Middle TN DII 2007

red56

Well, things are changing. FRHS wouldnt suffer this draught for long. Tho the FR class of '06 didnt see many victories during their HS career, they will see the leadership impact they left behind. Things are looking up for every school, and a good FR football team is closer than you think, wait til spring football.

BTW, how does Ensworth look so far? The next formidable team? The Next MBA?

You guys say that EVERY year and it never happens. It's about time the "purple pride" puts their money where their mouth is. Before you boys run your mouths remember 49-21

• Replies 177
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

JP2 at Hillsboro

Christian Bros. at Hillwood

Franklin High School at Greer Stadium

Briarcrest at Greer Stadium

Centineal at Greer

MBA at MBA(MBA's homecoming)

BGA at Greer

Baylor at Baylor

Brentwood Academy at BA

McCallie at Vandy(homecoming)

Thats a tough scheduele. Its the same from last year but we have more home games. IF we beat JP2 first game, we can go undefeated to MBA(depending on the CBHS game). I say this becuase I have seen it, and know it. Its a good thing that perhaps our most important game will be our first one. And we are out for blood. We will play a pretty simple strategy against Pope - keep the ball out of Tates hands (kickoff, punt, passing). If we can do that and be effective on offense, it should be a game in our favor.

EDIT : Its both hillsboro and hillwood

Edited by Father Ryan Wrestling

I havent heard anything about Park committing to Ole Miss in either sport, but baseball would be his best bet at Ole Miss, and I think he would agree.

Read in the paper the other day that Park has committed to Ole Miss to play baseball.

JP2 at Hillsboro

Christian Bros. at Hillwood

Franklin High School at Greer Stadium

Briarcrest at Greer Stadium

Centineal at Greer

MBA at MBA(MBA's homecoming)

BGA at Greer

Baylor at Baylor

Brentwood Academy at BA

McCallie at Vandy(homecoming)

Thats a tough scheduele. Its the same from last year but we have more home games. IF we beat JP2 first game, we can go undefeated to MBA(depending on the CBHS game). I say this becuase I have seen it, and know it. Its a good thing that perhaps our most important game will be our first one. And we are out for blood. We will play a pretty simple strategy against Pope - keep the ball out of Tates hands (kickoff, punt, passing). If we can do that and be effective on offense, it should be a game in our favor.

EDIT : Its both hillsboro and hillwood

So are you assuming victories over Franklin, Briarcrest, and Centennial, and possibly CBHS?...interesting.

Baylor returns Kevin Cooper who is pretty much unstoppable at back. He is a man among men and as was recently reported is a solid verbal commitment to the UT Vols where he will join Jacques McClendon next year.

Baylor - Had good talent last season but underachieved. New head coach coming in after posting a 7-5 record before losing to eventual state champ MUS 24-16 in the semi-finals. Sr. DT Sydney Tarver will anchor the D-line. Will be diificult to replace Tennessee signee Jacques McClendon. He was a man among boys. McClendon was named Tennessee Gatorade Player of the Year and was named to the Parade All-America team. Antonio Frazier signed with Furmand and Ty Levie will play college ball at Samford. Josh Ware signed with UT-Martin and QB Cody Romans will play at UT-Chattanooga. Last year's wins were all against public schools except for two, Father Ryan and MBA. And one of the losses was to MBA (the regular season game). The Red Raiders must learn to bring their A-game evey week and we must learn who their new head coach will be.

BA - Like Baylor, Brentwood Academy is another team that must learn to bring its A-game every week. Has lots of potential with some D1 talent on hand, but then they may underachive again, too. In the last four seasons, BA has accomplished less with more than any other D-II school, including Baylor. OT Mike Berry (6' 4" 300 lbs) signed with Auburn. Must find a QB and upgrade its scheme on offense. Has the talent to win it all, but won't. Look for at least one player to commit to Auburn at the end of the season.

CB - Did CB lose too much talent off last year's squad that finished runner-up to MUS? "The Brothers" placed five seniors and one junior on the Memphis All-Metro Private School Team. Can they replace the loss of Super & MVP Henry Harris at RB? All Super 7 LB Chris Walker returns as does Soph WR Dejon Mack, who was Super 7 Honorable Mention last year. The loss of Chris Mosby, a Kentucky commitment, hurts deeply because he recently died in a tragic automobile accident. He was a D2-AAA Mr. Football finalist for lineman of the year, Mosby finished second on the team in tackles with 65 despite missing two games with a dislocated left wrist. The middle linebacker also tallied two sacks, five quarterback hurries and one interception in 10 games. I think "The Brothers" will slip a notch this season and "rebuild".

FR - Their stock seems to be on the rise. Staff seems to have program on right track. Team showed some fiestiness last year. Lacking difference makers. Still a ways to go to compete toe-to-toe with the likes of MUS, MBA, CBHS, Baylor and McCallie week in and week out. FR splits most of the Catholic league talent in Nashville with Pope John Paul II, a new school located in the northern suburbs. The nomadic Irish, who have a beautiful and compact campus, have received zoning approval from the City of Nashville to play their home football games on campus. This should be a big shot in the arm as Father Ryan continues to revive a once proud football program under the leadership of Athletics Director Paul Davis.

