12-aaa Freshman teams

cobrafan90

Looks like Antioch and Maplewood are the favorites.

Glencliff, MLK, Stratford and E. Lit are darkhorses.

Antioch beat Maplewood, Glencliff beat Antioch, Maplewood beat Glencliff, Stratford beat Glencliff, its anybody's yr.

MLK only lost by 4 to maplewood.

Maplewood better hope cantrell plays in the tourney. they seem to look lost and confused when he's not out there. by far they have the best talent, this side of antioch.

any news on antioch.

McGavock, HL, and WC won't be much of a factor.

Don't know about Pearl Cohn

HL scored 5 points against Maplewood.....................

MLK's disciplined style may cause fits come tourney time.

Antioch is the best team we have played. Either they had their best game of the season against us or they are #1. Maplewood is winning, but I really don't see how. They don't shoot or handle the ball very well. They do rebound well and are very big. Cantrell would be the difference maker. Glencliff hit 9 threes against us, but forced a lot of shots. We should have won both in regulation and the first OT. Ran out of gas in the 2OT. Stratford has a really good guard. I still think that MLK is the sleeper. Tournament seeding meeting is next Thursday. Should be an interesting week of basketball until then.

Antioch is the best team we have played. Either they had their best game of the season against us or they are #1. Maplewood is winning, but I really don't see how. They don't shoot or handle the ball very well. They do rebound well and are very big. Cantrell would be the difference maker. Glencliff hit 9 threes against us, but forced a lot of shots. We should have won both in regulation and the first OT. Ran out of gas in the 2OT. Stratford has a really good guard. I still think that MLK is the sleeper. Tournament seeding meeting is next Thursday. Should be an interesting week of basketball until then.

Should be interesting. Please let us know where we can find the brackets our find out where we can find the schedule.

Hey cobrafan,

I wanted to see the freshman play (MLK and WC), but by the time the middle school got through practicing I could not get there in time. Did you see the game? I am a little worried about next year for MLK (varsity). Freshman should be decent (not that I am partial to the middle school :lol: ).

We have a player on the freshman team they call "Crunch" and he's pretty good. But we need some more scorers. You know playing at MLK, they will always play tight defense, but you have to score.

I like Coach Haywood at Maplewood. You know his teams at Bass were great. I used to play for Haywood's father and they are good people. He should be a head coach at the varsity to level.

I hope I can catch the freshman tournament.

Maplewood's weakness is the guard play(minus cantrell). Glencliff lives and dies by the three. They will also run and press you to death. Maplewoods is winning off of their incredible height and size advantage. Stratford has bohannon, who can handle the ball with the best of them. When he gets hot they are tough to beat, but he has little help. Haven't seen E. Lit play. But I saw those kids play last yr as eight graders. Scrappy group. Would've been even better had miles stayed with them

MLK beat the brakes off of WC. MLK's personnel works well with their style. Two big posts who finish well around the basket. Two guards who take care of the ball and never stop playing defense.

It will probably come down to Maplewood and Antioch. But Glencliff is a scrappy team who shoots 3's well making up for their lack of size.

Stratford beat glencliff because it is impossible to press bohannon.

Edited by cobrafan90

Maplewood's weakness is the guard play(minus cantrell). Glencliff lives and dies by the three. They will also run and press you to death. Maplewoods is winning off of there incredible height and size advantage. Stratford has bohannon, who can handle the ball with the best of them. When he gets hot they are tough to beat, but he has little help. Haven't seen E. Lit play. But I saw those kids play last yr as eight graders. Scrappy group. Would've been even better had miles stayed with them

MLK beat the brakes off of WC. MLK's personnel works well with their style. Two big posts who finish well around the basket. Two guards who take care of the ball and never stop playing defense.

It will probably come down to Maplewood and Antioch. But Glencliff is a scrappy team who shoots 3's well making up for their lack of size.

Stratford beat glencliff because it is impossible to press bohannon.

\

I went to the middle school site. It is open to all during tournament time. Check out my post. I am trying to find out who is going to the tournament in the Eastern, South, and Northern part of town. You know I know about the West side. :lol: