Middle School Tournament time (Metro)

ebbybm

We want to settle it with Head. If we get past our next three games (Bass, Mckissack and Martha Vaught) and Head does the same, we will have the same record. How will the division champ be determined? If it is based on strength of schedule, we got that hands down, plus we beat Head. Head is the only tough team in our division that we did not have to play twice. That was changed this year. Bass is coming on strong. My son told me they took Head to two overtimes before Head won out. He have to go to their gym tonight so it should be pretty good.

Bass definitely has some athletes(could pull an upset or two). The tie breaker will go to MLK, based on head to head matchup(mlk beating head).

also jere baxter and haynes play each other at least once if not twice. i'll have to find out how those games turned out. saw JT moore against mckissack yesterday. good game for 3 quarters, then moore pulled away.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We want to settle it with Head. If we get past our next three games (Bass, Mckissack and Martha Vaught) and Head does the same, we will have the same record. How will the division champ be determined? If it is based on strength of schedule, we got that hands down, plus we beat Head. Head is the only tough team in our division that we did not have to play twice. That was changed this year. Bass is coming on strong. My son told me they took Head to two overtimes before Head won out. He have to go to their gym tonight so it should be pretty good.

If both of the teams win out, Mlk wins the tie breaker, because of the win against Head.

She's raw. and speed isn't her game............

Looks like MLK and Head are the top teams in the west.

I'll go ahead and predict the final 4 will be

MLK, Head, Jere Baxter, and Haynes...........

The top 3 teams on the other side match up well against Head and Mlk. Jere Baxter will be there. Haynes\Goodletsville\GraMar\EastLit will fight for the other spot.

The top 3 teams on the other side match up well against Head and Mlk. Jere Baxter will be there. Haynes\Goodletsville\GraMar\EastLit will fight for the other spot.

Sounds good. We played East Literature in an opening season jamboree. We faired pretty good against them, but a lot of teams have improved since then. Since we get through before the Eastern division I am going to try to catch some of the remaining games.

Does Haynes feed into Whites Creek or Hunter's Lane?

Sounds good. We played East Literature in an opening season jamboree. We faired pretty good against them, but a lot of teams have improved since then. Since we get through before the Eastern division I am going to try to catch some of the remaining games.

Whites Creek. :thumb: but that doesn't guarantee they will end up there. if they are there on the magnet school side they could end up anywhere.......

Haynes is an "option" school. They don't really feed into a particular high school, but I would think that the students would be "zoned" to those two high schools.

Whites Creek. <_< but that doesn't guarantee they will end up there. if they are there on the magnet school side they could end up anywhere.......

Maybe I can talk to Doc about being a recruiter for MLK. :thumb: You know the problem has been trying to get the grades and the tcap score to get in. Well I can't help with the grades but I found a sample tcap test out of this world. My son kept missing it by one point for the past two years (need 14). He had the gpa. I went over, and gave him this test a few weeks before tcap, his scores were off the chart in every category. I did the same with a friend of mine's child and she too got in after trying for a few years.

He used to play for Head. I sent an email to the coach over there to give him this info, but he did not reply. I understand if he wants to keep the 7th graders but give the 8th graders more of a chance to come over since Head feeds into MLK.

I may talk to Doc. Wish me luck!!!! :angry:

Maybe I can talk to Doc about being a recruiter for MLK. <_< You know the problem has been trying to get the grades and the tcap score to get in. Well I can't help with the grades but I found a sample tcap test out of this world. My son kept missing it by one point for the past two years (need 14). He had the gpa. I went over, and gave him this test a few weeks before tcap, his scores were off the chart in every category. I did the same with a friend of mine's child and she too got in after trying for a few years.

He used to play for Head. I sent an email to the coach over there to give him this info, but he did not reply. I understand if he wants to keep the 7th graders but give the 8th graders more of a chance to come over since Head feeds into MLK.

I may talk to Doc. Wish me luck!!!! :thumb:

I'm sure doc is on it. he has scouts all over the city. i'm sure he'll still appreciate it though.

i haven't seen many eastern games eiter except for dalewood. i've seen them twice.

Edited by cobrafan90

I'm sure doc is on it. he has scouts all over the city. i'm sure he'll still appreciate it though.

i haven't seen many eastern games eiter except for dalewood. i've seen them twice.

Well cobrafan the game between MLK and Bass was "hot" in the first half. It was fast past. We pulled it out in the second half. We won 44-25. Very high energy.