The best AA team next year?

Fire2and1Ice

Guest timmiedr
Posted by lilkobe:

I'm going to say Austin East and Booker T.Washington because of the two great guards that are going to be seen for awhile. I'm talking about Albert Harris and Andre Allen. Should be a exciting matchup if they ever meet up.

lilkobe I usally do not pay any attention to predictions. But yours look and sounds funny to me BTW will not be representing the west this year. Part of the team left when Moy left the other part left this year. If you are thinking Allen is going to lead BTW you are sadly mistaking he likes shooting set shot too much. Pick Ridgeway or Hillcrest..

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

York will be a favorite in District 7AA no doubt, and Jackson Co. could be pretty good as well; but LA has a long way to go form about 5th or 6th in the district last year to going to the state this year. I'm not saying it could'nt happen. But, if your guys can do it, then I know our Owls can surely do it. I think they have a couple of new guys that may surprise some people. One is a new guy from out of state. Godd Luck Owls.

I agree with most of these teams mentioned. They all will have a shot......come November. I will comment on the teams not mentioned much.....or not at all. MLK is loaded with talent.....their young...but well coached and will contend. Sycamore, which went to the substate last year lost only their point guard.....but have replaced him with a transfer. My suprise team is Springfield. They lost no starters off last years team. They have a wealth of talent from top to bottom. The key to their success will be wheather they can come together as a team.......but I'm telling you....they are very athletic at every postion.

David Lipscomb still may be the team to beat in Middle TN.....but will face some stiff competition along the way.

Only time will tell..... :) Lace um up!

CoachHard, I agree with you..Like I've posted in other threads, Sycamore wasnt even supposedly the best team in their district last year and got hot at the right time...This year they're actually picked to get far and trust me they will be tough early..I honestly think that it'll come down to Giles Co and Sycamore for a state tournament berth. Giles Co is so talented from top to bottom but Sycamore has two 6'6 guys and a nice program..That will be a game to watch out for during the substate round.

Lipscomb of course is always gonna be a midstate power, they're program is just so solid and Coach Roller has great tradition and a nice program. Springfeild is full of athletes and leapers. If they can play a half court game and gell together at the right time, that'll be another state tournament spot or at least deep in the tournament.

Noone ever said LA would make it to state this yr we said in a couple of yrs to come. But in all do respect LA will be as good or better than Smith Co this yr all Smtih Co has is one guy (Sleeper) while LA has a bench full of hard working young guys with some talent. We will just have to wait and see i think smtih co will come to Livingston for their first meeting this yr.

Posted by chill:

Elizabethton has to be the favorite from the East. They return virtually everyone including manchild Vince Redd. Loudon will also be solid if they can replace the tenacity and leadership of Kevin Herrell. Austin East once again will be good but without Jam Blair they will struggle to get past a now experienced Fulton Falcons team which made great strides towards the end of the season. Rutledge could also be a player in Region 1. York has to be considered a favorite out of middle TN with Travis Tate and Derek Ledbetter leading the way. Upperman also has a lot of talent returning.......

Alcoa will be competitive but probably third or fourth in district. They are too small to reload after losing the seniors last year. Derrell Dean will fill in fine for the post last year and cous Dennis will support but they are lacking in guards. AE will reload and already has from what I have seen this summer. They will be two deep in most places. Fulton is the favorite in my opinion. They will battle Elizabethton from the upper east. Dyer County lost some players but they were a very deep team, they will be in the mix. And so will BTW. They lost last year at the end of the year, they will play better team this year. MLK is also loaded. The west will beat each other up but the WEST will end up winning states again this year. I thought Ridgeway had to move up. They should at 1240+ students. Upperman will not get as far this year.