Oneida vs. Wartburg

killtacular

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your right Melton, and Dj didn't play much down here. Both are key assets to the team and are among the top players in the district. Melton is my favorite when he is on :thumb: . Oneida was athletic and those kinda teams only get better. Oneida will only get better but I'd say Wartburg will get whipped into shape come Tourny's. Best of Luck Indians and Good win tonight guys.

PS Anyone have the boxscore?

Oneida gave Wartburg all they wanted last night but the 3 minutes that all 5 of Oneida's starters were pulled ended up costing them the game. Wartburg came out and jumped on the Indians by 12 early in the 3rd quarter so all 5 players were taken out. Then in the next 3 minutes Wartburg went on an 8-0 run so they decided it was time to put the starters back in. When they came back in they pulled within 9 but could not get it any closer because the hole had already been dug. Not to say the starters would have kept it any closer than the end of the bench did but atleast there would be scorers on the floor. Being down by 1 and being down by 9 are totaly different in a game this big. In my opinion you don't try to make a point in that type of game. I guess the thing that bothers me the most is that it was back and forth the whole game(they would score 5-6 and we would score 5-6) and after they went on their little run we never had the chance to make ours. Oh well I have rambled enough. Good luck Friday against Coalfield.

The box score in the paper had Wartburg up by 18 after the 3rd not that close in my book

It was an 8 point game at halftime and Oneida had the lead a couple of times in the first 2 quarters. The game was won or lost, depending on who your were for, in the 3rd quarter and it was cut down to 9 in the 4th but free throws at the end of the game are what spread the point totals back out.

I would like to hear what Mr. Orangenation thought about the game last night.

Whew, that was a much nicer visual work-out than some of the games we have witness early this year. The fact that Wartburg lead by 18 at one point had no baring on the Indians clear improvement from the first game. It was a much better showing than I expected to be honest.

The girls game was Oneida down by two at the half, but their offensive outburst in the second half never got a serious response from the Lady Bulldogs. In the boys game it was similar, but every time the Bulldogs threaten to run away with it, Oneida continued to respond. Something they have not done much of until lately. I think they are a little tired of getting steamrolled, and have responded to their coaches suggestions. They might surprise someone before its all done. :o Although, when that happens and who that is, is still very much in question.

:thumb: Kaz :o

It was an 8 point game at halftime and Oneida had the lead a couple of times in the first 2 quarters. The game was won or lost, depending on who your were for, in the 3rd quarter and it was cut down to 9 in the 4th but free throws at the end of the game are what spread the point totals back out.

I would like to hear what Mr. Orangenation thought about the game last night.

To tell you the truth I knew that it would be tougher going in to the game this time, because it was at Oneida. It's always tougher playing away from HOME, but I also knew that Oneida had improved a lot. My hat is off to Oneida, they came out with the attitude that they wanted to win and that they wasn't going to be intemidated. That kept them in the game, I have the up most RESPECT for Oneida! Everybody thought we would win and we did, but when a team like Oneida or anybody else for that matter, goes in to a game that everybody thinks there going to lose and comes out and plays like we are just another team on there schedule, then you have to RESPECT that! If they keep that attitude about everything, then they will shock a lot of people. I think that there COACH has done a FANTASTIC job with that program. I have a lot and I do mean a lot of RESPECT for the ONEIDA coach. ONEIDA will be one of the teams to beat in the future. SO since you where wandering what I thought about the game, I think that Oneida played there hearts out and they played us as hard as they could. When we got up by 20 they still didn't give up and most teams usually do, that is why they will be great in the future. I have nothing but RESPECT for that team and COACH.

Edited by orangenation16

Orangenation, showing that kind of attitude and insight, makes you more valuable. A true competitor knows to give all he has on the floor, and play to win with all of his ability, and to expect that from the other players. Then you can respect each other for they are just like you. True competitors.

I'm sure that the coaching staff is working hard to improve the Oneida team... but truth be known, it's all the players' hard work that's paying off. They are the ones that are giving the extra effort, not only during the game, but after practice and on weekends. See, you can't coach heart...

Youdon'tknowme,

You're are exactly right and dead wrong in the same post. Yes, that was a very classy response that Orangenation gave. Yes, it is appreciated by the Oneida supporters, coaching staff and players. However, you are wrong that only the important players are coming back.

ALL PLAYERS ARE IMPORTANT TO THE COMPOSITION OF THE TEAM.

It hurts to lose any player, for any reason. The more you get around coaching, the more you will understand that. Coaches value and truly care about each one of their players. They don't always like them sometimes, but that's part of it. Just like a family. You don't always agree, or see eye to eye, but you still have that basis of love.

I also know that you didn't mean it to sound the way it came out, but I want you to know that we are all in this together, so let's stay together. Players, coaches, supporters, and fans.

Edited by threeball

You are right Threeball, I did not mean it to sound that way but I was speaking on a statistical basis.

Also you were right about me not being around coaching very long but I have been around long enough to know a little bit of what is going on. A few of the things that I have learned are.

1. You are there for the players, not yourself.

2. You coach to win.

3. You have the best players on the floor.(High school kids don't stay tired for long)

4. Never give up.

5. Respect your players like you want to be respected.

6. You say things to your players in a way that it is to motivate them, not put them down.

7. You praise them when they do good, and show them the right way when they do something wrong.

These are not examples of things I feel the Oneida coach doesn't do because I feel that most of them he would agree with me on. I feel that a lot of coaches in general may say they do but don't actually feel the same way.

So in closing I may not know a lot about the X's and O's but when it comes to dealing with the kids I feel that I do know what I am doing.