Which coaches throw the best temper tantrum?

Dossman

i second the Gene McBee vote. Anyone who is from or has ever been to a Summertown game when he was coach, knows that he can throw a real fit.

I even go back further than that at Columbia State. One funny thing we went to the midwest regionals at St. Louis when I was at C State and get there 3hrs early and couldn't understand why until we went to the shootaround and Marquette was on the floor and from nowhere a voice started yellin at McBee and he was yellin back and it was Al McGuire and they were best friends and we got to go on the floor during shootaround and it was cool! I know it is off topic but it was a McBee moment

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larry White owns this category. He is always yellin about somethin. He gets the job done though.

joe halfacre @ jackson co was so loud and presitant in his hollering that lemar rogers of clarkrange wanted him to be a preacher. he said if he converted sinners like he did officials he would have the largest congergation in tennessee

I even go back further than that at Columbia State. One funny thing we went to the midwest regionals at St. Louis when I was at C State and get there 3hrs early and couldn't understand why until we went to the shootaround and Marquette was on the floor and from nowhere a voice started yellin at McBee and he was yellin back and it was Al McGuire and they were best friends and we got to go on the floor during shootaround and it was cool! I know it is off topic but it was a McBee moment

I have never heard that one but that is a real good one. I have heard the time COACH BOB KNIGHT was about to start a clinic on defense and right at the beginning of his talk he saw Coach McBee in the crowd and said in a classic Knight voice,,, Well heck, Gene McBee knows more about defense than i do so i am going to let him take over now. And Coach McBee got up unprepared and spoke for 30 min about defense... TRUE STORY.............

Whenever you speak of Gene McBee you are speaking of a coaching legend that knows ever major coach in the nation. I love that man to death.