JPII - Same as FR except they JPII has one major difference maker in Golden Tate - interesting to see how creative staff is in getting Tate the ball. The questions are will QB play be improved and will defense be improved? Has beautiful new stadium. Team must get physically stronger. If Golden Tate played for MBA...

MBA - The Big Red has been slipping in recent years and I think they bottomed out last season (Last two senior classes have been relatively weak, talent wise.); expect MBA to be on the upswing this season as they will field a larger, stronger and more athletic team lead by Sr. QB David Howe. I don't think anyone off last year's squad signed a college football scholarship. The 2006-2007 senior class should be better but playoff success will depend on certain juniors and sophomores stepping up quickly to become key contributors. My MBA sources tell me that the Junior and Sophomore classes will return MBA to its old, state championship form, soon. The addition of former Houston Oilers and Tennessee Titans O-lineman, Jason Matthews, as OL coach should improve OL play, a weakness since Edd Caudill left to join former MBA head coach, Ricky Bowers, at Ensworth High School (a new private school in Nashville that is siphoning talent away from MBA) a couple of years ago. MBA, with its play-anybody-anywhere attitude opens it season by hosting defending Kentucky State Champion Louisville Trinity. They also plan to be playing their homes games on Field Turf next season.

McCallie - The Blue Tornado went 7-4 last season. They were in every game, but couldn't close every deal. RB Anthony Conney (5'-9" 195 pounds) rushed for 958 yards and 13 TDs in 11 games will return for his senior season as will 6' 4" QB B.J. Coleman. Coleman accounted for 2509 yards of total offense. Coleman was 134 of 232 with only 3 interceptions. He averaged 200 yards per game passing. And he shared the wealth as five receivers, led by speedy returning senior Joel Bradford, as six receivers caught TD passes. The 6' 1" 165 lb. Bradford played in nine games and caught 39 passes for 829 yards. He averaged 21.3 yards per catch and 92.1 yards per game. His longest reception was 80 yards. As if that's not enough for Supr 7 defensive coordinators to worry about, the Blue Tornado return 6' 2" 190 lb. WR Walter Dozier who stung opposing defenses with 35 receptions for 651 yards and 5 TDs. Dozier averaged 18.6 yards per catch and 59.2 yards per game. McCallie averaged 395.9 yards per game on offense and held their opponents to 306 yards per game. My sources tell me that McCallie has a strong sophomore class for the coming season. As freshmen, they went 6-1. Their only loss was a 21-20 affair at the hands of a two-loss MBA freshman squad in Nashville.

MUS - The Owls have won the last two state championships and still appear to be the team to beat again this year. They may not be as talented as BA, but they have a better coaching staff. Head Coach Bobby Alston carries a 22-2 record into his third season at the helm. Coach Alston was awarded Coach of the Year last season from the Memphis Commercial-Appeal. MUS has a QB and BA doesn't. Sr. QB Michael Park returns to lead the Owls. He was 132-of-229 for 1,908 yards, 16 touchdowns and just six interceptions. He also rushed for 141 yards and a team-leading nine touchdowns. MUS's strength and conditioning program is as good as anyone's in the conference, if not the best. They have not only put the best team on the field on the field the past two seasons, but they are physically the most physically imposing team I saw the past two years in the Super 7. Their 3-3 defense seems to confuse every QB they play against and they really get after you. Strong and methodical on offense.

Prediction: MUS to face McCallie for the state championship in Murfreesboro.

Chattcity you need to read before you spout off. The only thing I wrote was about Kevin Cooper which I and anyone that reads knows about. The rest of the writing was just attached from someone elses writing....it was part of a forward. Yes I do know who Baylors coach is.........from now on read the posts before you make rediculous assumptions. So that maybe you can be in the know next time.

Why don't you respond the person that said MUS is the team to beat.

For a guy who seems to pride himself on being "in the know", you'd think sports89 would know that Baylor's new coach is former MUS assistant coach Massey.

By the way, McCallie is the team to beat this year, not MUS.

I agree sports89 that chattcity needs to read posts better. The writings that you had attached to your Cooper bit were from mach84 and even mach84 said that baylor had a new coach coming in after their 7-5 season. It amazed me how some people react without knowing what they are even reacting too. Maybe chattcity needs to "know how to read posts better." I agree with the only thing that you said though that Cooper is a force and will run over anything in his way.

Chattcity you need to read before you spout off. The only thing I wrote was about Kevin Cooper which I and anyone that reads knows about. The rest of the writing was just attached from someone elses writing....it was part of a forward. Yes I do know who Baylors coach is.........from now on read the posts before you make rediculous assumptions. So that maybe you can be in the know next time.

Why don't you respond the person that said MUS is the team to beat.

For a guy who seems to pride himself on being "in the know", you'd think sports89 would know that Baylor's new coach is former MUS assistant coach Massey.

By the way, McCallie is the team to beat this year, not MUS.