug" and "state prison" barbs, why don't you try coming up with a thoughtful and somewhat reasonable answer to back your allegations?

Good post and very true. Good luck to all the kid's trying to make it.

Funny thing - those same "thugs and players that play for themselves" won an SEC East title the year before and darn near won the over all SEC crown. I guess talent does help. ;)

The viles have under achieved now for sveral years with the exception of the year Ainge was a Freshmen. Those same thugs went 5-6 this year could have been much worse except for some good luck. The good years are over we are seeing the end of this era. VANDY enough said. I hope Ucheat gets to play against The player from Oak Ridge and from Ravenwood so they can see what a football player with heart, class and ability looks like. It makes you wonder about all those top 5 recruting classes that they have had.Overrated or under coached?

The viles have under achieved now for sveral years with the exception of the year Ainge was a Freshmen. Those same thugs went 5-6 this year could have been much worse except for some good luck. The good years are over we are seeing the end of this era. VANDY enough said. I hope Ucheat gets to play against The player from Oak Ridge and from Ravenwood so they can see what a football player with heart, class and ability looks like. It makes you wonder about all those top 5 recruting classes that they have had.Overrated or under coached?

So, how is UT going to be playing against those two when they have no D1-A offers? Yep, those kids have a lot of heart, but heart alone doesn't get you to D1-A football.

Edited by HTV