East tenn 3a basketball

Eggs_suck

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree. I think the competition in East Tennessee this year is great. But, I don't think that either Science Hill or Bearden will reach the State Tournament. Bearden is having a truly great season, but they are doing it with smoke and mirrors. When they run up against a good defensive team, like those in District 3AAA, they will lose. Science Hill is not impressive either. Watted and Forney are all that they have. They would lose to Oak Ridge, Clinton, Halls, Powell or Bearden.

I disagree. I think the competition in East Tennessee this year is great. But, I don't think that either Science Hill or Bearden will reach the State Tournament. Bearden is having a truly great season, but they are doing it with smoke and mirrors. When they run up against a good defensive team, like those in District 3AAA, they will lose. Science Hill is not impressive either. Watted and Forney are all that they have. They would lose to Oak Ridge, Clinton, Halls, Powell or Bearden.

I dont disagree that the competition is good but I do not see a team winning many games in state. The talent level in the memphis area is crazy. Not to mention Shelbyville.

Greeneville has beaten Red Bank but theyve also lost to a couple of the other teams mentioned earlier in this post. I know theyve lost to Clinton for a fact. and Im pretty sure Oak Ridge beat them.

Not to make excuses but the Clinton and Oak Ridge games were early in the year. Greeneville is a different team half way through the season. They've added a player (Wiggins) and a couple of other players are nearing 100% health wise. Time will only tell. Good luck to all down the stretch.

Am I correct in saying the teams from East.Tn. would be paired with the two top teams from Memphis in the first round of the Tournment. If that is so, then it will be one and done for both teams from the East. There are some good teams in the Knoxville area and Greenville and Science Hill are pretty good. But you have to be a "great team" to win over the Memphis Schools. I don't think we have that this year.

Greeneville has beaten Red Bank but theyve also lost to a couple of the other teams mentioned earlier in this post. I know theyve lost to Clinton for a fact. and Im pretty sure Oak Ridge beat them.

Ok anyone who has seen red bank knows they are not a top 5 team in the state. If you can handle their pressure you can beat them easily as greeneville did. They are small and not smart, they have way to many unforced turn overs. Saying that I have no idea how to judge greeneville. Look at their sched. its a joke. Playing 2 a teams like chuckey doak and west greene does not make a team better. Greeneville is a good team if they match up with a quick pressing team like red bank and thats it. If they face a team with a big man down low they are toast. Greenville has 3 solid players they can put on the floor at one time and thats it, they have no depth at all. We will see how god they are when they play science hill next to last game in the season. Saying that I will stick by my statement of saying no east tenn teams do anything at state, besides maybe science hill (look aty their sched greeneville and see what teams you play to get respect) and with the latest probs at bearden take them out as a threat.