Bartlett battles Raleigh-Egypt

Pantherbert

Bartlett lost a tough one at Raleigh Egypt tonight 60-47

The game was a lot closer than the score indicates with the Panthers only trailing by 5 points or less for most of the game but with under 40 seconds to play Bartlett decided not to foul and R-E got some easy dunks to push it over double digits. It was a winnable game but R-E held on at the end.

The Panthers were lead by junior Hauns Brereton with 21 pts and junior Phillip Ryan with 14 pts

Edited by Pantherbert

Bartlett in deed hang in there the whole game they just turnoverd the ball a little way to much but gave a total of 32 min total team effort i think tonight showed they can pretty much play with anyone . Bartletts young talent will get them a long way next year hopefully But I gotta give egypt credit they came ready and showed they wanted the game more in the 2nd half with alot of offensive rebounds and to Duke calahon for egypt plays well also . Goofluck to Both teams the rest of the way.

Yeah, turn-overs really killed Bartlett tonight. Give a lot of credit to Coach Adams for having his guys ready to hang tough in the 2nd half. Unlike Craigmont, R-E was able to run-n-gun but also play well in the half-court which I think frustrated our guys a little bit.

The Panthers played hard. They do indeed have a young core of players and a lot of talent there. It just takes time to mature and bring out. Also, my thanks to Coach Adams for his hospitality tonight. He's a r graet coach and a real class act.

Edited by Pantherbert