Metro Openings

otis

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest catfish-hunter

The application process has been opened back up because they only had 3 CERTIFIED people apply. A waiver will not cut it.

I saw that bigchief. The job will remain open until the deadline which is Feb. 14.

Guest catfish-hunter

Just like a catfish , all mouth and no brain!

Johnson is still an option tut. He is one of many that you'll hear quite a bit about over the course of the next week and a half :unsure:

Metro needs to ask it's self a question: Why did we only have 3 qualified coaches ask about the job?

I'll tell you why ... because it's a tough, demanding job.

After he's gone, people will realize what an incredible job Coach Fitzgerald has done at PC. Let's see, he's been coach, teacher, mentor, father, pastor, counselor, academic advisor, disciplinarian, and friend to dozens of kids who will run through a wall for him. He took PC from laughing stock to 2-time state champs, and done it with class.

Who else gonna do his job like he did? - NOBODY!

Guest catfish-hunter

I'll tell you why ... because it's a tough, demanding job.

After he's gone, people will realize what an incredible job Coach Fitzgerald has done at PC. Let's see, he's been coach, teacher, mentor, father, pastor, counselor, academic advisor, disciplinarian, and friend to dozens of kids who will run through a wall for him. He took PC from laughing stock to 2-time state champs, and done it with class.

Who else gonna do his job like he did? - NOBODY!

Maurice Fitzgerald will never be replaced at PC. He's one of those "larger than life" figures in the metro area. From week seven of the 1996 season throughout the 1998 season Pearl-Cohn might have been the most dominant football program that metro has ever seen. They were huge, physical, athletic, fast, and very well coached. Their record during that span of time was 34-3.

• 2 weeks later...

Maurice Fitzgerald will never be replaced at PC. He's one of those "larger than life" figures in the metro area. From week seven of the 1996 season throughout the 1998 season Pearl-Cohn might have been the most dominant football program that metro has ever seen. They were huge, physical, athletic, fast, and very well coached. Their record during that span of time was 34-3.

You are probaly too young to remember the Maplewood teams with Preston Brown, E. J. Junior, Dallas Hall and coached by Wes Elrod. They were pretty good and had a great record. Maybe the best Collection of football players to play on one team in Nashville.

Guest catfish-hunter

You are probaly too young to remember the Maplewood teams with Preston Brown, E. J. Junior, Dallas Hall and coached by Wes Elrod. They were pretty good and had a great record. Maybe the best Collection of football players to play on one team in Nashville.

I've only heard things but you are right because I am too young and you've gone back too far in time for me on that one.