Region 4-5A

blue06

Wow, I haven't been on here in forever.

Blackman has a former LB (2000-2002) who is playing for the VOLS this spring. Oh wait a second.....that guy is me!!!!!!! That's right, after playing at MTSU for a little bit, I transferred to UT, and I start spring practice this Thursday.

Congrats man.......just remeber one thing there may be alot of players better than you but dont let NO ONE out work you. You cant control your talent but you can control your work ethic. So good luck to you!

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, I haven't been on here in forever.

Blackman has a former LB (2000-2002) who is playing for the VOLS this spring. Oh wait a second.....that guy is me!!!!!!! That's right, after playing at MTSU for a little bit, I transferred to UT, and I start spring practice this Thursday.

Congrats and good luck!!

One bit of advice...don't get close to Phil's donuts...really good way to lose a couple fingers. :P

Thanks everybody for your support. It really does mean a lot to me, and yes even you Riverdale fans, lol!! It's tough being only 5'8" and 210-215 lbs. when all the other LB's are around 6'3"-6'4" and 240-250 lbs.

But back to the topic at hand, does anybody know anything about Blackman this year. I haven't really paid much attention to them since the '04 season. I know they got Mimms and Wallace, but can they actually win a game this year?

Edited by bhsOL

Thanks everybody for your support. It really does mean a lot to me, and yes even you Riverdale fans, lol!! It's tough being only 5'8" and 210-215 lbs. when all the other LB's are around 6'3"-6'4" and 240-250 lbs.

But back to the topic at hand, does anybody know anything about Blackman this year. I haven't really paid much attention to them since the '04 season. I know they got Mimms and Wallace, but can they actually win a game this year?

No one seems to know a thing about BHS. However, their Middle school team was VERY VERY good. Should have won the championship, but had to forfeit all their games for playing a kid who was too old.

He is an excellent longsnapper....can't say for sure.....but I would bet money his scholarship is for that.

you are right he is, but matt told me that he had to tell the head coach when he went for his visit that he could longsnap. they believe he has the tools and fits their mold to play QB there. matt said that the head coach talked to him in his office and said that the starter from last season is returning {but he is a senior} but the the main back-up graduated and thus he told matt they expected him to come in as a freshman and compete for the back-up role and possibly compete to be the starter. and you know with his work ethic he will do just that. good things are just around the bend for him and i wish him the best of luck

This new COX kid from blackman, i heard from a couple parents he's a good player. Hes been workin hard in the weight-room and should be a good reciever for blackman this year

Good to hear ......are you also in his fan club?

Seems like he is getting ONE on here talking him up. Of course that puts all kinds of pressure on the kid to perform now. Can he handle it ?

Can Wallace get the ball to him?

Edited by 2priceless

Smyrna had only 10 seniors in 2005 2 signed

Smotherman - Vandy

Brock Willis - Kentucky Wesleyan

For some reason Smyrna seems to get a lot of kids signed to play somewhere.

Last yr they had I believe 9 players playing college football

As for 2006 prospects are

Antoine hendricks - being recruited as a db by several d1 teams including ut will continue to play tb/db at smyrna

James Williams - ol being recruited by several d1 schools with most interest by vandy

Maceo Harris - tb if he qualifies will be recruited heavily

smyrna also has several that will be dII type recruits

Smyrna also has a couple pretty good juniors in

Wilks - will be one of the top recruits in the state in 2007 and

sonny gray the best pure qb in the region last yr as a sophmore

Edited by 82cat