District 6-AAA

GradfromtheNest

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The thing is all of these Ooltewah boys are going be looked at because of the attention placed on Burke. There were no less that three major league scouts watching this past week. It's up to Woods, McDade, Markum and Howard to take the opportunity to impress. I know not all of them have the talent of Burke, but if there are people in the stands, put on a show!.!.

Hey Grad I have a question. In your opinion, will Burke honor his commitment to Vandy or will he enter the draft in April?

Actually, baseball is different than the NFL. In baseball, players do NOT enter the draft. Any amateur is automatically eligible for the draft (there are specific rules for college players). To sum it up though, Burke's decision to honor his commitment will more than likely depend on where he is drafted. Not sure though. Some players want to go to school and put that before playing pro ball.

Honestly though, if I'm a betting man, Burke will NOT be the only Owl drafted this year. :thumb:

I saw them all play over the weekend. Yes, I know, just scrimmages and all that, but I'll go ahead and go out on my proverbial limb.

1. Ooltewah. They're loaded (and I'm not even related to any of them!) There is absolutely no excuse, none whatsoever, for them not to win 95 percent of their games this year...all the way to state. They must, absolutely have to pick it up during post season this year. Even if a couple guys get hurt or in trouble, like years past, the bench is deep enough to pull them through. They should sweep their district games, and could win the district tourney wearing blindfolds. That is how good they are. I would love to see Ooltewah and McCallie go at it ten times this year. Each team would probably win five. Again, the Owls, if they remain focused, and don't get too full of themselves, have a great chance to bring home a state trophy this year. No one else in this district does. Including:

2. Soddy-Daisy. They have some good athletes, better than last year. But still some weak spots. As usual, not enough speed. Pitching looks improved, but this team is not rock solid on offense or defense. They could finish 6-2 in district, and maybe 23-17 overall, but not much better.

3. Red Bank. Typical Red Bank team, same story every year. Almost no seniors. How does this happen, year after year? One senior in the starting lineup, two senior starting pitchers, and that's about it. The rest of the lineup is experienced, but some are small (hopefully still growing). Defense is adequate, but nothing special. Very little power, decent speed, good pitching staff. They'll put up a decent fight for 2nd in district, and if they play smart they might sneak past SD. But Ooltewah will crush them.....as they usually do.

4. Central. Improved from last year, but that's not saying much. Defense is weak, pitching is average. Offense is improved, but not solid 1-9. Coaching should be better this year, and team attitude and morale should be up. If they give the new coach time to build, and Central can attract some good athletes, they might be a force in years to come....but not this year.

For what it's worth, I also saw Baylor, and they look good. I think they will be better than some are predicting. Notre Dame has a good mix of seniors and new kids. Their main pitchers should do well against their regular opponents, but offense and defense have some work to do. And Hixson's young...maybe next year. Didn't see much of anybody else.

Actually, baseball is different than the NFL. In baseball, players do NOT enter the draft. Any amateur is automatically eligible for the draft (there are specific rules for college players). To sum it up though, Burke's decision to honor his commitment will more than likely depend on where he is drafted. Not sure though. Some players want to go to school and put that before playing pro ball.

Honestly though, if I'm a betting man, Burke will NOT be the only Owl drafted this year. :blink:

Yeah Burke will be drafted question is what will he do. He will have alot of options. Draft and follow, go to vandy, or go with the orginazation that drafts him. Its a difficult situation that he and his family will have to make. Alot of it will have to do with what round he is drafted in and more so what that magical signing bonus amount is.

Edited by redandwhiteforever