biggest gyms..

flyeagle33

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How could you say Clintons gym is one of the worst in the district. Myself, I actually think it is the nicest gym in the district. It may not be big but its the only dome type gym ive ever seen in high school basketball. Also it has the NBA style scoreboard hanging down from the center of the dome and they have the NBA style roll away goals. You also said Oak Ridges gym was bad too, i think it is the 2nd best gym. It has seats all the way around the court andits like a small colleges gym. But the best high school gym ive seen was Tennessee Highs. It looks like a small D1 colleges gym. It didnt just have bleachers it had individual seats and everything.

nice gyms i've attended: siegel, cookeville, blackman, baylor, GPS/McCallie

bad gyms i've attended:oakland :blink: , morristown east/west :o , smyrna (well the aux gym is sorry)

I personally think Morristown East has a nice gym,only thing that makes the atmosphere bad is that it is never filled. I can't remember the last time East had at least 500 people on the home side. Terrible backing by this community. Morristown maybe the worst town in East Tennessee for following their high schools. heck,relatives don't even show up to watch their kin folks.

i have not been to alot of places in east tn. but how many places are bigger than mcminn county.. i think that is a big high school gym?? just curious how many are that big around here. if there are any bigger then that do they have good crowds because mcminn has terrible crowds

Lexington hosted the district and regional tournment last year. :thumb:

Who's hosting the regional t'ment this year....Lexington :)

How many has "pretty nice" hosted???? :lol:

BigRedTiger - So true, I cannot wait for the Regionals. Our gym combined with the fans, Coach Gardner and Mack this place is going to be rockin like it never has before.

Blaintrain , I like the round houose and your scoreboard too, Lexington winning there all the time makes me feel like you know a home away from home.

Biggest gyms......not sure.

If your looking for nice high school gyms in this area, I like

Camden - Small gym but very nice.

Chester Co. - Good looking gym

Dyersburg - Has been a long time.

USJ - And nice campus.

Lexington - Great concourse area,

Seats 2500 fans, Full size practice

gym next door.

Bad Gyms: ;)

Huntington - looks old

Milan - Press box is a joke.

Gym is dark.

Henry Co and McNairy Central gyms look the same to me, round, scoreboard hanging from roof....I guess a big deal to have one??? :thumb:

i think Stewart County gym is the biggest and nicest in the state its humongous and is nicely in shape